Season 2 Special Features - missing ?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Shelly_Johnson

Season 2 Special Features - missing ?

Post by Shelly_Johnson »

It was my understanding that season 2 was supposed to have commentary with some of the cast and crew. I was very disapointed when i opened up my pre ordered season 2, and found only the log lady intros, i confess i havent watched all of the dvd's yet, someone please tell me there is something i am missing with some of the cast and crew interviews?! I had thought that i had read where they had gone back to talk to some of the cast and that was part of the hold up of the release date?

all in all i have to say i am glad to finally have season 2 on dvd, but found the quality not as good as season 1. i am disapointed.

any thoughts from anyone one on this?
"I am hard to remember but impossiable to forget"
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Shelly,

While there are no audio commenteries on the episodes, like there were on Season 1, there are several video interviews with the cast and crew.

Discs 1-5 each have one interview a piece on them, in the "special features' menu. These interviews are all with various directors from the second season, except for Disc 1 which has an interview with Jennifer Lynch about "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer."

Disc 6 has the bulk of the interviews. It has an interview with series director Tim Hunter, but then if you go to the "Interactive Grid" - you will find several three-part interviews with many of the cast members including Kyle, Sherilyn Fenn and even David Duchovny.

Hopefully, if there is in fact a "complete series" box set, there will be even more in-depth interviews.

Though I would have liked them to be longer, the quality of the interviews and production values on this set are much higher than the ones on the Season 1 set. (And much much better than the shockingly bad documentary on FWWM, which looks like it was edited by someone on crack).
Shelly_Johnson

Post by Shelly_Johnson »

I have finished season 2 and have found the interwiews with cast / crew ( however i think most were cast on the grid thing )

I really was enjoying the story line of season 2, and would love to know where they had intended on going in season 3. Obviously Dale Cooper would have been found out as being bob's newest vehicle with in a very short time ( if not right away after that bathroom seen )

quality wise, i think that season 1 was a little clearer of an image then season two, but that could have been because season 1 was not as dark as season two ( lighting wise i mean )

another thing that kinda puzzled me is ( and yeah i know i am jumping from topic to topic here, so try and stay with me. haha ) where did Ronette Polisky come from? last time i saw her, she was in bed and could hardly stay lucid, then suddenly cooper gets the scorched oil and "poof" Ronette is there to take a smell.....

anyway, just some rambleings, its good to talk to fellow TP followers about things like this!! Take care everyone!!
"I am hard to remember but impossiable to forget"