Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Venus wrote:
Just to go back to topic, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that has any stock left? I got mine from Unique Magazines who only had two covers in and managed to send me two of the same one!! Newsstand has sold out and ideally I'd rather pay the cover price than an overinflated ebay price. Has anyone found any at WH Smiths?
I've never even seen EW in the UK. I looked for it in WHSmiths fruitlessly, but I doubt you'd find it easily in stores.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

I finally found it in Dublin yesterday thank god. Only 2 of the covers though
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

saygoodbyetojack wrote:I finally found it in Dublin yesterday thank god. Only 2 of the covers though
Pretty sure the Hurley cover is a Barnes & Noble exclusive. You may have to order B&N online. Good luck!
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Still can't find this damn magazine. My corner store had the Thor: Ragnarok one, so, I've been checking once a day .. they got a shipment in on Thursday, and no dice.

Do issues come out on a weird schedule in Canada (hell, I'm downtown Toronto).
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Aerozhul wrote:
saygoodbyetojack wrote:I finally found it in Dublin yesterday thank god. Only 2 of the covers though
Pretty sure the Hurley cover is a Barnes & Noble exclusive. You may have to order B&N online. Good luck!
Seriously? B&N having exclusivity is not too helpful to people outside of the US :(
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

I was not talking about it here in the forum, and I had not put my opinion of these covers of EW magazine. To me they seem very good, and the content has to be very good too. I hope in Spain the magazines in their May issues talk about the return of the series.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Btw, for the curious, DKL wears the hideous yellow watch throughout The Art Life. Either his latest OCD fad or maybe a gift from Lula?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Btw, for the curious, DKL wears the hideous yellow watch throughout The Art Life. Either his latest OCD fad or maybe a gift from Lula?
I think it's pretty obvious Lynch is not in character as Gordon on the cover, while the other actors are in character. So think of it as Lynch with all the characters of Twin Peaks. Notice Lynch's portrait is also on the Contents page and not in the character gallery accompanying the article and part of the "exclusive first look" includes an episodic still of Lynch in character as Gordon with Albert.

I said this in another post but the issue is a first look at all the characters we see in the entire issue - some are on the cover/in the shoot and some are in episodic stills. Every cast member on the cover is wearing wardrobe from the new series and their hair and makeup was done by crew members on the new show, as well (all per the photo shoot credits on one of the page spines). Notice how few characters are on both the cover and episodic stills - only Shelly and Norma (and James if you count the behind the scenes still). Not sure how/why the cast on the cover was chosen but if Showtime/Lynch only gave EW the six episodic stills to run with and no context to the photos (which seems obvious), I would want as many other cast members as I could grab in character for the cover shoot. Just my speculation though. Certainly would explain how Big Ed and Nadine (no offense to them) landed on the cover over Andy and Lucy.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Welp, guess I'm never reading this damn magazine. They never shipped it to the stores around me. Now they have the issue with Bones on the cover.
KHAN Games

Post by KHAN Games »

Rudagger wrote:Welp, guess I'm never reading this damn magazine. They never shipped it to the stores around me. Now they have the issue with Bones on the cover.
Don't feel bad. I had to buy two of my covers on eBay, and one directly from EW. My local stores never got them. :(