Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

David Lich

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by David Lich »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:47 pm "The 3 R's" I think he shot in HD in 2011. I loved that thing. ..."
I LOVE that short, Really hoped we would see more of that kind of thing
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 am
madeleineferguson wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:48 am While it's frustrating not to have any more information on this new project, I'm sure Lynch is over the moon happy that there haven't been any more leaks.
I think people will be monitoring his weather and number videos closely.
garethw wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 am
A fun thought popped into my head recently: I wonder if he could start using pre-recorded weather reports. See how long it would take to notice that the report was not actually always accurate for the day. It would be an interesting experiment in perception. And gives him an alibi of being at his workshop while he's actually working on something else somewhere. "Unrecorded night" has a new fun connotation!

And here he is talking about recycling songs!

No hay banda. There is no weather man.

PS. In other news, I have probably been in lockdown too long.

I just had quick scan through his Youtube. He looks the same in all the videos. Almost identical shots of him giving weather reports, sitting in same position, wearing same clothes, same sunglasses. Same with number pulls, wearing same hat, same clothes, standing in same position. Surely it would be easy to film several days of these, even weeks of these, in advance without anyone noticing. Aren't his weather reports a little vague too and could apply to most days? Maybe he's already been doing this for quite awhile!

Take a quick scan of these thumbnails - they all look to have been shot within the same morning lol. https://www.youtube.com/c/DAVIDLYNCHTHEATER/videos
His beard looks to be growing though
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:34 pm
His beard looks to be growing though
CGI
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

@David Lich

Interesting avatar you have there. :) Mind telling me where it's from?
Last edited by Agent Earle on Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

The Lich is the last person in the universe you want on your tail. After Judy, maybe
David Lich

Post by David Lich »

Agent Earle wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:33 am @David Lich

The Lich, from Adventure Time, its Kind of the BOB - Judy of the series. theres a couple of Parallels between AT and TP,... Doppelgangers and Tulpas, Dreams and more..:

https://picosgemelos.tumblr.com/tagged/Adventure-Time
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

David Lich wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:39 am

The Lich, from Adventure Time, its Kind of the BOB - Judy of the series. theres a couple of Parallels between AT and TP,... Doppelgangers and Tulpas, Dreams and more..:

Didn’t Michael J. Anderson do a voice in an episode as well?
David Lich

Post by David Lich »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 am
David Lich wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:39 am

Didn’t Michael J. Anderson do a voice in an episode as well?
Yes!, he did, I didnt knew...

https://adventuretime.fandom.com/wiki/M ... ._Anderson

thedougpa
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedougpa »

You can hear David Lynch's stomach rumbling in today's weather report. Any sleuths want to look into that?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

I thought I heard something like that!
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

I've been thinking about how Kyle put up a video of him working out and said he was prepping for something big, then later said this about his new role:

“It requires a little bit of a physical change, and I’m embracing that, which is really fun.”

(This sounds to me like something other than or more than just working out - like shaving his head or some other physical alteration.)

Now, obviously as an actor it could be any role unrelated to Lynch (though there's currently nothing on his IMDB, even forthcoming), but it did make me think about Laura Dern's comment about Lynch asking her to shave her head.

"When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention.”

So if they're both preparing to make physical changes for a new Lynch project, and if it's not TP (or even if it is), but if it's not, and people on here recently mentioned aliens in the Antelope script, could it be something along these lines (either exactly or something similar)? If so, very sad it's not TP, but still exciting if it's a new Lynch project and they're playing aliens or some other type of character or creature that requires physical changes.
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Didn’t Kyle say on Colbert or somewhere that the “physical challenge” project is a project he’s producing, unrelated to Lynch? Or am I misremembering?
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

Not sure, but is the physical change comment related to that (and the working out) or something else? He might have said one was related to his own project, the other related to an upcoming (undisclosed) role. Either way, it just struck me as odd that both Kyle and Dern have mentioned a physical change for an upcoming role, and we know Dern was speaking directly about Lynch. I just wonder if this really is a new show - with elements or lots of the script of Antelope and his other unproduced scripts, which would also explain why Mark Frost isn't involved and why Kyle is saying unlikely/unsure about new Peaks. Wisteria/Unrecorded Night may be a new Lynch project, but I'm really starting to doubt it's connected to Peaks, after previously thinking and hoping that it was.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 84#p126484

I was thinking of this. It appeared from your transcription that the two thoughts were related although I didn’t listen to it.
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:41 am http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 84#p126484

I was thinking of this. It appeared from your transcription that the two thoughts were related although I didn’t listen to it.
Ah, you're right - it does sound like one of his own projects, reading through the full quote again. (I hadn't listened to it either, just reposted what @fatecolossal said.) I had just seen the single line reposted on @fatecolssal's twitter. Though reading through the full thing again -

"Q: “Once things start to open up, what’s next for you?”
A: “... We’re looking for the next thing that I’m going to engage with. There’s a couple of opportunities, some things that I’m actually developing myself. And I’ll be posting occasionally about the progress for that. (cont)"

"(cont) “It requires a little bit of a physical change, and I’m embracing that, which is really fun.”

- what he's developing himself could be Lynch giving him a blueprint for a new character or role that he's developing himself.

I'm probably reaching there, though. It was just all the talk about the Antelope script then those two comments from Kyle and Laura Dern got me thinking along those lines.

It would make sense if Dern is playing an Antelope alien for Lynch to want her to shave her head. I know Diane wore wigs, but that doesn't feel right to me for some reason.