Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

So do you think it's something, Mr. Reindeer?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think maybe, but I always want to temper people’s expectations and avoid getting hopes piqued! But it’s certainly promising, no?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
QMvGzpB4.jpg medium.jpeg
QMvGzpB4.jpg medium.jpeg (77.66 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I assumed the picture itself was taken during S3's production.

Does everyone think it's more recent?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It also looks like Sabrina started this account pretty recently (perhaps to manage the buzz as things gear up?). It looks like the first photo was posted on 5/17, the four year anniversary or TR. (Please correct me if I’ve got that wrong; I’m not an Instagram person.)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:24 am I assumed the picture itself was taken during S3's production.

Does everyone think it's more recent?
I agree with you.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 am It also looks like Sabrina started this account pretty recently (perhaps to manage the buzz as things gear up?). It looks like the first photo was posted on 5/17, the four year anniversary or TR. (Please correct me if I’ve got that wrong; I’m not an Instagram person.)
I wouldn't read anything into that. There's 365 days in a year and there's a 0.27% chance the date was a coincidence.

But Seriously: ouuuuuuf that's a fantastic catch.

As you said and I posted a few weeks ago with similar thoughts: they know full well how these teases are being interpreted and Sabrina actively monitors reddit/twitter/insta community chatter. The fact this has been going on for so long has to be because there's something to it. Otherwise why knowingly stoke expectations you know to be misguided?
Last edited by Histeria on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Looking closer, it does look like maybe it was taken during S3. In which case, eh. Maybe we just assumed it was recent as he had just shaved. Darn it - foiled again.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Of course it's from back then. Lynch is shockingly thinner nowadays.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I don't think the date of the image matters. The implication is the same, either way.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:32 am
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 am It also looks like Sabrina started this account pretty recently (perhaps to manage the buzz as things gear up?). It looks like the first photo was posted on 5/17, the four year anniversary or TR. (Please correct me if I’ve got that wrong; I’m not an Instagram person.)
I wouldn't read anything into that. There's 365 days in a year and there's a 0.27% chance the date was a coincidence.

But Seriously: ouuuuuuf that's a fantastic catch.

As you said and I posted a few weeks ago with similar thoughts: they know full well how these teases are being interpreted and Sabrina actively monitors reddit/twitter/insta community chatter. The fact this has been going on for so long has to be because there's something to it. Otherwise why knowingly stoke expectations you know to be misguided?
Yeesh, I completely botched that. TR was May 21, not 17. I think I was conflating the date with the year it aired (2017) in my head. Disregard. :lol:

Still interesting that she so recently started a new account to post mostly Peaks-based stuff.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:35 am I don't think the date of the image matters. The implication is the same, either way.
I agree with this too! Although it would be beyond great if we actually had a photo of him out and at work in the present, to really know that we’re off to the races.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:35 am I don't think the date of the image matters. The implication is the same, either way.
Well, I'm not sure it is. Sure, it's nice that she tagged it "#twinpeaks" and the "objects may appear closer than they are" bit leads to some fun trivial speculating, but otherwise what does it mean? It's just another Twin Peaks photo (of many) she's uploaded to that account, isn't it? It's no more or less telling in that case than any other photo she's uploaded. I don't know - it might still mean something, but I've gone back to being more dismissive of it. (I didn't realize it looked like a S3 photo until I saw the screenshot.)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

The instagram Story I posted below is the more pointed tease. Not just the image itself.

https://insta-stories.online/davidlynchtheater1
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:37 am
I agree with this too! Although it would be beyond great if we actually had a photo of him out and at work in the present, to really know that we’re off to the races.
I'm not sure what to make of that. Wouldn't it create more buzz if she used her pre-existing account? Maybe this was the opposite - maybe she wanted a more low-key account to post some photos of S3's production without the fans getting all worked up? But then why even post them publicly at all. I don't know, I don't know what to make of it to be honest. (Her name on the account seems low-key and unlikely to turn up in Google, etc., only to be found by more diehard fans.)