Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

I will be interested and intrigued if it's a new series, but I'll be more excited if it's more Twin Peaks. I have a feeling it could be both.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Whatever my expectation or desire, whether more TP or not, the finished product will probably subvert it anyway.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 am
Agent Earle wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:26 am Sorry, I felt like derailing the thread :) It's tiresome waiting for some news on the Lynch front, with nothing truly happening day in, day out... Radio silence.
Agreed. I usually try to keep things active during downtime, but even I grow weary of it.
Jonah, I said it before, your enthusiasm and persistence are fascinating! :)
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Ickles wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:00 am Honestly the wait between Inland Empire and The Return was more frustrating because he wasn't doing much of anything besides some random shorts.
I'm still baffled by the 2007-2015 gap, considering those were the biggest digital revolution years, when cameras could start capturing 2K and digital really came into it's own, and put an end to more Chuck and Buck bullshit. He had already embraced digital and the death of celluloid in his Catching the Big Fish book, features can be done cheaper, and yet he was more prolific with big, bulky, expensive 35mm film cameras.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

the hurry up twins
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

LateReg wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:18 am All I can say about that is that is that subs are sometimes an obviously artistic choice on Lynch's part - especially in Inland Empire for the Polish parts (which are necessary) and the street scene near the end (a purely artistic choice).
Re: the home media subtitle situation, Lynch's reluctance to include subs on DVDs and Blu-rays is part and parcel of his "room to dream" aesthetic. I believe he strives to give the viewer just enough to understand, and no more. Sometimes the possibility of alternative hearings or seeings is vital. Subtitles nail something down. And, incidentally, subtitles in films in general and especially in Lynch's films are often wrong, which is probably another reason why he just says no to them when possible: as when FWWM's SDH track identifies the Monkey's voice as Jeffries's voice, or my favorite example (to quote from my own writing, an endnote in an article I published in the journal Discourse): The Region 1 DVD [of INLAND EMPIRE]’s optional French subtitles translate this line [from the psychoanalyst scene] incorrectly as “Bien sûr, je vais en ville,” an excellent example of the effectiveness of Lynch’s strategies of obscuring. The French translator apparently mistook the muffled Polish words “Czerwony, tak” for the English phrase “Sure, going to town.”
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

So if they're at Calvert Studios now, about how long will it take for them to build the sets and prepare everything for filming?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

madeleineferguson wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:32 pm So if they're at Calvert Studios now, about how long will it take for them to build the sets and prepare everything for filming?
23 minutes, going by Lynch's exasperation during The Return's making-of documentaries.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Another mysterious reddit "insider": https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... e/gxsb4ow/

In response to a post hyping up the Twin Peaks Archive "Van Nuys" sign tweet:
Not sure where Twin Peaks Archive is getting their info from, but Lynch has not started filming. Not saying things may not be stirring, but quite far from production starting.

Source: involved. Created throwaway for this
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm Another mysterious reddit "insider": https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... e/gxsb4ow/

Not sure where Twin Peaks Archive is getting their info from, but Lynch has not started filming. Not saying things may not be stirring, but quite far from production starting.

Don't think he suggested he has started filming. That redditor is responding to something that wasn't said.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Histeria wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:44 pm
Ickles wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm Another mysterious reddit "insider": https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... e/gxsb4ow/

Don't think he suggested he has started filming. That redditor is responding to something that wasn't said.
Sorry if my summation wasn't clear but the OP of the reddit thread did infer that's what the TPA tweet meant so the reply was in response to that more, not the tweet necessarily.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:48 pm
Histeria wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Sorry if my summation wasn't clear but the OP of the reddit thread did infer that's what the TPA tweet meant so the reply was in response to that, not the tweet necessarily.
Ah! Makes sense.

For some reason I think that throwaway account is legit despite almost all others being wind-up merchants. Feels oddly intuitive.

They also responded: "above my pay grade," when asked if the project is Twin Peaks-related. The medium is the message on that one.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

So I’m guessing, it’s almost confirmed that something I in the works. The reddit person doesn’t sound fake. Also I think it’s a big production, like season 3 level production. The person says they don’t want any heat on them but says he/she involved in pre production. This would only be possible if pre production involves a lot of people, otherwise if it involves 20-25 people , the person could be identified easily.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

The person deleted their account for some reason and deleted their replies on the post
"Jade give two rides."