Laura's diary pages (Potential Spoiler?)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtl
RR Diner Member

Re: Laura's diary pages (Potential Spoiler?)

Post by mtl »

4815162342 wrote:
dreamshake wrote:if you're going to say a book written only by one of the co-creators is fan fic you can also say a movie directed and written by only one of the co-creators is fan fic. you can ignore them because you don't like how they fit within your conception of the series or you can not reconcile the differences between the book and screen or even because you don't think they're successfully executed, but I find it especially disrespectful to mark frost to imply his novels are not a full part of his creation.
As I said, this is my perspective. You are free to consider the books the only real canon if you want, I'm not saying that's wrong. What I will say (without evidence) is that I think if the TV show didn't exist, no one would care about the books, and the only reason anyone cares about the books is the TV show.
think ifffffff woullddd (and without evidence :lol: )

not at all MATE
this post is for anyone who says it aint canon anyway.

I go back to the books without the show - final dossier parts of Log Lady, Mr.C and Jeffries are mindblowing

and Milford's part of the Secret History fits absolutely well with ep 8.

and.. what is CANON anyway?
Lynch doesnt ask Frost and includes some weird Richard & Linda stuff? Frost never approved. is it.. canon?
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

lol comparing mark frost's books to a special feature is definitely minimizing his work.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

dreamshake wrote:lol comparing mark frost's books to a special feature is definitely minimizing his work.
who's comparing what.. dreamSHAKER? ( :lol: :? )
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

mtl wrote:
Lynch doesnt ask Frost and includes some weird Richard & Linda stuff? Frost never approved. is it.. canon?
Yes, 1) it was put out under Lynch/Frost productions and 2) Lynch has stated that every addition to the script was sent to Frost prior to filming (of course with the exception of on set improvisations), so while these ideas didn't originate with Frost, he certainly didn't veto them - and had the opportunity to do so.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

eyeboogers wrote:
mtl wrote:
Yes, 1) it was put out under Lynch/Frost productions and 2) Lynch has stated that every addition to the script was sent to Frost prior to filming (of course with the exception of on set improvisations), so while these ideas didn't originate with Frost, he certainly didn't veto them - and had the opportunity to do so.
you can say yes if you believe that's the right answer for you.

I don't have any answer. I dont care about productions , titles, SPECIAL features ( :lol: )
I care about what the 2 creators of Twin Peaks have to say about it.

Lynch also had the ''''''''opportunity''''''''' to call Frost and ask him not to release it or switch a couple of things around.
He trusted Frost and his view of Twin Peaks, as Frost trusted Lynch and his view of Twin Peaks. sounds amazing to me.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

4815162342 wrote:What I will say (without evidence) is that I think if the TV show didn't exist, no one would care about the books, and the only reason anyone cares about the books is the TV show.
Sure, but there's plenty of things I never would have checked out had the TV show not alluded to them, for instance, a lot of old noir films and even stage musicals. There's a ton of books and things I'm sure I'd love, but I'll never get directed in their path.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
RR Diner Member

Post by 4815162342 »

AXX°N N. wrote:
4815162342 wrote:What I will say (without evidence) is that I think if the TV show didn't exist, no one would care about the books, and the only reason anyone cares about the books is the TV show.
Sure, but there's plenty of things I never would have checked out had the TV show not alluded to them, for instance, a lot of old noir films and even stage musicals. There's a ton of books and things I'm sure I'd love, but I'll never get directed in their path.
It's a valid point. Personally, I didn't learn about anything from Twin Peaks that I like as much as the show itself. The main idea is that for me (and this is me, I'm not dictating here) the show is the center of gravity for the whole idea of Twin Peaks, thus anything outside of that, even if it's by people involved with the show, is not really a part of "Twin Peaks"
Last edited by 4815162342 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

I love Yellow Submarine (the MOVIE) and it doesn't have anything to do with The Beatles.