Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

mtwentz

Re: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Postby mtwentz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:28 am

madeleineferguson wrote:Just watched Season 1, Episode 2. What if Carrie Page is Laura's cousin? 25 years past, it seems obvious TMFAP is talking about Maddy Ferguson. However, since the dream takes place 25 years in the future... the obvious cousin would be Carrie Page.

Why would her cousin hear Sarah's voice?
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
madeleineferguson

Postby madeleineferguson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:46 am

mtwentz wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:Just watched Season 1, Episode 2. What if Carrie Page is Laura's cousin? 25 years past, it seems obvious TMFAP is talking about Maddy Ferguson. However, since the dream takes place 25 years in the future... the obvious cousin would be Carrie Page.

No idea! "But doesn't she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?"
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:51 pm

madeleineferguson wrote:
mtwentz wrote:

Part 18 is so open-ended, any interpretation is possible.

But that being said, I think the strongest evidence is that Carrie Paige is 'some version' of Laura Palmer.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:57 pm

mtwentz wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:
mtwentz wrote:Why would her cousin hear Sarah's voice?

Part 18 is so open-ended, any interpretation is possible.

But that being said, I think the strongest evidence is that Carrie Paige is 'some version' of Laura Palmer.

Agreed.It almost felt like a prologue to a new Chapter in Twin Peaks
Jonah

Postby Jonah » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:41 pm

I haven't posted here in almost a year! I really hated this episode when I first saw it, having mostly liked Part 17. I recently rewatched both of the last two Parts (planning to rewatch the whole revival soon) and I've warmed a little to Part 18. I think it's well shot and eerie. I still think it's a bit disappointing that more things weren't resolved (but, come on, who was I kidding? This is Lynch!), but it's better than I remember it being. I hope they do Season 4, though, and pick up directly from here. I'm not really expecting answers if they do, but I think it would be fascinating to see Cooper and Laura (aka Carrie Page) check in to The Great Northern and start exploring the town of Twin Peaks, past present future and alternative world, together, in search of answers.

A couple of points I noticed on the rewatch - According to Google, it takes 28 hours to drive from Odessa to Washington. It didn't seem like they were driving that long. Maybe 12 hours, but definitely not a day and a bit. They never stopped to sleep and we saw it go from day to dark, but not day again. Was that Ronette's bridge they drove through when they reached the town or just a bridge that looks like it? Interesting that it never showed them passing the Welcome to Twin Peaks sign (maybe it doesn't exist in this version of the town, or in this year...though the RR does).
Actually, now that some time has passed, I like "The full blossom of the evening".
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

But missing the RR2GO part.

Not Ronette's bridge. That bridge is close to the 4 way intersection where Richard runs over the kid.

Return to “Parts Discussion”