Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:33 pm Great point about the Laura quote - "I'm dead yet I live " - and it could sum up many themes of the show itself, and the legacy of the Laura Palmer character. Even beyond the show, the character will continue to live on - and if the show returns, she will too, even if that means as Carrie Page and as Laura.
Right you are! It means many things, including the obvious physical vs spiritual angle, and immediately made me think of the character if not the show itself. Cooper's journey mirrors our own quest as well as that of the creators to bring the show and the character back to life. It's all so intricately intertwined and the narrative works on so many levels.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Interesting social media like from Sabrina on Instagram

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 18148?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Rebekah del Rio just posted “Something is Happening” to the FB Twin Peaks fan group Between Two Worlds. Here’s the Reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ame=iossmf
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

madeleineferguson wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:28 pm Rebekah del Rio just posted “Something is Happening” to the FB Twin Peaks fan group Between Two Worlds. Here’s the Reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ame=iossmf
Blue rose hair piece l and red room fabric. Mulholland Drive hashtags.

11.11 2021 date. I'm gonna assume it's an album release date or something. Perhaps the Mulholland Drive UHD release or even Twin Peaks series Criterion or FWWM 4K.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

She wears a chevron top.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I'm sure she's plugging Mulholland 4K reissue, dunno if it's theatrical or criterion going into 4k...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Fatecolossal posted a little bit of an interview with Harry Goaz today from a Season 3 podcast.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 3626654723
(it's a retweet - full link to the interview is at the twitter link)

Harry Goaz (aka Deputy Andy) seems like a delight.

Also, there's this in the interview's discussion of Lynch NDAs:
"So, if you were part of UNRECORDED NIGHT, David Lynch's new project, you wouldn't be able to talk about it?" "No, I wouldn't. And -- they just wouldn't."

(Not sure what the last part means.)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm Fatecolossal posted a little bit of an interview with Harry Goaz today from a Season 3 podcast.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 3626654723
(it's a retweet - full link to the interview is at the twitter link)

Harry Goaz (aka Deputy Andy) seems like a delight.

Also, there's this in the interview's discussion of Lynch NDAs:
"So, if you were part of UNRECORDED NIGHT, David Lynch's new project, you wouldn't be able to talk about it?" "No, I wouldn't. And -- they just wouldn't."

(Not sure what the last part means.)
Last part doesn't seem to mean anything. When I listened it just seemed to imply what it says, that he wouldn't say if he's involved.

RDR has a song called 11.11.11 fwiw.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The "And - they just wouldn't" part. They just wouldn't what - talk about it, make it? (And the they is Lynch/Frost - I assume - or could it be the rest of the cast?)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah I think “they” meant the cast and that the cast wouldn’t be allowed to say if they were involved or not
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm Yeah I think “they” meant the cast and that the cast wouldn’t be allowed to say if they were involved or not
Yup.

To me the more interesting part was the rundown of Internet rumours at the start because I have a very strong belief that he knows more than he lets on and has known as much since late 2019 and before the start of lockdown.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 pm
DougieJones wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm Yeah I think “they” meant the cast and that the cast wouldn’t be allowed to say if they were involved or not
Yup.

To me the more interesting part was the rundown of Internet rumours at the start because I have a very strong belief that he knows more than he lets on and has known as much since late 2019 and before the start of lockdown.
I got that feeling as well.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Who? Harry Goaz or the interviewer/podcaster?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:31 pm Who? Harry Goaz or the interviewer/podcaster?
Podcaster, sorry.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

At the very beginning of the podcast, the interviewer does a brief summary on what we know about Unrecorded Night and it was just about information we know publicly. But it felt as though he knew information that hasn’t been made public.
"Jade give two rides."