The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Re: SPOILERS: The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Post by LonelySoul »

sneakydave wrote:
Wouldn't expect anything else from those guys. Just ignore them and they'll go away.
Last edited by LonelySoul on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I am very relieved that the door is still open for Harry, somehow someway. It's been a fun ride trying to crack this case, but yeah, Sheriff Frank Truman it is. Right? :lol:
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

But Amy shiels Is just 24. Was hoping for an older actress
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Brad D wrote:I am very relieved that the door is still open for Harry, somehow someway. It's been a fun ride trying to crack this case, but yeah, Sheriff Frank Truman it is. Right? :lol:
Same here!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

So the leaked pages about the bank explosion seem to imply that Cooper figured out about Andrew, correct? Would this mean prior to the explosion (but not discussed on the series)? If after, he'd already be DoppelCoop...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Cerulean
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cerulean »

If it's not too much hassle, could anyone point me in the direction of the newly leaked pages? Been searching Google Books endlessly and can't find anything past Lewis' murder and some out-of-order stuff about Chief Joseph, Denver Bob and the Owl Cave petroglyph.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 04559.html

The way she/the article here talks about filming certainly makes it seem like she was not just a minor character who shot for a couple of days.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Frank Truman ???? Explosion bank ?????

I've lost. Where did you get all this information ??? I am now extremely excited by this !!!
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Wow, a lot of exciting news has surfaced from these leeks. I can't believe we're already in the month of the book release
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Toad now has a name...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Ross wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Toad now has a name...
I guess Toad has had a name all along! From the Access Guide! I need to track that down.

(Thanks OK,Bob)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

So Tamara Preston is the only Agent checking the files? I thought there were two agents.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Ross wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Toad now has a name...
We are assuming the Toad referenced in these pages is the one Marv Rosand played that will be in the new series, right?
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

So much new info to take in! I'm reeling.

Although I made peace with Robert Forster playing Harry Truman, I'm actually glad that he's playing another character. It makes me wonder if they somehow got Ontkean on board for a secret cameo. It just seems like it would have been way easier to recast Harry than re-write him into another character at the last minute... unless they were able to secure Ontkean for a small surprise role. It could be like how when Lynch couldn't originally secure Kyle MacLachlan to play Coop for FWWM, so he created the all new character of Desmond...but then got Coop to do a small amount of filming in the end anyway, and both characters were in the final film.

Although I assumed Audrey lived when Sherilyn was cast, you never know...she could have been a Lodge entity or something. So glad that it's official that Audrey survived. Sad about ol' Pete, but let's be honest, it was the best and quickest way to explain his death. The storyline gymnastics that they would have to go into to explain how Andrew and Pete would surivive a bomb going off right in their face would be incredible, and for what? With both actors passed away, there's no point. It's already pushing credibility that Audrey survived.

Now...the new backstory of Big and Nadine is just...weird. It seems to totally contradict the backstory Big Ed gave to Agent Cooper in the second season premiere episode. And Mark Frost wrote that episode! There's no way he doesn't know that's a huge continuity error. Which means, Ed lied to Coop? Why I wonder. That's the weirdest part of all this so far. But color me intrigued.
map66

Post by map66 »

Amy Shiels was actually fairly decent in Californication, if one can get passed how one note her character was written as the Lolita type. But she is attractive in a rather Lynch way---- really defined facial bones for one.

And is there any link to all these new pages? I've had no luck tracking them down on google books.