Twin Peaks DVD at Comic Con Reports

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Comic-Con Panel Audio and Images

Postby pvilmur » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Here's an audio recording of the Comic-Con panel with DVD producer Charles de Lauzirika, as well as a few pics I snapped. I tried to fiddle with the audio a bit to even out the amplitude, so hopefully you can get a good read. Images are a little blurry but they're shot off the screen. These are clips from the cast and crew interviews. I think you'll appreciate de Lauzirika's passion for the project and commitment to a great DVD set by listening to his presentation. The end of the audio trails off as the speaker wasn't mic'd, but I cut it right at the point where he was done talking. Incidentally, I heard nothing to the effect that they didn't want this material made public, so I'm assuming it's ok to post --

Audio: http://web.splashcast.net/go/p/PBYC6288YU

Last edited by pvilmur on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Postby FaceInTheLeaves » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Thanks for posting that. I'm looking forward to the Sheryl Lee interview. I'm also curious about the discussion between David Lynch, Madchen Amick and Kyle MacLachlan and I'm thrilled the set includes the European pilot. Paramount have handled the release badly, from the horrid gold cover to uncertainty over deleted scenes but bless their hearts they've made an effort and that's enough to win me over.
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Postby whatif » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:11 pm

The one thing that still makes me skeptical is the fact that they didn't mention how many deleted scenes or which ones they would include.

If they include the one with Ben and Maddy, Pete and Albert, and Josie in the Lodge, I would probably sh*t myself.

Dugpa, can you find out which scenes will be included?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Postby Brad D » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:50 am

if i remember correctly, the deleted scenes that we listed in another thread were primarily from season 1...hopefully there will be some juicy stuff for season 2 as well. i cant wait to find out what all is included...
Zooastur

Postby Zooastur » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:35 am

Thank you very much pvilmur
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Postby Hank_Jennings » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:31 am

Hey, thanks for posting those pics, pvilmur. I'm getting more excited about this set. I may have been skeptical about the quality of this release, but Paramount have really surprised me now.
charles
RR Diner Member

Postby charles » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:38 am

This is such great news! I'm really quite shocked tat there was any response at all to our outcry about this set... I'm developing a wary hopefulness that a non-corporate entity can actually effect the outcome of anything. Hmmm...I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. :wink:
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Postby pvilmur » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:30 am

For those unaware, Mr. de Lauzirika is also producing the incredible Blade Runner DVD set, so it goes without saying that they've got the right man on the job. I'm extremely pleased that CBS would put such a competent and committed individual on the TP Complete Mystery set.

I've done a quick write-up on the Blade Runner DVD panel for those interested -- no recording or pics though :D

http://starwarsblog.wordpress.com/2007/07/28/blade-runner-the-final-cut-%e2%80%93-and-a-sequel/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Postby Jerry Horne » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 am

Great job Pete! I think it's the briefcase version for me. It's already up for pre-order on Amazon everybody (Unlike the TP box that comes out sooner)
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Postby FaceInTheLeaves » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:50 pm

I can't wait for the Blade Runner DVD.

The Twin Peaks deleted scenes will be nice to have and I'm relieved they're not going to fester in a vault until someone realises they don't exist anymore a la Blue Velvet and The Wicker Man.

That said, I'm more excited about the European pilot, Sheryl Lee and David Lynch, who's probably realised this is his last chance to get involved with Twin Peaks on DVD. I'd like to think we'll see the deleted scenes from FWWM eventually but finishing and releasing them on DVD isn't going to make anyone any money. We already have trailers and interviews with the cast and unless someone pushes the boat out and puts together a proper special edition with deleted scenes that's it for Twin Peaks.

If there were no special features at all on the DVDs I suppose I'd be content just to have the series and FWWM on an indestructible format with excellent sound and picture quality but it's easy to become greedy
benjamin

Postby benjamin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:52 am

i don't know, maybe this release of the complete mystery will broaden the fanbase and light a fire under the production for FWWM deleted scenes. at least thats what I can only hope for.
dugpa
Site Admin

Postby dugpa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:11 am

I think at this point the only way New Line will be able to get people to double dip on another FWWM DVD release is if they release the Deleted Scenes.

The current transfer looks good enough but outside of Deleted Scenes, there is no real reason the hardcore fan or even the casual fan for that matter would repurchase the DVD unless they up the ante on this one.

MK2 has been laying low on their side of the FWWM DVD re-release. I fear that the DVD may have gotten cancelled but have not heard an official word either way.

-B
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Postby jmichael » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:30 am

Maybe - just maybe - they're waiting to see how this "definitive collection" sells. If it is good as it sounds and it generates as much excitement/sales amongst fans as possible, New Line/M2K might release the potential of fixing up those deleted scenes for a new special edition.
tj o'pootertoot

Postby tj o'pootertoot » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:34 pm

Oh well...I'm annoyed.

This set sounds like it's going to be great but I still say they should have released the details before S2 came out so we had a proper choice.

I'd love to get it but simply will not be able to justify the cost unless it's awful cheap and I can maybe find someone to buy my "old" set. I love all the extras but I have the great S1 set and the mediocre-but-satisfactory S2 set and the Hong Kong DVD of the pilot; a total cost of about $150, I think.

I look at the Lord of the Rings or the new Blade Runner set (details just announced) as good examples of how to give consumers a choice. Whether Paramount didn't know the details two months ago or whether they were "hiding" them until now, I don't know. But I wasn't going to NOT get S2 with all the details so vague and I was kinda hoping the complete set would suck so I wouldn't be tempted.

Sorry for the bad vibes, but that's how I feel, darn it.
purpleturtle

Postby purpleturtle » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:42 pm

This set is still being referred to as the 'Definitive Gold' set. Does anyone know if they are still choosing to go with the hideous artwork that had to be removed?

Return to “General”