Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

I was just going to post something like that lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by sneakydave »

Stavrogyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:12 am
sneakydave wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:53 am
Histeria wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:45 pm Yeah I'd discount the scare mag one, myself. Most of their "scoops" are from Actors Access, PW/PB/PL, twitter, reddit, and Sneaky Dave (I'm not joking on the last one).

Interesting that you've heard things privately.

P.S the Frost interview is now live
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/fil ... 85620?mt=2
Eh? What? I've been used in a 'scoop'?

This is a momentous day.

Just about to listen to the podcast whilst sat at my desk 'working'.
Well, I mean, we did determine long ago that you're David Lynch :D
Sorry, it took me a while to reply - I was stitching up my black shirt. My elbows were poking through again.

Seriously though, as someone else said, we really are living in a big TP season 4 echo chamber.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I think we will ourselves be writing season 4 by the time we reach page 1000
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

krishnanspace wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:08 am I think we will ourselves be writing season 4 by the time we reach page 1000
Now there's an idea. Let's fan fiction this mutha.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

I had a dream the other night that season 4 dropped on Netflix for Twin Peaks Day. The first episode was exactly the same as Part 18, except that Diane was replaced with Annie. Then I watched the second episode which was the same again except that Annie was replaced with Audrey. I was just thinking about the fascinating implications of this when I woke up.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Is anybody else afraid that if we ever get the confirmation that something is happening, Twin Peaks or not, a big part of the fun would be gone? What could kill the mystery more than David Lynch's announcement that they are making Twin Peaks season 4 indeed? It would be like Christmas: yes, the moment you open all the presents, you are happy, you know that you will enjoy all the playing that awaits you - but at the same time you realize that the biggest part of the fun was speculation - and no matter how happy you are, a part of you feels underwhelmed.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I very seriously doubt he knows today's supposed to be Twin Peaks day.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Agent Earle wrote:I very seriously doubt he knows today's supposed to be Twin Peaks day.
Well he knew last year.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Yeah, that doesn't really add up to me. I get the spirit of the comment, that David probably isn't as plugged into social media stuff and memes but he seems pretty connected to his fans and his work. I mean, he used to attend Twin Peaks Fest in person or at the very least recorded special intro videos to be played at the fest. Plus contact with fans daily via Weather Reports, probably daily communication with Sabrina, etc. Frankly I would be surprised if he DIDN'T know it was Twin Peaks Day.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Perhaps he thought a Twin Peaks Day greeting might be a little frivolous in light of today’s news.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Stavrogyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:12 am Is anybody else afraid that if we ever get the confirmation that something is happening, Twin Peaks or not, a big part of the fun would be gone? What could kill the mystery more than David Lynch's announcement that they are making Twin Peaks season 4 indeed? It would be like Christmas: yes, the moment you open all the presents, you are happy, you know that you will enjoy all the playing that awaits you - but at the same time you realize that the biggest part of the fun was speculation - and no matter how happy you are, a part of you feels underwhelmed.
Along the same lines, one reason I haven't especially wanted a Twin Peaks announcement is because I know that the announcement itself could never produce that same level of excitement as it did way back in 2014. Back then we pretty much "knew" that nothing would ever happen, and then it did, after 25 years. And while another season would still be unexpected, we have still been talking about its possibility ad nauseam for the past five years, which automatically lessens the impact of an "expected" revelation. (If something does get announced, there's bound to be a lot of "I knew it was gonna be Twin Peaks" and vice versa going on.) And while a lot of folks were clamoring for more over the past several years, I've had conversations with friends in which we talked about how, only one, then two, then three, then even four years on, we couldn't quite imagine being as excited, but also that we were sure we'd be more excited after the announcement actually took place.

But hey, it's Twin Peaks Day. I want to believe.