Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Metamorphia »

Seems a little farfetched but cool to have some rumours again!

If it is true then I'd have to agree it's something Lynch has made at home or in conjunction with remote direction (which would certainly be fascinating). It's not impossible that he could've built sets at home in the same way he did for Rabbits. But I guess it means it would have to be a pretty small, self contained movie.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Ickles »

It does make me wonder if those rumors where somebody was absolutely CONVINCED Lynch was shooting something in Washington state might not be that far fetched after all (assuming all of this isn't total bullshit)
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Couple minor updates:
-The World of Reel guy who posted the blog entry has updated his post to say:
UPDATE: Ever since posting this piece, I’ve been sending emails, having back-and-forths with people, and I am utterly convinced David Lynch will world premiere a FEATURE-LENGTH MOVIE at this May’s 75th Cannes Film Festival. Exciting.
-From Fatecolossal: Image
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Who thought it would be the Night after this thread was sneakily revived that we'd see new rumours Recorded.

This news really sent a Ripple through this thread.

An Anathema to recent despair and hopelessness expressed in TP and Lynch fandoms.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

What are the odds the list of his vote for top movies of all time (one film he voted for was Blue Velvet btw) includes another director who created a TV series?

Also, the Netflix series was rumoured to be a series of feature length films or "mini movies".
Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I just don't like that he said "guess again" (even if he qualified it later). We don't want more BS rumours.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Well either he's misinformed, or he's lying, or he's correct. He can be any of those three while still being a shitstirrer for the bait response.

The clickbait bit doesn't really factor in for me. I don't like it either but that's seperate to appraising his reliability as a source. It's not like I'm gonna be following his twitter feed outside this particular context. All it does is reaffirm my hostility to social media as a form/forum of discourse. Race to the bottom.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:25 pm Couple minor updates:
-The World of Reel guy who posted the blog entry has updated his post to say:
UPDATE: Ever since posting this piece, I’ve been sending emails, having back-and-forths with people, and I am utterly convinced David Lynch will world premiere a FEATURE-LENGTH MOVIE at this May’s 75th Cannes Film Festival. Exciting.

If you're familiar with this guy at all you know he's a world class bozo. Recently got caught fabricating stories about incidents at the NYFCC awards. It could very well be true, and I've never heard of the other guy, but don't get your hopes up based on anything Ruimy says (and he openly admits that he's just speculating anyway )
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:06 pm Well either he's misinformed, or he's lying, or he's correct. He can be any of those three while still being a shitstirrer for the bait response.

The clickbait bit doesn't really factor in for me. I don't like it either but that's seperate to appraising his reliability as a source. It's not like I'm gonna be following his twitter feed outside this particular context. All it does is reaffirm my hostility to social media as a form/forum of discourse. Race to the bottom.
Yeah. Other than that, I think it's a lot more exciting than other rumours we've had, though as someone pointed out on the reddit thread, the description could describe a few other directors even if Lynch is this guy's favourite or one of his favourites.

According to the reddit thread (u/DudebroggieHouser): ' "Two amazing movies and a tv series" could also be referring to David Fincher, Nicolas Winding Refn, Lars von Trier, Gareth Evans, Oliver Stone, Takeshi Kitano, etc.'

Not pouring rain on any parades - I'm quite excited and hoping it is Lynch.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:10 pm
According to the reddit thread (u/DudebroggieHouser): ' "Two amazing movies and a tv series" could also be referring to David Fincher, Nicolas Winding Refn, Lars von Trier, Gareth Evans, Oliver Stone, Takeshi Kitano, etc.'

Where is this reddit user getting those names from? Has Aftab stated Fincher, Refn, von Trier, Evans, Stone (hah!) or Kitano [etc] have made his top movies of all time?

Or is the reddit user just listing their list of favourite directors who could fit the description instead of checking who Aftab's are?

Here's his best films of all time, listed by the man himself:

Bande à part
Jean-Luc Godard

Blue Velvet
David Lynch

Do The Right Thing
Spike Lee

dolce vita, La
Federico Fellini

Downfall Reworked for YouTube
Oliver Hirschbiegel

Outsiders, The
Francis Ford Coppola

Pakeezah
Kamal Amrohi

Psycho
Alfred Hitchcock

Raging Bull
Martin Scorsese

Sweet Smell of Success
Alexander Mackendrick

https://www2.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people ... r/444?s=09
Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Only two of those directors are American. What TV series did Oliver Stone make that would be someone's all time favorite? The Fincher movie has been known about for awhile, nobody "doubts its existence."

There are other people it could be (if the rumor is even true/accurate to begin with) but those are bad examples.

My first thought was Jim Brooks. Co-created the Simpsons, made two consensus great films and a few others that would definitely be up for debate as the reporter said. He doesn't seem like the type to make a secret movie and premiere it at Cannes, but he fits the criteria.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:10 pm
Histeria wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:06 pm Well either he's misinformed, or he's lying, or he's correct. He can be any of those three while still being a shitstirrer for the bait response.

Yeah. Other than that, I think it's a lot more exciting than other rumours we've had, though as someone pointed out on the reddit thread, the description could describe a few other directors even if Lynch is this guy's favourite or one of his favourites.

Doesn't the director in question have to be American though? It's hard to read it as anybody other than Lynch. Although I dunno, just seems a little too good to be true :lol:
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Is Scorsese out of the question? He already has Raging Bull on his top 10 list and there's numerous others to choose from. He also produced Boardwalk Empire which has a cult following. He's also certainly American and Killers of the Flower Moon premiering in a month as a surprise would make more sense as it's slated to drop way later in the year anyway.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The guy on reddit said he overlooked the American part. I did too.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.