Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

It's always present when I listen with studio reference monitors. Or at least in recent weeks (feels like there's a door open because it appears there's also a breeze).

A lot louder today, though. Instantly apparent unlike other days.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Apparently all those years of going to loud concerts without earplugs ruined me because I can't hear shit.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:33 am It's always present when I listen with studio reference monitors. Or at least in recent weeks (feels like there's a door open because it appears there's also a breeze).

A lot louder today, though. Instantly apparent unlike other days.
Oh yeah I see the breeze on his hair. Rumble from the wind makes the most sense then... just that given this is DL and his penchant for sub-bass and wind/room tones I couldn't help but wonder :lol:

Definitely a strong sound today though.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 am A delay (or several) has already been confirmed, haven't they? Dern herself said they're being extra cautious and waiting for the summer to minimise the risk of having to stop mid-shoot.

BTW how comes there were over 1000 people on this site on Feb 12 2020? Surprising to see that's the record, long after The Return finished airing.
Where did Dern say that ? the Elle Magazine interview ?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:23 pm
Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 am A delay (or several) has already been confirmed, haven't they? Dern herself said they're being extra cautious and waiting for the summer to minimise the risk of having to stop mid-shoot.

BTW how comes there were over 1000 people on this site on Feb 12 2020? Surprising to see that's the record, long after The Return finished airing.
I assume Histeria is referring to a podcast interview with Dern that fatecolossal quoted back in early May:

Q: what are you looking at now...?

A: Well, in terms of what I’m looking at, there are - uh, friends who are making films this summer, they’re hoping, you know, as a time that we hope might be a safer opportunity to do work. You know, there’s a lot of stop & start, & that’s incredibly expensive.... It’s a real challenge to figure out how to do it right, and the productions are working along with the unions to figure out a way to protect everyone and do it safely.

Nothing about the quote says that she’s referring to a Lynch project, but people seem to keep assuming she is.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

It's a fair assumption. Especially in light of her later comments.

Doesn't mean it's necessarily right. But it's a fair assumption.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 pm It's a fair assumption. Especially in light of her later comments.

Doesn't mean it's necessarily right. But it's a fair assumption.
But her later quote in Elle was denying that she knows anything concrete: “I have no idea what it's going to be. It's not like I'm trying to hide it—he tells no one until he's making it. It's what I love about him, but I would say there's a twinkle in his eye and he's up to something radical and fantastic.”

I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, but I think saying that she confirmed a delay in Unrecorded Night is an overstatement.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

But then she also said he's still trying to get her to shave her head for that role. So I'm not sure that quote is as oppositional to the earlier one as you think it is.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:02 pm But then she also said he's still trying to get her to shave her head for that role. So I'm not sure that quote is as oppositional to the earlier one as you think it is.
She said he mentioned it when they had coffee, yeah. I’m with you that something is happening, but I’m not sure that Dern knows precise details about the production schedule. And I think her podcast quote about “friends” filming in summer could be referring to anything. She’s a very busy working actress with lots of friends in the business. Even her time on TR had to be squeezed in to fit around her Star Wars shoot. Her life doesn’t revolve around Lynch, as much as she loves him.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

One thing that occurred to me, and this is pure wild speculation on my part: if this thing is largely studio-based, is it possible that Lynch is shooting exclusively nights? This would have the advantage of helping the production stay under the radar, and Lynch has expressed a fondness for night shoots (for instance, Eraserhead—where he had full control over the schedule—was shot nights because he liked the mood he got, even though the set would have looked exactly the same during the day).
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:39 pm One thing that occurred to me, and this is pure wild speculation on my part: if this thing is largely studio-based, is it possible that Lynch is shooting exclusively nights? This would have the advantage of helping the production stay under the radar, and Lynch has expressed a fondness for night shoots (for instance, Eraserhead—where he had full control over the schedule—was shot nights because he liked the mood he got, even though the set would have looked exactly the same during the day).
I think you might be onto something here
"Jade give two rides."
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Ickles wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 am Apparently all those years of going to loud concerts without earplugs ruined me because I can't hear shit.
This.

I enjoy my own special ambient sound that's with me everywhere, a high ringing like the sound in the Great Northern.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:39 pm
JackwithOneEye wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:23 pm

I assume Histeria is referring to a podcast interview with Dern that fatecolossal quoted back in early May:

Q: what are you looking at now...?

A: Well, in terms of what I’m looking at, there are - uh, friends who are making films this summer, they’re hoping, you know, as a time that we hope might be a safer opportunity to do work. You know, there’s a lot of stop & start, & that’s incredibly expensive.... It’s a real challenge to figure out how to do it right, and the productions are working along with the unions to figure out a way to protect everyone and do it safely.

Nothing about the quote says that she’s referring to a Lynch project, but people seem to keep assuming she is.
She may also be talking about White Noise - based on Don Dellio's novel. Noah Baumbach may be considered a friend having worked with him on Marriage Story. There were rumors she might be in that.

also, Florian Zeller is directing her in 'The Son', his follow up to 'The Father'. he hasnt worked with her before, but she may consider him a friend, I dunno.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:39 pm One thing that occurred to me, and this is pure wild speculation on my part: if this thing is largely studio-based, is it possible that Lynch is shooting exclusively nights? This would have the advantage of helping the production stay under the radar, and Lynch has expressed a fondness for night shoots (for instance, Eraserhead—where he had full control over the schedule—was shot nights because he liked the mood he got, even though the set would have looked exactly the same during the day).
Sweet supposition there!
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

LateReg wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:09 pm
Sweet supposition there!
with Unrecorded Night as a title.. yeah, that would be interesting.