Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

User avatar
Silent Witness
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Silent Witness »

I just realized something: The four remaining slow orchestra tracks, which we haven't found the source for yet, have all been used in Season 1, whereas all the others didn't appear until Season 2.
So maybe these four have actually been recorded for Twin Peaks after all:

Half Speed Orchestra 1 (Stair Music_Danger Theme)
Half Speed Orchestra 5 (Leo's Theme)
Slow Speed Orchestra 1 (24 Hours) (only used in the pilot, but still...)
Slow Speed Orchestra 2 (Unease Motif_The Woods)

Could be that there was no time or money to record anything orchestral for Season 2, so they started using recordings from Badalamenti's other films on top of the tracks they already had. Just an idea...
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator
Posts: 4606
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Jerry Horne »

The entire Archive for only $9.90!!!

http://www.spinshop.com/store/davidlync ... &wId=67903
User avatar
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Italy

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by mavenickster »

Jerry Horne wrote:The entire Archive for only $9.90!!!

http://www.spinshop.com/store/davidlync ... &wId=67903

Wonderful!
User avatar
hopesfall
RR Diner Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:33 am
Location: Coventry, UK

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by hopesfall »

Jerry Horne wrote:The entire Archive for only $9.90!!!

http://www.spinshop.com/store/davidlync ... &wId=67903
I don't think I've ever seen a better value price for something.
User avatar
anthony_fwwm
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by anthony_fwwm »

Silent Witness wrote:Now we only need to find the rest and maybe we'll even get the full ending of "Half Speed Orchestra 1 (Stair Music_Danger Theme)" that way.
Stair Music_Danger Theme is from David Lynch's Public Service Announcement

User avatar
qbin2001
Great Northern Member
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by qbin2001 »

anthony_fwwm wrote:Stair Music_Danger Theme is from David Lynch's Public Service Announcement
This commercial is from 1991. Lynch directed it after Twin Peaks.
User avatar
qbin2001
Great Northern Member
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by qbin2001 »

Silent Witness wrote:I just realized something: The four remaining slow orchestra tracks, which we haven't found the source for yet, have all been used in Season 1, whereas all the others didn't appear until Season 2.
So maybe these four have actually been recorded for Twin Peaks after all:

Half Speed Orchestra 1 (Stair Music_Danger Theme)
Half Speed Orchestra 5 (Leo's Theme)
Slow Speed Orchestra 1 (24 Hours) (only used in the pilot, but still...)
Slow Speed Orchestra 2 (Unease Motif_The Woods)

Could be that there was no time or money to record anything orchestral for Season 2, so they started using recordings from Badalamenti's other films on top of the tracks they already had. Just an idea...
Both "Half Speed Orchestra 5 (Leo's Theme)" and "Slow Speed Orchestra 2 (Unease Motif_The Woods)" sounds like fragments of something longer, so no, I believe it was made for some films and probably never used until Twin Peaks.

I was wondering did every piece of Badalamenti's music from Blue Velvet is on the Soundtrack? "Leo's Theme" in normal speed sound similiar to the rest of the music IMO.
NotLauraPalmer
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Post by NotLauraPalmer »

I just saw this thread and I am dying to know where I can purchase this unreleased demo?

I would LOVE this set of music.
User avatar
master468
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 am
Location: The Black Lodge

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Post by master468 »

NotLauraPalmer wrote:I just saw this thread and I am dying to know where I can purchase this unreleased demo?

I would LOVE this set of music.
Here:

http://www.spinshop.com/store/davidlync ... &wId=67903

The entire Archive for only $9.90!!!
Image
NotLauraPalmer
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Post by NotLauraPalmer »

Already listening. It is a delight to my ears.. LOVE, love love it!

Thanks to people like you who keep this art alive.
User avatar
Leebob
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Leebob »

Jerry Horne wrote:The entire Archive for only $9.90!!!

http://www.spinshop.com/store/davidlync ... &wId=67903
I just bought this yesterday and played it as I worked. What a great wealth of tracks - many alternate versions of the commonly used themes and a depth of some of the less common. I believe there are over 200 tracks on the Twin Peaks Archive - to paraphrase Dale Cooper "great music, reasonably priced!"
User avatar
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Post by MoondogJR »

The link doesn't work anymore.
Is there anywhere where I can still buy this?
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Post Reply