Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

twin-b wrote:
Sidgwick wrote:A very distressing thought hit me upon watching that last scene, which so expertly conveyed Ed's sadness. Didn't the deputy mention to Bobby in Part 11 that he heard a gun shot at the gas farm? What if it was self inflicted? That scene appeared to occur after this one in the warped time line ("We found something my father left..."
The deputy was at Big Ed's when he heard the kid shooting at the RR.
True, but geographically it doesn't make any sense because Big Ed's farm is far from the RR.
Now I don't remember if the deputy said "a gun shot" (singular) or "gunshots" (plural). If I remember correctly the shots were multiple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

ThumbsUp wrote: Speaking of Maddy, was Ray's dead body teleported to the Black Lodge, or did the ring/murder by Evil Coop create a doppelganger to exist in the Lodge?
I think the ring just teleported Ray's garmonbozia back to the lodge. I think so, anyway. Bad Coop's way of letting MIKE or Jeffries know that they can't stop him.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

yaxomoxay wrote:
twin-b wrote:
Sidgwick wrote:A very distressing thought hit me upon watching that last scene, which so expertly conveyed Ed's sadness. Didn't the deputy mention to Bobby in Part 11 that he heard a gun shot at the gas farm? What if it was self inflicted? That scene appeared to occur after this one in the warped time line ("We found something my father left..."
The deputy was at Big Ed's when he heard the kid shooting at the RR.
True, but geographically it doesn't make any sense because Big Ed's farm is far from the RR.
Now I don't remember if the deputy said "a gun shot" (singular) or "gunshots" (plural). If I remember correctly the shots were multiple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't understand how there's any confusion here. The deputy rushed to the RR because of the shooting that happened there.

[Edited to add: The deputy is weird so he didn't go into detail or indicate he rushed to the RR. But he said he heard "shots" and there were at least two gunshots at the RR.]
Last edited by twin-b on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Reddit noticed something creepy about Ed's reflection in the last scene.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... e_episode/
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

What really interested me in tonight's episode was the round spotlight effect on Sonny Jim's playground. Very reminiscent of the lead up to Maddy's murder. I wonder what this bodes for the Jones family.

I think Dougie/Coop will only "wake up" when Audrey decides to go to the Roadhouse. Only she and the Charlie character are capable of ending the story, at least according the Charlie anyway.
Hercousin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hercousin »

Does it blow anyone else's mind that Bobby punched Ed in the head in the pilot and now they're just two buds eating dinner with each other at the RR? That and James have left me with the doofiest grin on my face.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

ThumbsUp wrote:Reddit noticed something creepy about Ed's reflection in the last scene.

I mentioned this a few pages back. No one responded, but I'm dying to find out what people think. It's real. It's there.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

LateReg wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:Reddit noticed something creepy about Ed's reflection in the last scene.

I mentioned this a few pages back. No one responded, but I'm dying to find out what people think. It's real. It's there.
Ah, sorry for missing your post. This reflection thing totally unnerves me. Is there a time loop in town? Is there a convenience store connection? Doppelganger? Who knows.
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Post by zeronumber »

Just watched again.
Bizzare episode. Off kilter with the earlier shows in character acting seemed more relaxed.

Also:

-Dougies faceplant into the glass door was prat gold by Kyle.
-Naomi looks "so much" better behind the wheel of that BMW
-Audrey may be off the grid, but i still see its possible she is only emotionally tortured. (But hope fo the former and more outlandish outcome)

Finally, missed the reflect glitch at the Gas Farm scene, but did notice that how mysterious that he burns that bit of paper. (Its not the matchbook cover; the book on the counter is folded closed under the blue matches)

~Don't forget, Ed is a premiere Bookhouse Boy...so who can tell?

(PS....poor fucking Audrey~)

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

ThumbsUp wrote:
LateReg wrote:

Ah, sorry for missing your post. This reflection thing totally unnerves me. Is there a time loop in town? Is there a convenience store connection? Doppelganger? Who knows.
I got chills watching it. Is there an alternate version of events taking place simultaneously? That's what I was thinking, anyway.
Voltaire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voltaire »

zeronumber wrote:
-Dougies faceplant into the glass door was prat gold by Kyle.

I'm glad somebody enjoys that stuff. I am so over this drooling idiot Mr. Mgoo thing. This was better than 12. Not worth staying up for if you are a European viewer.

I am quite curious if it is true that Germany accidently leaked episode 14. Big if true and it should make its rounds through the internet shortly.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

TweetPeak wrote:Sky Germany customers beware Episode 13 contains Episode 14 - i Just watched it and was baffled with this thread as there was all different. We are Like the dreamer
Spoiler:
I will not spoiler anything, but boy, episode 14 was great.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Just published my response to pt. 13: http://www.lostinthemovies.com/2017/08/ ... ry-is.html. A lot happened tonight, yet I also feel like I'm fully on the train of "nothing HUGE is going to happen until pt. 16 at least and I'm ok w/ that." Also, man is it ever clearer and clearer that the timeline is being flagrantly messed with. I'm leaning toward the "Lynch said 'screw it' and sought emotional balance and tempo over temporal logic" but the way he's not even trying to disguise the lapses definitely makes me wonder if there's more than that going on.
coyoteswap

Post by coyoteswap »

About the boxing match loop tonight on Sarah's TV, was anyone else reminded of the woodsman's poem he recited over the radio in episode 8? I can't go back and make a comparison but the length, cadence, and intonation seemed about right between the boxing announcer's voice and the woodsman's.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

madeleineferguson wrote:James just sang "Just You". It is happening again.

The ending shot of Big Ed burning an unknown piece of paper... I don't know. To me that was proof that some stories in Twin Peaks are non linear. I wonder if all those cars passing by will prove to be significant?

And Audrey is definitely out of her mind.
what about the scene proved that? something i noticed is that when Big Ed looked out the window towards the gas station it certainly looked like the front of the conveience store that the Woodsman circulated through in ep. 8.

did you notice in the scene with Bobby, Big Ed and Norma Bobby says that "they found some things of my father's EARLIER TODAY" which suggest that the storylines are only roughly parallel. like we could see five days of Vegas in three episodes while still seeing scenes from two days of Twin Peaks happenings srpead out through the same three episodes.