Fire Walk With Me - original (first draft) screenplay?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Fire Walk With Me - original (first draft) screenplay?

Post by bosguy1981 »

What's the story on the first draft of the Fire Walk With Me screenplay? I've heard it mentioned that it exists, and includes Agent Cooper investigating the Teresa Banks case, and there's no Agent Chet Desmond. Is this something that's been out there and fans have read it and know how it differs from the shooting script? Or is it something only cast members would have seen, and we know about it but it's never been circulated?

If you know the answers to any of these questions, I'd love to have my curiosity satisfied:

How different were the Deer Meadow sequences? Surely, Cooper wouldn't have just had the same lines/scenes as Chet Desmond. Was any of Cooper's humor present? Coffee, cherry pie, etc.

Was the Philip Jeffries character even in that version of the script?

Is it true there was a scene where Cooper (or his doppelganger?) has sex with Laura Palmer in her bedroom?

Is it a true there was a scene for Catherine Martell? Any idea what was written for her?

Audrey? Any Audrey scenes?

Any other major differences or alternate scenes for series characters that differed from the shooting script?
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Fire Walk With Me - original (first draft) screenplay?

Post by Ross »

I'd love to hear this as well. Especially curious about Catherine- as I've always thought it was weird that she was the only major character that I've never heard was connected to the movie in any way.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

The first draft has never surfaced to my knowledge. An earlier draft surfaced on eBay once but it was too high for me to bid.

From what I recall, WIP gained a copy and highlighted the differences.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Is it true there was a scene where Cooper (or his doppelganger?) has sex with Laura Palmer in her bedroom?
Bless you David Lynch for removing that...