2by4s....
4by8s...

2by4s...
4by8s...

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Poiuyt

Re: the Missing Pieces

Postby Poiuyt » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:06 pm

LostInTheMovies wrote:Lucy definitely seems to be based almost as much on the version of the character in the Missing Pieces as anything in the preceding 30 episodes! Especially with the phone thing.

Holy cow, this. The scene with the intercom felt like a direct setup for Lucy's cell phone shenanigans in the LES.
baxter

Postby baxter » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:56 pm

I just watched bits of the missing pieces for the first time after watching S3, and there is something I noticed in the convenience store scene that didn't strike me as significant before. Putting in a spoiler tag just in case.

Spoiler:
Laura's face gets superimposed on the convenience store at some point (looks like the same shot as the possession on the stairs). This now strikes me as very significant. i.e. it is similar to the Cooper face in the last parts of S3, and if we now know that Laura was somehow sent to combat Judy, it presumably means something to see her in the context of this scene. I don't know what it means though! :-D

Did anyone else have any thoughts on this? I may have missed them due to not reading this thread in months.
LateReg

Postby LateReg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Rewatched The Missing Pieces as I'm in the midst of my full rewatch of everything. I hadn't ever really thought about it and honestly forgot about it up until I saw it again, but when MFAP tells Cooper "There is nowhere to go...BUT HOME!" what does he mean? What did people take it to mean when they either read the script long ago or first saw The Missing Pieces? And now with the extra context of The Return, what do people think it means?
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:27 pm

LateReg wrote:Rewatched The Missing Pieces as I'm in the midst of my full rewatch of everything. I hadn't ever really thought about it and honestly forgot about it up until I saw it again, but when MFAP tells Cooper "There is nowhere to go...BUT HOME!" what does he mean? What did people take it to mean when they either read the script long ago or first saw The Missing Pieces? And now with the extra context of The Return, what do people think it means?

The obvious (maybe too obvious) reading is that he means the White Lodge. There is a definite parallel to Garland’s recounting his vision in Episode 8: “I’d known this place. I had, in fact, been born and raised there. This was my first RETURN. [Emphasis added] A reunion with the deepest wellsprings of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the HOUSE had been immaculately maintained...” (again, emphasis added...how does this tie in to, “It is in our house now”?)

Return to “Fire Walk With Me (1992)”