Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

If it's a date then the below is the closest I can get. But then why is a number in the key of C? And then surely the spacing/punctuation would be consistent if they're provided which already pokes holes in my attempt below.

I do feel it's a sentence with words. But if it is then there are very few words that follow the structure of "imilii", ruling out a simple substitution cipher because they'd also have to share letters with the second word.

i m i l

i i

lis
12[?]
Or
May
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 pm
eyeboogers wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:12 pm In terms of "Inland Empire" being a well kept secret, as I rightly recall, it was announced and pre-sold to a bunch of us as web series with the title "Axxon N". For whatever reason it didn't materialise as advertised, and was later reconfigured into feature film form. Basically it is not as if that came from out of nowhere.
Were people who signed up for the series refunded or how did that work?
From what I remember, the big enticement to sign up to Lynch's website (at $9.99 a month?) was the exclusive access to Dumbland, Rabbits & Axxon N as they appeared - I'm pretty sure no discount was ever given for the Axxon N no-show! I'd thought about signing up but, given the fee and having not been mad keen on the episode of Dumbland available beyond the site, I'd planned to wait until all 3 were up before joining. I seem to recall something about him using a non-unionised crew, as paying union scale would make the show too expensive for a web series, which interfered with some of his plans for the site.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Looks like David has been directing, albeit a music video.
https://pitchfork.com/news/david-lynch- ... watch/amp/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

thedougpa wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:27 am Looks like David has been directing, albeit a music video.
https://pitchfork.com/news/david-lynch- ... watch/amp/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
According to the original source, "In other news, David Lynch's new series for Netflix, Unrecorded Night, is in production now"- though I'm not sure how accurate the site is or if the person is just basing that off things we've already seen in the news, the PW listings, etc. (likely that's all it is but noting it anyway).

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/david-lyn ... -the-song/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

It says that it’s supposed to start shooting on May 3rd on the IMDb page so it’s possible they just saw that but maybe they have some info. Productionlist.com is listing the show as “In Development/Pre Production” and the shoot date is still listed as May 3rd and hasn’t been updated in some time.
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i love the music video.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm i love the music video.
Scariest thing I've seen in years. And that extended shot of an infinitely grey ocean is stunning.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Would he have directed the video recently or pre-pandemic? If recently, do you think he did it remotely? Is this the sort of thing he'd do mostly by himself or with a team of people? Could that be what the Zoom meeting Sabrina Sutherland posted was about?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Jonah wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:48 pm Would he have directed the video recently or pre-pandemic? If recently, do you think he did it remotely? Is this the sort of thing he'd do mostly by himself or with a team of people? Could that be what the Zoom meeting Sabrina Sutherland posted was about?
yeah, possible this is what the zoom meeting was for. Dean Hurley was there. there woulda been a skeleton crew for lighting and camera prob, then VFX and editing, makes sense.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Jonah wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:48 pm Would he have directed the video recently or pre-pandemic? If recently, do you think he did it remotely? Is this the sort of thing he'd do mostly by himself or with a team of people? Could that be what the Zoom meeting Sabrina Sutherland posted was about?
yeah, possible this is what the zoom meeting was for. Dean Hurley was there. there woulda been a skeleton crew for lighting and camera prob, then VFX and editing, makes sense.
If that's the case, I'm not sure if this (possible) revelation dampens or improves the odds for Wisteria rumours. Someone has said the Zoom meeting indicated Wisteria might be a small, What Did Jack Do?-type affair, of mostly indie-type short episodes, not a big-budget Netflix thing. But on the other hand, it did get hopes up that a project was being prepped. If it was just for the music video that might dash some hopes. Though of course none of that means the other project isn't still forthcoming - and if it involves a bigger team than those in the Zoom meeting, it still means it could have the large budget originally rumoured.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Henrys Hair wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:02 am
Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 pm
eyeboogers wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:12 pm In terms of "Inland Empire" being a well kept secret, as I rightly recall, it was announced and pre-sold to a bunch of us as web series with the title "Axxon N". For whatever reason it didn't materialise as advertised, and was later reconfigured into feature film form. Basically it is not as if that came from out of nowhere.
Were people who signed up for the series refunded or how did that work?
From what I remember, the big enticement to sign up to Lynch's website (at $9.99 a month?) was the exclusive access to Dumbland, Rabbits & Axxon N as they appeared - I'm pretty sure no discount was ever given for the Axxon N no-show! I'd thought about signing up but, given the fee and having not been mad keen on the episode of Dumbland available beyond the site, I'd planned to wait until all 3 were up before joining. I seem to recall something about him using a non-unionised crew, as paying union scale would make the show too expensive for a web series, which interfered with some of his plans for the site.
Thanks for giving the background on this.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I subscribed to DavidLynch.com for awhile in 2001-2002, and wound up cancelling when ran out of content to watch, and I think I was
unemployed at one point, and it was burdensome.

it was an awesome site, really fun and interactive, and I liked how you had to figure out some puzzle to watch Darkened Room, etc.

fun times.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:04 pm I subscribed to DavidLynch.com for awhile in 2001-2002, and wound up cancelling when ran out of content to watch, and I think I was
unemployed at one point, and it was burdensome.

it was an awesome site, really fun and interactive, and I liked how you had to figure out some puzzle to watch Darkened Room, etc.

fun times.
I’d still love to see that Eraserhead deleted scene with the guy torturing Catherine Coulson and Doreen Small. I can’t believe Lynch has never released that outside the website.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

The 2002 Cannes Film Festival video diary when he was jury president I enjoyed a lot. I remember he complained about people in the hotel playing music and being too loud and he couldn't sleep.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:13 pm The 2002 Cannes Film Festival video diary when he was jury president I enjoyed a lot. I remember he complained about people in the hotel playing music and being too loud and he couldn't sleep.
Maybe he was on Cooper's floor with those rambunctious Icelanders!