Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

eyeboogers

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby eyeboogers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:and “My Romance” making a reappearance when Richard & Linda have sex? I’m not sure how to connect these dots, but there must be something there.

"My Prayer", only correcting since I think the title has some importance in terms of its use in the motel scene :-)
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:30 am

eyeboogers wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:and “My Romance” making a reappearance when Richard & Linda have sex? I’m not sure how to connect these dots, but there must be something there.

"My Prayer", only correcting since I think the title has some importance in terms of its use in the motel scene :-)

Ha thanks! I must have been subconsciously thinking of Rosemary Clooney.
claaa7

Postby claaa7 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:04 am

Part 15 is probably my favorite hour of the entire show. it really packs a punch and includes Everything I love about the World of Twin Peaks in very much the same was as Fire Walk With Me did. the Visual strength is constantly on the same level as in that film (which is also one of my top 10 films of all time), you got warm, lovely characters getting it right (Norma and Ed, set to such a wondeful tune), you got the Surreal, creepy darkness and the otherwordly, you got great Music and sound design, you got emotional depth and pathos (the Death of the Log Lady), suspense, etc.

while The Return isn't masterful film making for its entire 18 hour duration, every single minute of this Part surely is!
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Wed May 09, 2018 1:01 am

Seems like the inspiration for the Log Lady's final speech

Return to “Parts Discussion”