Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, the a2k email on Production Weekly form is what I meant, not the copyrights.

the copyrights I think are totally unimpeachably legit.

the non-announcement announcement was brutal
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

This may grasping at straws but another strong indicator something is actually afoot, to me, is the incorporation of Lynch's A2K back in Feb of last year, around when the early rumblings of pre-production leaks on reddit started coming out.

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Docum ... 0-27676545

I can't imagine Lynch would go through the trouble of bringing in a lawyer and filing official incorporation papers with the state if that production company wasn't about to do something. Looking through Lynch's various production companies over the years it seems like he gets things filed in conjunction with productions (Rancho Rosa was filed in 2015 right around the time The Return was greenlit - https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Docum ... 5-19389727) so the timing of A2K a year ago, when pre-production ostensibly started up before the COVID halt, seems interesting to me.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Interesting. It would also fit with what I was saying about cast members hinting heavily about a year ago on social media before the pandemic seemingly halted things.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I agree Ickles. Excellent overall point. Incorporating a new production company does imply new production.
and it is like two weeks before @canhaveit's posts on reddit.

the comparison with Rancho Rose very valid.

(looks like he's only out 25 bucks on the filing fee tho. )
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:46 pm Incorporating a new production company does imply new production.
and it is like two weeks before @canhaveit's posts on reddit.
Hmm.....
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Of course, even if they had every intention of starting production last year on something who knows the state it's in post-COVID. I know David was vaccinated and everything but a lot can happen in a year (i.e. they could lose actors or crew they had previously booked, lose locations they had secured, etc.) that they might be working to figure out how to deal with or wait out (i.e. Deming's availability).
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Come to think of it, I wonder if that's what Cori Glazer's IG "stop dreaming" comment was a reference to: her not being able to do it anymore. I interpreted the beating heart emoji to be kind of like a sinking heart so if she was originally listed as the script supervisor pre-COVID but got booked on something else she might've had to bow out. Just a theory, anyway, cause like others have said the bluntness of "stop dreaming" to somebody else seems oddly out of character but if she was saying it more to herself then it might track a little more. Anyways, don't mind me...clearly bored and anxious for updates. Saturday nights in the pandemic era!
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I can see that to an extent. If Glazer was waiting for Unrecorded Wisteria to happen, and couldn't wait anymore, and she had to take another job...

'stop dreaming' could also just be pushback to strangers descending on her personal page but trying to stay polite with the heart.

i saw some fans posting theory about maersk shipping containers and Judy and whatnot. might annoy her having her phone keep going off with stuff like that.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:32 pm the website on the Production Weekly submission form is NOT required. there is no asterisk next to website if you look at the form.

It's quite common in the movie industry not to have sites, people like Lynch are a legend and don't really need a portfolio reel/site.
scorsese's Sikelia productons likewise I dont think has one.

the required part is the email - and info@a2kproductions.com was ​listed, and goes to some guys in NYC. I cant believe that Sabrina Sutherland would choke filling out a form and list the email to someone else.
Granted. Thanks for clarifying that particular point, I did suspect my memory was faulty.

However, my main point was that the submission and email address was from those involved in production.

By the way, that email has been invalid for a long, long time. Any attempts at delivery fail and this was the case even back when the listing first appeared.

Also, that domain has been renewed on a rolling yearly basis since 2006 but in 2018 was renewed for the next ten years. Coincidentally (perhaps), the last time the website was actually updated was before the ten year renewal of the domain.

There's no evidence it was renewed by the original webmaster. Plus, the social media links on their website lead to accounts that have been deleted a long time ago.

Must have been pleasantly serendipitous to have an error on the listing that leads to an inactive email and therefore cannot compromise the secrecy of production. If it really was an error on PW's or PL's part (which I don't think is likely anyway), the production team would go apoplectic. Just imagine they missed an important message or, even worse, details about the production were sent to a random production company in New York.

Sehr interessant.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I expect that, if we get another season, the show will become increasingly more distant from the original series in terms of tone and style (and possibly also increasingly fragmented), but wouldn't it be interesting if it did a 360 (or even 180) and returned to the feeling of the original series, with The Return being viewed as a departure that mirrored Dale's own departure from himself? I don't expect this to happen - I think if we get more episodes they would continue in a similar vein to The Return, or become even more like Inland Empire (especially if Frost is no longer onboard) - but I think I saw a comment on here before where someone else said it might go back to the feel of the original series, and I'm fascinated by that possibility, even if I think it's unlikely.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:28 am I expect that, if we get another season, the show will become increasingly more distant from the original series in terms of tone and style (and possibly also increasingly fragmented), but wouldn't it be interesting if it did a 360 (or even 180) and returned to the feeling of the original series, with The Return being viewed as a departure that mirrored Dale's own departure from himself? I don't expect this to happen - I think if we get more episodes they would continue in a similar vein to The Return, or become even more like Inland Empire (especially if Frost is no longer onboard) - but I think I saw a comment on here before where someone else said it might go back to the feel of the original series, and I'm fascinated by that possibility, even if I think it's unlikely.
That's so unlikely imo. Lynch just keeps moving forward and his style changes with it - I see no reason to expect anything but further evolution on from The Return.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I think there is no way Lynch would return to the style of the original series, because he is not simply a director who views Twin Peaks as a franchise and is making a new installment, but an artist whose work, as was already pointed out, keeps developing.

Imagine, however, if the show did return to its original style, with Cooper once again moving into the Great Northern, and once again meeting the characters he already knew, but who don't know him now. I would love to see his moral dilemma when trying to bring everything back to "normal", which would also mean reversing some potential good things from the new timeline, like Annie and Audrey being unhurt, and maybe even Harry S. Truman being healthy and still the active sheriff.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Stavrogyn wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 am I think there is no way Lynch would return to the style of the original series, because he is not simply a director who views Twin Peaks as a franchise and is making a new installment, but an artist whose work, as was already pointed out, keeps developing.

Imagine, however, if the show did return to its original style, with Cooper once again moving into the Great Northern, and once again meeting the characters he already knew, but who don't know him now. I would love to see his moral dilemma when trying to bring everything back to "normal", which would also mean reversing some potential good things from the new timeline, like Annie and Audrey being unhurt, and maybe even Harry S. Truman being healthy and still the active sheriff.
I think this scenario - however fascinating it is, and I for one would just love to see it - is simply too big an undertaking for Lynch at this point, what with needing to get the old gang back together, find appropriate replacements for those who can't attend, singlehandedly (ie. without Frost, Engels, Peyton and other crucial collaborators) conjuring that magic TP spirit of old etc. I'm not even sure he remembers the "old" TP as the rest of us do, or if he remembers it at all. No, this - whatever it is, if it is - will be just as experimental and avant-garde and off-the-fly as The Return was. More, in all probability.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:55 pm VJG EQY LWORGF QXGT VJG OQQP

Image > Image
I see you found the key of C.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Agent Earle wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 amNo, this - whatever it is, if it is - will be just as experimental and avant-garde and off-the-fly as The Return was. More, in all probability.
I can't say I would mind this :)

And, yes, I 100 % expect him going fully experimental, especially if this is Twin Peaks, because there already is an established world with which he can play... Or is there?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)