S3: Make Your Peace Now with the Ending You Dread (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Re: S3: Make Your Peace Now with the Ending You Dread (SPOILERS)

Post by Gabriel »

Episode 18 ends with:

Oblivious Janey E nags the zombifed Coop, who has spent the last 16 episodes walking around in a daze, to eat his sandwich. Sonny Jim gives him a thumbs up. Hawk knocks his coffee over the Laura Palmer evidence and remembers he has some paper in his pocket from episode 6 that he still hasn't read, so he uses it to mop up the coffee and the ink runs and the paper squishes up. He throws it away and stares at the bin for five minutes. Mike is still pacing up and down in the waiting room. The neutron tree burps. Evil Coop still sits in prison. Matthew Lillard sits in a jail cell, forgotten. A black-clad figure levitates from a cell, down the way, unnnoticed. Sheriff Truman looks bored as Wally Brando babbles on. Shelley gives her daughter some more money. Norma looks bored. Jacoby carries on spraying his spades for another five minutes. Richard Horne smokes another cigarette in the Bang Bang Bar. Big Ed appears for the first time, walking past the RR. Nadine walks past him the other way. 'Hi Nadine,' says Ed. 'Hi Ed,' says Nadine. Nadine walks off. Ed stares at the pavement for 15 minutes. There's a long shot of the cracks between the tiles. Everyone one except the Profoundly Disappointed group runs for the Kleenex after that scene. Another band from the Italians Do It Better label mime to a track. Laura Palmer's face appears. Sheryl Lee gets a credit. The End.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Gabriel wrote:Episode 18 ends with:

Oblivious Janey E nags the zombifed Coop, who has spent the last 16 episodes walking around in a daze, to eat his sandwich. Sonny Jim gives him a thumbs up. Hawk knocks his coffee over the Laura Palmer evidence and remembers he has some paper in his pocket from episode 6 that he still hasn't read, so he uses it to mop up the coffee and the ink runs and the paper squishes up. He throws it away and stares at the bin for five minutes. Mike is still pacing up and down in the waiting room. The neutron tree burps. Evil Coop still sits in prison. Matthew Lillard sits in a jail cell, forgotten. A black-clad figure levitates from a cell, down the way, unnnoticed. Sheriff Truman looks bored as Wally Brando babbles on. Shelley gives her daughter some more money. Norma looks bored. Jacoby carries on spraying his spades for another five minutes. Richard Horne smokes another cigarette in the Bang Bang Bar. Big Ed appears for the first time, walking past the RR. Nadine walks past him the other way. 'Hi Nadine,' says Ed. 'Hi Ed,' says Nadine. Nadine walks off. Ed stares at the pavement for 15 minutes. There's a long shot of the cracks between the tiles. Everyone one except the Profoundly Disappointed group runs for the Kleenex after that scene. Another band from the Italians Do It Better label mime to a track. Laura Palmer's face appears. Sheryl Lee gets a credit. The End.
LOL :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

mtwentz wrote:
Post credits. Nighttime. Rain. Diane and Albert finally walk out of Max Von's bar, having not appeared after part six, sharing an umbrella. Diane says 'Fuck you Debbie Reynolds! Motherfucker!' Albert realises he's in love. Lynch/Frost Productions logo.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Gabriel wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Post credits. Nighttime. Rain. Diane and Albert finally walk out of Max Von's bar, having not appeared after part six, sharing an umbrella. Diane says 'Fuck you Debbie Reynolds! Motherfucker!' Albert realises he's in love. Lynch/Frost Productions logo.
I think you have now detailed all our worst nightmare. Coop getting trapped once again in the Black Lodge seems tame by comparison...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The entirety of the original show/movie and all the non-Buckhorn material in TR are actually Bill Hastings's "LH Balthazar Getty" sequence, hence all the Bills ("HAS ANYBODY SEEN BILLY?!").

Yep, pretty unlikely, but who knows with DKL. :lol:
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Unintentionally, I got Diane saying 'Fuck you...' right in advance!! :lol:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Gabriel wrote:Unintentionally, I got Diane saying 'Fuck you...' right in advance!! :lol:
Yeah, you called that one, didn't you :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

mtwentz wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Unintentionally, I got Diane saying 'Fuck you...' right in advance!! :lol:
Yeah, you called that one, didn't you :-)
Yeah! Thank you mtwentz!!

And...

Fuck you mtwentz!! :lol: :wink:
Oneeyedwaldo

Post by Oneeyedwaldo »

Ok im going to get hung drawn and quartered for this but what if coop and evil coop have an eventual face off. They go back to the black lodge and due to coopers "perfect courage" he is able to take Annie and Laura's doppelgänger away from the lodge permenantly.
For some reason that promo shot of Cooper in his FBI uniform which looks like a doorway, he'll be with Laura Palmer. I just have a feeling there's gonna be some twist there.
It's a stupid idea I know.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Now that we're near the end- bump.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

mtwentz wrote:Now that we're near the end- bump.
No expectations for the finale = no fear or dread. I just hope we see or hear from Wally again. Absence of this will result in one angry Scandinavian :)
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

The Ending I Dread is one in which the Owls are what they seem. Please, anything but that!
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Ya. I tell Ya, I have no idea what expect.

Lots of Lodge shenanigans possibly?

Not sure how many of our characters will be revisited with only 2 hours remaining. We will obviously see Dale and Mr. C. I really hope we get more Audrey and Sarah.

As I'm sure many on this board would agree. The final episode of the original series was one of the most amazing things to happen on television ever. Like first man on the moon amazing.

Needless to say my expectations are quite high. And I'm about 90% certain I won't be disappointed.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Cooper sacrifices himself to trap himself and Mr C in the Lodge forever. The seed creates a new improved Dougie who returns to Janet-E and Sonny Jim to live happily ever after. Laura Palmer is alive again. Sarah Palmer vomits an evil alien frog thing.

Post-credits, we see a convent in the hills. As we move towards the window of the Mother Superior's room we hear a man and a woman having sex. Mother Superior Annie Blackburn curls up in bed with Sheriff Harry Truman and lights a post-coital cigarette. He kisses her and says, affectionately: 'How's Annie?'

'Oh, I'm fine,' says Annie.

Lynch/Frost logo.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Fucking brilliant.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.