Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

Ross wrote:Upon closer listen, I believe there are actually TWO versions of "Audrey's Walk" used in the series. The released one was used in episode 24, whereas a similar (but different) version was used in episode 26. Listen to the section at the end of the scene where Windom tells of the Lodges. I don't believe its just edited differently, I think its a different version, with different notes. If this alternate exists (Dean?), it would be great to have as well.

Very intrigued by this..I don't immediately remember that. I'll check it out after I move this weekend!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

BookhouseBoyBob wrote:
Ross wrote:Upon closer listen, I believe there are actually TWO versions of "Audrey's Walk" used in the series. The released one was used in episode 24, whereas a similar (but different) version was used in episode 26. Listen to the section at the end of the scene where Windom tells of the Lodges. I don't believe its just edited differently, I think its a different version, with different notes. If this alternate exists (Dean?), it would be great to have as well.
Very intrigued by this..I don't immediately remember that. I'll check it out after I move this weekend!
Yeah- I believe there is an alternate version used in ep 26. The version at the end of the Lodges scene is definitely different (not a re-edit). Hope we get it as well.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Art and post for this week's bundle is up at my site:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... vol-1.html
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

This bundle is really fantastic! Big thanks to Dean as always.

It's interesting that the TP Archive has lasted about as long as the tv series... a year and a couple months. "It's a beautiful thing."
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Once Dean has finished releasing stuff from the Archives, i can't come back to this forum...it'll make me too sad, because no doubt everyone will go 'I wish X version of X tune from X episode had been released' and I'll feel sad that I'll never have them
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

So, vol.II perhaps will include...

DANCE OF THE DREAM MAN (mute solo)
JACQUES'S BEATS
HI-HATS PASSAGE
PERCUSSION SOLO #4
SHELLY (TV version)
SNEAKY AUDREY - THE CHIP (LITTLE ELVIS)
SPELUNKING

Not sure about...

ONE-ARMED MAN'S THEME & JEAN RENAULT'S THEME (mix)
PALE HORSE
THE RED ROOM NOISE (GIANT'S THEME)
- first title I mean Cooper's dream scene (owl's shadow behind the curtains) at ep.2 final
LOVE THEME FROM TWIN PEAKS (light)
SNEAKY AUDREY - AUDREY'S INVESTIGATION (solo)
AUDREY (TV version)

Lost? :cry:

THE SWAN (instrumental)
LELAND'S DANCE (JUST CALL ME FRED)
GREAT NORTHERN PIANO TUNE #2 - JOSIE AND TRUMAN (full)
STAIR MUSIC (full)
YOU KILLED MIKE
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Thanks again, Dean!! Amazing bundle!!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:So, vol.II perhaps will include...[/b]
If they can be found, I'd love to get:

Audrey (Original)
Audrey's Walk (Version 2)?
Dance Of The Dream Man (Original)
Freshly Squeezed (Drums & Bass)(?)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Clean)
Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman) (Extended/Full)
Sneaky Audrey (Reprise)
Solo Percussion 4
Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)
Dark/Nerve Tones
You Killed Mike
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

No one interested in Laura Palmer's Theme/Half Heart mix from James and Laura scene? :(
Silent Witness, I need backup, lol
Silent Witness

Post by Silent Witness »

No one interested in Laura Palmer's Theme/Half Heart mix from James and Laura scene? :(
Looks like we're alone in this ;-)
Since Dean went back to the film's music stems for the epic Fire Walk With Me Bundle, I guess there's actually some hope for us. At least those have not been lost :-)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Silent Witness wrote:
Since Dean went back to the film's music stems for the epic Fire Walk With Me Bundle, I guess there's actually some hope for us. At least those have not been lost :-)
I don't need a mix- BUT I'd love to get the full version of this alternate solo version of "Half Heart"!! I had forgotten that one!!! BTW, which version of LP's solo piano is in this scene? I'll have to check- forgot there was a version in this scene as well.

So for FWWM it looks like there are two missing tracks:
You Killed Mike
Half Heart (Solo)
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Ross wrote:
Silent Witness wrote:
I don't need a mix- BUT I'd love to get the full version of this alternate solo version of "Half Heart"!! I had forgotten that one!!! BTW, which version of LP's solo piano is in this scene? I'll have to check- forgot there was a version in this scene as well.

So for FWWM it looks like there are two missing tracks:
You Killed Mike
Half Heart (Solo)
I'm with you, guys! Any piece from FWWM is a treasure for me! So, You Killed Mike, Half Heart (Solo), even that little piece that plays when The Log Lady meets Laura in front of the Roadhouse. I'll take anything!

Once again, thank you for all your hard work, Dean! I owe you a drink (or two)!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Just checked the piano version from the James & Laura scene ("Your Laura disappeared"), and its:

Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano A) TK3

Which is the same version used earlier in the movie ("Goodnight Princess"), so its actually used twice in the film.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:Just checked the piano version from the James & Laura scene ("Your Laura disappeared"), and its:

Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano A) TK3

Which is the same version used earlier in the movie ("Goodnight Princess"), so its actually used twice in the film.
Thanks Ross. I was about to ask that actually :)
And you're right, the Half Heart version used for this scene is a clean version with sax only. Thanks for bringing that up. I hope we can get that eventually.
What about the Laura Palmer's Theme played during most of James and Laura's talk? Is it the standard version? There's so many versions, lol.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

underthefan wrote: I'm with you, guys! Any piece from FWWM is a treasure for me! So, You Killed Mike, Half Heart (Solo), even that little piece that plays when The Log Lady meets Laura in front of the Roadhouse. I'll take anything!
I'd also love to get that brief piece of ethereal music/sounds we hear during the Laura/Log Lady meeting.

Didn't someone mention that the version of Voice of Love that can be heard faintly (I think during close-up shots of the angel painting) sounded like an alternate version?