Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

billloomis

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by billloomis »

Elad Repooc wrote:3600.jpg
"I will saw your head open and eat your brains if you fuck me over"
I'm sorry...i know this belongs in the BASH thread, but the guy with the gun looks so much like a paid extra just standing there. They really could have came up with a better thug. Outside of his size he is not menacing in the slightest.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Hockey Mask wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Again: Anyone know the name of the lady dispatcher at the Sheriff's Department who chided Chad re: Doris? (That was another subtly heartbreaking bit for me BTW - you could see Candy Clark's performance was irrational anguish there, not just nagging, and then the dispatcher confirmed it. I hope we get more of that subplot.)
Maggie.
Maggie Brown, to be exact (per her nametag).
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Sonny Jim has a stack of Hardy Boys books on his shelf, but the one that he's reading in the dark before Coop comes in has an evocative title: The Secret of the Old Mill!
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:
Elad Repooc wrote:Great episode. Just when I got settled into the pace of the long, drawn out scenes, a kid gets run over and it all becomes beautifully horrific.

I don't quite get why people are getting tired of Dougie Cooper, though. I'm finding his scenes funny and moving. I almost feel like wanting him to wake up is like wanting to know who killed Laura Palmer. You desperately want it, but then when you get it you realise it means it's all over.

I feel like Dougie Cooper is the Laura Palmer of The Return. If he wakes up half too soon, maybe that would be just as much of a mistake as when Laura Palmer's killer was revealed too soon in Season 2.
It does puzzle me what people think is going to happen the minute Coop becomes 'normal'...

Me, I'm just enjoying the ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not spend 15 minutes with him being lead to places or directed to sit down or how to write?
But if this seen as one big movie, what we think after part 18 if everything has slotted in?

(This is a lovely forum to post in by the way, genuinely, I appreciate the courtesy Image)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

By any chance, does anybody know the song which is playing when the episode began? When coop is looking at the statue
Leebob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leebob »

bastia wrote:By any chance, does anybody know the song which is playing when the episode began? When coop is looking at the statue
I had quite a bit of background noise at my house last night so did not hear it well, but it reminded me a great deal of the music that played during the opening credits of FWWM.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

bastia wrote:By any chance, does anybody know the song which is playing when the episode began? When coop is looking at the statue
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
bastia
Roadhouse Member

Post by bastia »

Panapaok wrote:
Thank you! I was really into that. Great tune
Denise's Pieces
Roadhouse Member

Post by Denise's Pieces »

billloomis wrote:
Elad Repooc wrote:3600.jpg
"I will saw your head open and eat your brains if you fuck me over"
I'm sorry...i know this belongs in the BASH thread, but the guy with the gun looks so much like a paid extra just standing there. They really could have came up with a better thug. Outside of his size he is not menacing in the slightest.
I LOVE that guy. He's played perfectly. Smiling at Red's antics and Evil Dick's discomfort... the gun is menacing enough. He doesn't have anything to prove. This is an example of a perfect Lynch background character.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Another red balloon. Had a flash of that spirit floating up to the sky like a balloon.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.34.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.34.59 PM.png (645.37 KiB) Viewed 9587 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

federicomiozzo wrote:
asquideatingdough wrote:
federicomiozzo wrote:
THIS TBH I don't get it and can't write get it out of my head.
Yes! I want people to talk about this. Is the 5 digit number on the pole a zip code? What is the purpose of the single 6 on the pole? When I say purpose, I mean the real life purpose, not what it might symbolize.

What puzzles me (drives me nut) is that that's THE pole of FWWM, the No. 6 pole that was "somehow" linked to the No. 7 on the elevator for at the FBI Headquarters where Jeffries happered. Lynch put THAT specific pole (which is the SAME one of FWWM) for a porpouse. What's really puzzling is that if the trailer was moved from Deer Meadow to TP, how could the pole move too?! It is not just a pole it's THE pole. Electricity/Garmombozia eating pole.
In TSHoTP, though, Carl Rodd is from Twin Peaks - there *is* no Deer Meadow. They appear to have converged, like the lodges. "Two keys, two lodges. Fear opens one, love the other".

Even in FWWM, there seems to be some ambiguity about TP and DM. I think it interesting that Deputy Cliff shows up outside of Twin Peaks, and Teresa-Leland link the two towns, as well.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:Another red balloon. Had a flash of that spirit floating up to the sky like a balloon.
Jeebus. How many is that now?
federicomiozzo

Post by federicomiozzo »

Attachments
Pole in TP3
Pole in TP3
pole no. 6.jpg (148.86 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
Pole in FWWM
Pole in FWWM
pole 6 fwwm.jpg (34.53 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

wxray wrote:
federicomiozzo wrote: Yes! I want people to talk about this. Is the 5 digit number on the pole a zip code? What is the purpose of the single 6 on the pole? When I say purpose, I mean the real life purpose, not what it might symbolize.

The yellow numbers are defined by the utility. Each utility has a different way of identifying poles. Many have mixed numbers and letters. The use of these yellow numbers is quite standard. This is not a zip/postal code in the real world. Who knows what the yellow numbers are here. Might be a clue.

The "6" is just pure Lynch. It is not uncommon, however, for people to put up their own junk on poles to identify things. Small example: a business may number poles for emergency groupings from a building
Have never been to a trailer park in my life, but in FWWM I always assumed the #6 and #7 were address numbers for individual trailers. (One associated with Theresa's, the other with the one vacated by the Chalfonts.)

As for the Deer Meadow discrepency? I'm lost so far.
federicomiozzo

Post by federicomiozzo »

garethw wrote:
federicomiozzo wrote:
asquideatingdough wrote:
Yes! I want people to talk about this. Is the 5 digit number on the pole a zip code? What is the purpose of the single 6 on the pole? When I say purpose, I mean the real life purpose, not what it might symbolize.

What puzzles me (drives me nut) is that that's THE pole of FWWM, the No. 6 pole that was "somehow" linked to the No. 7 on the elevator for at the FBI Headquarters where Jeffries happered. Lynch put THAT specific pole (which is the SAME one of FWWM) for a porpouse. What's really puzzling is that if the trailer was moved from Deer Meadow to TP, how could the pole move too?! It is not just a pole it's THE pole. Electricity/Garmombozia eating pole.
In TSHoTP, though, Carl Rodd is from Twin Peaks - there *is* no Deer Meadow. They appear to have converged, like the lodges. "Two keys, two lodges. Fear opens one, love the other".

Even in FWWM, there seems to be some ambiguity about TP and DM. I think it interesting that Deputy Cliff shows up outside of Twin Peaks, and Teresa-Leland link the two towns, as well.
DM is surely there in FWWM