Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by eyeboogers »

Cde. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am He had insider knowledge of the TPS3 production, but that's not to say he necessarily does about this one.
If he says he does, and he has proven to be trustworthy in the past, there is absolutely no reason to doubt that.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 9.49.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 9.49.44 AM.png (381.95 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

enumbs wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:21 am These codes are annoying. Is there any actual insider information or is this all just a bit of fun?
I mean...who am I to say? I'm no Mordeen, at any rate. So I'll just say that, personally, I'm not exactly enthralled by it and I'd hate to think that the trust it seemingly engenders in the majority of the board is all for naught, because that would be a shame. But it is oddly noteworthy - and I'm equally torn on what to believe about this - that Mordeen has resurfaced at this time after what essentially amounts to four years of inactivity on this board. Like those #wisteria posts, does Mordeen actually have insider knowledge, or is he just stirring the pot because something is clearly on the horizon? Mysteries and secrets...
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

The codes are really fun, and it is totally on brand with what TP itself asks us to do as viewers. Basically, if what you're here for is just breaking news of an announcement, you would hear of that without ever visiting this thread. This thread is, for now, crumbs of information, honing our detective skills and wildly unfounded speculation. Personally I am really enjoying it.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Someone PM'ed me (thanks again). I feel silly now - I didn't realise they weren't further clues but staring directly at me lol. That's all I'll say in case others are still trying to work them out. I still don't feel much more enlightened. Well, I do as to what they mean, but not as to any significant answer, major clue, or knowledge. The solution was fun but a bit anti-climatic.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I feel there should be a clear distinction between codes that are (supposed to be) tied to the supposed new project and codes that are posted just for the hell of it. But that's basically what enumbs already said.
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

To be fair, the last two codes appeared to be direct responses to other posts:
krishnanspace wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:55 pm Morden, I’m assuming that you know something more than us?
Mordeen wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 pm imilii, lis

Being in the key of C.

- Mordeen
Mordeen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 pm @Agent Earle
"Well, we'll just have to wait and see what'll come out if it in the end"

batsg wkwow

- Mordeen
I interpret that as Mordeen saying yes, he knows something.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Mordeen wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:41 pm @Agent Earle

"I love me some Wheeler Wool! :D"

You'd have to be insane not to. I mean it like it is, like it sounds.

- Mordeen
Guess I shouldn't get into the detective business anytime soon.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Agent Earle wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 pm I dunno, Fenn strikes me as somewhat unstable. I'm not comfortable with such people. And I especially don't like all the religious talk. I stopped taking her seriously when she started with the latter. I don't remember her being like that in the past (like pre-S3 announcement past), but then again, social media wasn't always around, so she may have always been like that. Or is such behaviour a product of late-stage career and a certain sense of entitlement? I feel she's blown her importance to the TP universe out of proportion.
You're not comfortable with Sherilyn Fenn? I didn't know you two were having weekend picnics up at Windom's log cabin!

Agree with you on the religious posting, but then hordes of people are similar on twitter. Seems to be an American thing too.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
Yes, going by the Laura Dern article in Elle, something is most definitely planned. The only issue is the pandemic, I would bet. Maybe a variety of plans are being altered with that in mind?
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
Peter Deming still in NYC, so nothing happening now I don't think. or at least with him involved.

The Elle magazine interview with Dern is encouraging.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

matto wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:56 pm Possibly some of the code may have been mistyped?

"batsg, wkwow"

"But like the song goes, "who knows where, or when?"
That's my play with malfeasance. Good spot.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

merryweather wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 pm “I mean it like it is, like it sounds”
Yes.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:59 pm
Agent Earle wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 pm I dunno, Fenn strikes me as somewhat unstable. I'm not comfortable with such people. And I especially don't like all the religious talk. I stopped taking her seriously when she started with the latter. I don't remember her being like that in the past (like pre-S3 announcement past), but then again, social media wasn't always around, so she may have always been like that. Or is such behaviour a product of late-stage career and a certain sense of entitlement? I feel she's blown her importance to the TP universe out of proportion.
You're not comfortable with Sherilyn Fenn? I didn't know you two were having weekend picnics up at Windom's log cabin!
Great idea for an Agent Earle avatar! Here you go Agent Earle, I hope you like this photo of your actual irl negative nancy posting location.
earle_cabin_small_HQ.jpg
earle_cabin_small_HQ.jpg (41.8 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
EDIT: I'm a little unsure of how the file size business works. This seems to get a lot bigger when I upload it.