Season 3, The First Draft - Speculation etc.

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

mtwentz

Re: Season 3, The First Draft - Speculation etc.

Postby mtwentz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:51 pm

eyeboogers wrote:
Cappy wrote:That's a good point - I don't think anyone seriously expected LFB to return for Season 3.

I thought it was possible, Sherilyn Fenn turned down FWWM as well, also conquered some life challenges and returned.

If I recall, there were stories circulating early on that Lara was desperate to have a role in the new Twin Peaks. I was very surprised to learn that she had turned down Lynch/Frost and not the other way around.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:56 pm

mtwentz wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Cappy wrote:That's a good point - I don't think anyone seriously expected LFB to return for Season 3.

I thought it was possible, Sherilyn Fenn turned down FWWM as well, also conquered some life challenges and returned.

If I recall, there were stories circulating early on that Lara was desperate to have a role in the new Twin Peaks. I was very surprised to learn that she had turned down Lynch/Frost and not the other way around.

Was any of that confirmed/from a reliable source?
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm

eyeboogers wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:

Was any of that confirmed/from a reliable source?

Not that I remember, but I do seem to remember it was in one of the tabloids. So much t was more than just dugpa buzz I think.
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:17 am

Here is the article from 2014 stating LFB was desperate to be in the new Twin Peaks:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... eboot.html
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am

I think the content of that article speaks for itself. Unreliable, unsubstantiated, pandering, gross schlock.

I also assumed LFB wouldn’t return, but it’s not unreasonable that L/F would reach out. It would be sort of monstrous to continue to hold her accountable for behavior of 25 years ago when she was 19-20 years old. Would you, as an adult, want your career reputation to hang in the balance of your worst behavior during your college years? She’s lived a life since then. And while she still seems to be rather troubled/difficult if the tabloids are to be given a shred of credence, that has never stopped DKL from hiring actors like Dennis Hopper, Tom Sizemore, etc. Heck, even back then, DKL wanted her for FWWM if she would have done it. It seems that LFB still has some chip on her shoulder regarding her time on the show; it would be so interesting to hear her side, but that seems unlikely to ever happen. In any event, I find it perfectly believable that they reached out and she declined (which I believe Fenn also said was the case on twitter, FWIW...I trust her more than an unnamed Daily News “source”).

It’s also worth noting that many of the actresses blacklisted by Harvey Weinstein were labeled with reputations for being “difficult.” I certainly don’t mean to imply that L/F did anything wrong, but there are two sides to every story, and given how young she was and the personal nature of her relationship with Kyle, there are a billion possible reasons she may not look back on the show fondly and may not have wanted to return regardless of the potential career boost.
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:20 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I think the content of that article speaks for itself. Unreliable, unsubstantiated, pandering, gross schlock.

I also assumed LFB wouldn’t return, but it’s not unreasonable that L/F would reach out. It would be sort of monstrous to continue to hold her accountable for behavior of 25 years ago when she was 19-20 years old. Would you, as an adult, want your career reputation to hang in the balance of your worst behavior during your college years? She’s lived a life since then. And while she still seems to be rather troubled/difficult if the tabloids are to be given a shred of credence, that has never stopped DKL from hiring actors like Dennis Hopper, Tom Sizemore, etc. Heck, even back then, DKL wanted her for FWWM if she would have done it. It seems that LFB still has some chip on her shoulder regarding her time on the show; it would be so interesting to hear her side, but that seems unlikely to ever happen. In any event, I find it perfectly believable that they reached out and she declined (which I believe Fenn also said was the case on twitter, FWIW...I trust her more than an unnamed Daily News “source”)

Mr. Reindeer, are you questioning the journalistic integrity of the British tabloid press :D
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 am

Yes. :lol:

Return to “Season 3 (2017) The Return (Spoilers)”