NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Mordeen wrote:It's late and I'm sleepless and failing to find a definitive answer to the following question:

When will Parts 3 & 4 show up on DirecTV for Showtime On Demand? Will it be literally at the end of Part 2? Will it be available for pre-recording? My entire evening's plans rest on this and I can't seem to square it away in advance.

-Mordeen
In Australia it is available straight after the first two hours, and Stan are following how Showtime is releasing TP, if that helps. Albeit, our release is a couple of hours later in Australia...
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I can't believe the BBC politics team have leaked the first episode!
heLL paso

Post by heLL paso »

secretlettermkr wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
i dont understand what you mean.. :P
Heh, but I'm that guy who thinks the only good "Twin Peaks" song is Black Lodge by Anthrax and thinks the house band at the Roadhouse should either be Megadeth or Slayer.

-Mordeen

EDIT: I meant Twin Peaks cover or inspired song, not original. The original stuff plays almost daily in my house.

what about this one?:

Anything with Mike Patton is genius to me!
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

heLL paso wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
Mordeen wrote: Heh, but I'm that guy who thinks the only good "Twin Peaks" song is Black Lodge by Anthrax and thinks the house band at the Roadhouse should either be Megadeth or Slayer.

-Mordeen

EDIT: I meant Twin Peaks cover or inspired song, not original. The original stuff plays almost daily in my house.

what about this one?:

Anything with Mike Patton is genius to me!
Yes Patton is an amazing talent. I believe he has unsuccessfully reached out to Lynch in the past... Don't understand Moby
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The Showtime schedule I looked at on sho.com shows Parts 1 and 2 repeating directly after they're first finished playing. There's no listing for 3 and 4 there.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

I've heard from a good source that Moby is playing a stormtrooper in a scene.

Was really hoping for a new trailer. No bother only a couple days to go!
heLL paso

Post by heLL paso »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Ross wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
We have actually discussed that issue a few weeks back.

Mr. Reindeer was of the opinion that SAG rules will require a credit sequence for each hour. I am assuming he is right, but I do not know much about the issue myself.

However, I would not be surprised for them handle credits differently than the original series, in one way or another.
They could definitely go the route of no opening credits song/sequence, as most network shows have gone that route. And just put the credits over the opening scenes. Of perhaps put all the credits at the end of each episode? I wonder if that still meets SAG rules?
Certain credits have to be at or near the start of the episode (starring actors, guest stars -- as distinct from featured/costarring actors -- writer, director, certain producers). Breaking Bad got a special dispensation from every union to delay these credits to the start of the second act for the "Ozymandias" episode so as not to interrupt the suspenseful opening sequence.
There is no way this is true. Ray Donovan, which has been on for 4 years, doesn't give any credit until the end of every episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

indyit wrote:I've heard from a good source that Moby is playing a stormtrooper in a scene.
Haha, the best thing I've heard all week! :D Jokes aside, I'd love to see/hear Moby as a part of The Return. He has been one of the most important musicians in my life. It's funny that I listened to Trent Reznor (NIN) and Moby during the same period of my life and now they are both connected to Twin Peaks in some way or another.

I wonder if we get 500 pages of this topic before Sunday's premiere – challenge accepted anyone? :wink:
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
thisisme

Post by thisisme »

On the subject of music, I'm very very confident that the Johnny Jewel 'Windswept' album is going to be more or less the soundtrack.

Angelo will contribute the classic 'themes' - but this album is THE updated sound of Twin Peaks for 2017.

I would imagine that an official soundtrack album will be released in the coming months, with a huge chunk of it featuring tracks from this record, then a handful from Angelo and a handful from the Lynch-favourites who are already confirmed as being 'part of' the new season.

Every song on that 'Windswept' album works in a modern Twin Peaks season. It playfully uses elements of Angelo's original work but brings it bang up to date. I think it's fantastic and I hope it's used as much as I believe it will/should be.

Link for those who may not have heard it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4AwTC62PJU
Last edited by thisisme on Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

thisisme wrote:On the subject of music, I'm very very confident that the Johnny Jewel 'Windswept' album is going to be more or less the soundtrack.
I certainly hope not. What makes you so very very confident?
I'll see you in the trees
thisisme

Post by thisisme »

Rainwater wrote:
thisisme wrote:On the subject of music, I'm very very confident that the Johnny Jewel 'Windswept' album is going to be more or less the soundtrack.
Timing, social media hints, song titles, the sound.

The music NEEDS to be modernised for a modern Twin Peaks. It's not 1991.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

thisisme wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

If you trust Lynch and Frost to have moved with the times, why not Angelo? some of his recent soundtrack work is really great.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

thisisme wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

LOL, I love Windswept but Angelo will be fine. They're emulating him on that album as is.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

thisisme wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

I really don't know what you're trying to convey. Why DOES it need to be modernised so badly, and why, then, is Angelo Badalamenti incapable of it?
Does 'modernisation' amount to simplification, or keeping in touch with current trends in pop-music(which are both just about the same thing, come to think of it)?
The couple of tracks I listened to are not.. bad, but terribly bland compared to Angelo's work, and lacking all the soul. It really feels like a derivation, as others have pointed out. Perhaps Lynch knows how to utilise these tracks well, if they are indeed part of the soundtrack, but I hope the bulk of it is written by AB.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Spoiler:
We now have this lovely little feature. Don't shy away from using it once the series has started.