NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mallard
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mallard »

Mordeen wrote:Well, tomorrow is the premier (holy crap, typing that made my hands sweat), so maybe they're planning on dropping something to coincide with the red carpet coverage.

-Mordeen
Just a note: the first in this line of trailers (the shots of the town) was released on a Friday.
Welcome...to the third...place.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Mordeen wrote:

No I didn't and that avatar is pure genius. Well done.

-Mordeen
Well, I've been loving all the wool sweater pictures, so, you inspired me to have some fun with it.
Last edited by Rudagger on Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Rudagger wrote: As to Maclachlan's quote about maybe doing more, I'm always taking comments like that with grains of salt, because in Hollywood .. well, there's always a great script floating around (until you see comments six months later "Well, it's not written yet"), there's always a sequel coming (until there's not), etc. etc. It's just part of the diplomacy of navigating deals (you always want to sound optimistic in an attempt to build more of an audience, especially those who might spread the word more to boost ratings in hopes of more episodes...).
Yeah, I was just thinking... if people on here say the possibility of doing more has been discussed, I'm sure it's been discussed. But until they know how much of a hit this is, or if, heavens forbid, it flops... there's not much that can change, is there. Is it possible then that the shift in Lynch, Kmac & co's attitude when talking about the likelihood of more seasons could simply be a commercial move? Emphasize that supporting The Return could mean getting more Twin Peaks in the future...

(agreed with everything else too)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Ross wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I have no problem with Moby. "Go" is awesome, but he's not all that and "Play" (which is also awesome).
I love his track in the film "Heat". But with all these other artists, I'm just hoping for Badalamenti.
I like "when it's cold I'd like to die" and "extreme ways"
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

So it doesn't look like Lynch is doing any talk show appearances, at least this week, right?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

2. FVCKING. DAYS.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

If anyone's interested, a real great article about FWWM:
https://theringer.com/amp/p/c93fd13ae067
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

So, no new trailer yesterday. Huh. Just when you think you've got Showtime's marketing strategy somewhat pinned down, they go and defy it (again). No big deal, since the premiere is now just hours away. Still, I have yet to see something that makes good on Frost's "You might miss something" tease... I don't count all the photo sessions, newspaper interviews and appearances on talk shows as such - only new footage from the series would do.

Regarding the possibility of another season(s) - funny, the talk of this being Lynch's "swan song" like it's been speculated among fans is nowhere to be heard from those in the know :) -, I'm all for it, unconditionally. This has been my dream from the announcement on. Let them keep on rollin' while Lynch & Frost are (creatively) reinvigorated!
Last edited by Agent Earle on Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Assuming Lynch would be hands-on, the sole question for fans with regards to whether there should be any more Twin Peaks following these 18 hours is whether or not Lynch hears the call of the muses. Frost is more pragmatic, but Lynch always needs to hear that call in order to take action.

If the return is very popular, but Lynch initially feels wishy-washy about more, then perhaps he shouldn't force it. (Even though I'd say that most artists should in fact work through the absence of inspiration, or they'll never get anything done.) On the other hand, if Peaks-related inspiration strikes, then Lynch should go for it, 100%. Likewise, if he's inspired to do something like a non-Peaks film, he should go for that. If he's inspired to build a table or make a painting, then he should do that.

The point is that Lynch should follow where inspiration leads.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Jasper wrote:
The point is that Lynch should follow where inspiration leads.
I believe that's what he's actually been saying all those years.
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

Twink Peaks wrote:
Twink Peaks wrote:
Twink Peaks wrote:

its him!!! :lol: (and shes looking nothing like Kathleen Deming :roll: different eyes and nose)

Didn't we have a Denise Bryson-picture (in court?). She didn't look rugged there, right? Unless this is from some sort of nightmare/nightmar-ish parallel world?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

No trailer. Meh.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's late and I'm sleepless and failing to find a definitive answer to the following question:

When will Parts 3 & 4 show up on DirecTV for Showtime On Demand? Will it be literally at the end of Part 2? Will it be available for pre-recording? My entire evening's plans rest on this and I can't seem to square it away in advance.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

lol, them bloody brits at it again! :D
nice.