Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Agent Earle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm You never know with Lynch. It could all very well turn out to be over his radical new design of a teapot.
your only purpose here is to be a negative nancy
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Jerry Horne wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:58 am New interview with Laura Dern:

https://www.elle.com/culture/a36412630/ ... sociation/
Rockin good news!
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

It sure is TwinsPeak! Let's keep the positivity flowing here big time. Break out the hot black coffee and let's party.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm
Agent Earle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm You never know with Lynch. It could all very well turn out to be over his radical new design of a teapot.
Negative or not, the comment was legitimately funny and made me laugh.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

"Everybody thinks it’s a tea kettle but it’s just a machine!"
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:15 am
TwinsPeak wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 am Sounds more like a coincidence then some special date to me. Also you say its the day after. I don't think its connected. at all....especially since its so hard to identify as why they announced on that day.
I don’t disagree, but Frank Silva in the mirror was a coincidence too, at first. It’s still a cool little meta thing even if unintentional, and as LateReg said, fits with the theory he and others have nicely developed of our reality seeping into TR in various ways (and vice versa).
Right. I mean...if it's a coincidence that's fine, but it is one hell of a coincidence, and no less interesting a coincidence than any number of potential "errors" that we'll never know the truth about that nonetheless add interest to our theories (multiple realities, multiple conflicting timestamps, the Maersk crates backstory, etc.). To me this is a hugely fascinating discovery, and that it falls the day after is precisely the point that makes it significant, imo: Did The Return even happen? That completely ties into the prevalent notion that reality is unmoored in The Return, that what we're seeing in the season is reality breaking down. That what we're seeing in a project that was announced the day after reality was restructured simply can't be trusted to have even taken place - as hinted by inconsistencies in Frost's books. And that a deeply meta-artwork that possibly enters into our real world somehow was announced the day after its fictional universe imploded. At the very least it cleverly reinforces those points, whether intentionally or not. In a work as intuitive as The Return, I think intentionality is a very slippery subject. But as others have pointed out, it does little to help us in predicting a new announcement (which is what this thread is about but is less interesting to me than how Reindeer's discovery adds another facet to The Return).
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

LateReg - your observations about those dates are great stuff. I applaud you! EDIT - I mean Mr. Reindeer's initial observation...
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

pft, Agent Earle is cool !! Grounded, realistic, and down to the earth at all times. I always really appreciate reading Agent Earle's criticisms, skepticism, and perspective, even when I don't totally agree.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Outside of all the coffee talk, has there been many mentions of tea in Twin Peaks?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

one of the guys at Lucky 7 insurance liked green tea latte.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I remember that one! I wonder if there were many (or any) mentions of tea/teapots in the original series?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Log lady offered tea in S1 when they were out looking at the cabin I think. but looked like she drank coffee at RR.

I think tea mighta been a thing in the Palmer house in the grieving in s1. think there mighta been teapot on
coffee table next to Sarah (?)

Catherine Martell seems like mighta been more of a tea person.

I think Lynch intended Philip Jeffries' design to be an industrial machine, I saw him dismayed in an interview somewhere that people thought it was a teapot.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Interesting.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 am
pft, Agent Earle is cool !! Grounded, realistic, and down to the earth at all times. I always really appreciate reading Agent Earle's criticisms, skepticism, and perspective, even when I don't totally agree.
This is a great forum and for me, I love to read optimistic and positive responses here. I had a conversation with some of those close to the Twin Peaks production and they told me to try to be positive. I suppose since then I've kept that in mind. I don't find it amusing to read people roundly sneering at Lynch, sorry. Especially when it is basically all they post. So again, no time for negative nancys.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am
JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 am
This is a great forum and for me, I love to read optimistic and positive responses here. I had a conversation with some of those close to the Twin Peaks production and they told me to try to be positive. I suppose since then I've kept that in mind. I don't find it amusing to read people roundly sneering at Lynch, sorry. Especially when it is basically all they post. So again, no time for negative nancys.
That’s fine, but it’s easy to ignore people as opposed to insulting them or taking jabs at them. There have been posters on here who annoyed me. I generally just started skipping over their posts when I saw their name, or if I read it, I simply didn’t respond. There’s room for all sorts of discourse in a fandom, both positive and critical (Lynch himself has mouthed off about season 2 sucking, so even the creators aren’t always positive!). Earle’s a valued member here, and his remark made me chuckle as well, even though I think his continued doubt is misguided in light of all the evidence.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.