Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

Yeah maybe.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:10 am
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:37 am https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... 89280?s=21

Hollywood Horror Museum still hinting at more Twin Peaks coming
That’s the dumbest tweet I’ve ever seen. For an organization with “Hollywood” in the name, they don’t seem to know much about how Hollywood operates. :lol:
I don't understand why you're labelling the Hollywood Horror Museum as dumb...? What they are meaning is that a large amount of money was paid out for the 2020 30th Anniversary and apparently a big announcement there - they perhaps did not elaborate sufficiently. None of that celebration occured due to covid but that means also the announcement is overdue.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i would think whatever deposit Viacom CBS put down for convention space at Graceland was refunded. maybe the guests though got to keep their appearance fees. billion dollar fortune 500 publicly traded company. i doubt they're hurting too much from it.

that big announcement mighta been as big as the weather report announcement..

in terms of hollywood spending, a lot of money is spent on pilots that don't go anywhere, development, optioning scripts and books and properties that wind up not getting made, hiring and firing new teams of writers to re draft stuff,... there's expenditures and waste in showbiz. I think that's what Reindeer hinting at..
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 am
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:37 am https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... 89280?s=21

Hollywood Horror Museum still hinting at more Twin Peaks coming
That’s the dumbest tweet I’ve ever seen. For an organization with “Hollywood” in the name, they don’t seem to know much about how Hollywood operates. :lol:
I don't understand why you're labelling the Hollywood Horror Museum as dumb...? What they are meaning is that a large amount of money was paid out for the 2020 30th Anniversary and apparently a big announcement there - they perhaps did not elaborate sufficiently. None of that celebration occured due to covid but that means also the announcement is overdue.
Yeah, what Jack said. The Hollywood business model is essentially built on spending money on lots of projects that never get off the ground (the “TV pilot” model being a prime example). It’s so silly to imply that Hollywood studios never waste money on projects that never see the light of day...seriously?! HHM also just inherently annoys me because they have been riding this clickbait wave of “I know something you don’t know” for a year and a half without contributing anything of substance.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:14 pm
NormoftheAndes wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 am

Yeah, what Jack said. The Hollywood business model is essentially built on spending money on lots of projects that never get off the ground (the “TV pilot” model being a prime example). It’s so silly to imply that Hollywood studios never waste money on projects that never see the light of day...seriously?! HHM also just inherently annoys me because they have been riding this clickbait wave of “I know something you don’t know” for a year and a half without contributing anything of substance.
So basically now, after this stupid statement, we can toss out everything these guys have ever posted. They could have been on to something, but by showing they don't know how Hollywood works, they've made all their info suspect.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

No, that does not follow.

There's a difference between them being ignorant of the industry they claim to follow and being straight up liars.

They could be liars the former doesn't ensure the latter.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Histeria wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:38 pm No, that does not follow.

There's a difference between them being ignorant of the industry they claim to follow and being straight up liars.

They could be liars the former doesn't ensure the latter.
I am not saying they are liars or that they don't know something. I just wouldn't cite anything they say at this point (which I don't think most of us are doing anyway) because they made a statement that shall we say, makes them seem like amateurs. ('welcome to amateur hour')
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’m with MT. Granted, it does seem that they caught wind early on of a Lynch production in the works. I’ll give them that. But anything beyond that seems to be just bluster and them trying to get clicks/likes. Over the past twenty months, they haven’t contributed anything beyond coy tweets trying to draw attention to themselves.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well, if we're going down this line, there's been hinting left, right, and center right here on this board by members who have led us to think they are privy to Lynch-production-related information for a number of months now, and nothing concrete still hasn't come out of that. Nothing besides those "hints" (for lack of a better word) going on and on and on, leading us in circles.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Mordeen wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:20 pm
Histeria wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:52 am ... the year 1956.

... the lyrics contain the line "Let's rock."
- Mordeen
Lynch has been thinking 50's music for the past 6 or 7 days since this post in his weather reports...
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Earle wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm Well, if we're going down this line, there's been hinting left, right, and center right here on this board by members who have led us to think they are privy to Lynch-production-related information for a number of months now, and nothing concrete still hasn't come out of that. Nothing besides those "hints" (for lack of a better word) going on and on and on, leading us in circles.
That too.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Yeah, between Mordeen's hints about the 50s stuff and Lynch mentioning 50s music a lot recently I'm more or less convinced there will at least be a portion of UN set in the 50s. Just how much of the overall thing will take place in that time period, if it's fully the 1956 New Mexico/Part 8 universe, if it's even fully Twin Peaks or more of an anthology or fantasia thing, etc. etc...well, I have no earthly idea.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

TwinsPeak wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 pm
Histeria wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:52 am ... the year 1956.

... the lyrics contain the line "Let's rock."
- Mordeen
Lynch has been thinking 50's music for the past 6 or 7 days since this post in his weather reports...
A lot longer than the last 6-7 days :lol:

And surely one can only been led in circles if they willingly follow the one doing the circling.

It's take it or leave it. Don't take it and there's no problem, is there.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm Well, if we're going down this line, there's been hinting left, right, and center right here on this board by members who have led us to think they are privy to Lynch-production-related information for a number of months now, and nothing concrete still hasn't come out of that. Nothing besides those "hints" (for lack of a better word) going on and on and on, leading us in circles.
Wait, weren't you led in circles on Season 3, believing that the story was leading you somewhere called 'closure', only to realize Cooper was still trapped in the Lodge after a 25 year wait and 18 hours of viewing :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Histeria wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:06 pm
TwinsPeak wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 pm

- Mordeen
A lot longer than the last 6-7 days :lol:
Not quite. The last 8 days have indeed included five 1950's songs, but the streak was interrupted not only by the already discussed word 'trees' and his usual Saturday encouragement for our projects, but also by the 1977 version of Handyman by James Taylor. I also checked the week before that and plenty of his song choices there are from other decades, such as 'Be My Baby', 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' and a song by Elle King.