Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by David Lich »

underthefan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:20 pm I've been told that Netflix Latin America actually has all 3 seasons but not FWWM
Thats not the case, at least in Argentina, the only thing on Netflix is THE RETURN.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

LateReg wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:38 pm
Soolsma wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:40 pm
LateReg wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 amSay what you want about The Walking Dead (and I think that it was good throughout its first five seasons (and that the Darabont-run first season is far from its best) and felt rejuvenated in its 10th)
If you wouldn't mind, perhaps in spoiler tags (?), what is it that makes season 10 better?
. But then the wildly stupid/ironic thing is that the six tacked-on Covid episodes strike me as unquestionably the weakest, most tired episodes of the entire run! But along the same lines the really interesting thing is that the climax of Season 10's actual finale (episode 16) required a ton of people/zombies to be crammed altogether as an integral and intricate component of the plot, which you most certainly could not do during Covid times. So it just makes a really interesting juxtaposition going from the actual, mass-populated, shot-on-film finale to the tacked-on, sparse, shot-on-digital Covid-era episodes. Gives you a lot to ponder in that regard.

I have a hard time keeping Walking Dead seasons straight. I don't consider it any great show.

The all-out war stuff with Negan was cool. It reminded me of recess in elementary school. The Samantha Morton whisperer stuff was alright, the covid episodes with Carol hunting down a rat by herself in a house sucked. I love Jeanne Dielaman, but watching Carol look for a rat, cant do it.

The Negan backstory episode was okay, but covid prevented us from seeing anything of him actually as a gym teacher interacting with a class of high school students, mostly just described etc. His wife's cancer diagnosis was just a CU of her face with a doctor's voice off screen, so many obvious covid shortcuts.

Jennifer Lynch directed a few eps pre Negan era.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

David Lich wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:16 pm
underthefan wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:20 pm I've been told that Netflix Latin America actually has all 3 seasons but not FWWM
Thats not the case, at least in Argentina, the only thing on Netflix is THE RETURN.
Ah, so maybe I misunderstood. For some reason, I thought it was all three seasons.
NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Greetings Underthefan!

Regarding Dern's words about what Lynch is working on, I take her to be responding as an actress to the opportunities the project will offer for her. As in, it could still be Twin Peaks but she could play both Diane and another character, or transform whilst trapped in a jail cell. :lol: So there would be no boundaries for her as an actress.

In terms of 'radical', what Lynch project has not been that in one way or another? You mention 'radical' as in an original project but without knowing what that project could be, its hard to know how it could be more radical than more Twin Peaks that was completely different to what we might expect.

Lastly, with regards to Kyle MacLachlan and a number of the Twin Peaks cast up to Sherilyn Fenn posting the #wisteria photo craze, there is no doubt that has to link in with this new project. All of these cast members must meet-up in a Zoom call and discuss posting these Wisteria things - that doesn't mean that they know precisely how it relates to a new project though of course. We saw a photo of one Zoom meeting, during this pandemic I fully expect the Twin Peaks alumni have checked in with each other similarly.
Hey, Norm! You could very well be right about what Dern was referring to. And I agree about the idea of what "radical" could mean. Certainly Inland Empire could be considered radical for a film and so could The Return when it comes to cable TV. I'm still skeptical as far as what TP cast members may know and how much we should read into their posts. As far as I remember, no cast members other than Kyle knew for sure about The Return until the Lynch/Frost joint tweets. So I would believe that Kyle and Laura may know something, but very much doubt about Andrea, Sherilyn or Michael. I think they're just as curious as we are and having a bit of fun with the rumors. I guess we'll have to wait to find out but guessing is definitely fun!
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

Mordeen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 pm imilii, lis

Being in the key of C.

- Mordeen
Mordeen wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:44 am
Soolsma wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:55 pm VJG EQY LWORGF QXGT VJG OQQP

Image > Image
I see you found the key of C.

- Mordeen

Same key of C? Or related?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Mordeen wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:49 pm Dark Wood Moods persist in the absence of the owls.

imilii, lis

batsg, wkwow
Someone needs to crack this before I have an aneurysm.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

sneakydave wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:21 am
Mordeen wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:49 pm Dark Wood Moods persist in the absence of the owls.

imilii, lis

batsg, wkwow
Someone needs to crack this before I have an aneurysm.
Right? Please! Hahah
TwinBeaks

Post by TwinBeaks »

So, what’s the consensus? A film or a new season?
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

TwinBeaks wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 pm So, what’s the consensus? A film or a new season?
Yes.
TwinBeaks

Post by TwinBeaks »

Well, I was asking for that, I guess.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

TwinBeaks wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:30 pm So, what’s the consensus? A film or a new season?
The Return was in a way both film and series. Lynch himself called it a film, although he clearly edited the Parts to air as standalone “episodes” with themes, arcs, etc. I imagine that if this is one long story (as opposed to an anthology series, which I half-expect), he’ll continue to break down the distinction between film and episodic television. Although it is interesting that the copyright filing was for thirteen individual scripts, whereas TR was one long one.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

I'm thinking either an anthology series of movies OR a two-part season A and B like the next Ozark.

But The Return was both, hence my first comment. I'd argue the return could even be deemed a selection of anthology-like mini movies that were edited into an overall 'season '
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I really, really hope it is not an anthology series. I can't think of any of those that are consistently good (and that criticism includes "Hotel Room").
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

eyeboogers wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:42 pm I really, really hope it is not an anthology series. I can't think of any of those that are consistently good (and that criticism includes "Hotel Room").
I depends on how you define "anthology series", I guess but Steve McQueen's Small Axe series on Amazon is fantastic. It's basically just a collection of 5 different films.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

eyeboogers wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:42 pm I really, really hope it is not an anthology series. I can't think of any of those that are consistently good (and that criticism includes "Hotel Room").
The Twilight Zone?
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah if they market and distribute them as individual titles then that's lovely. Otherwise anthologies usually end up being inconsequential overall or just bloated/uneconomical within each installment.

Dekalog is an exception.