Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by DougieJones »

At the end of the day do you guys think Unrecorded Night will be a season 4 or an entirely new project. A lot of people think that Twin Peaks is definitively over but even if UN isn’t a Season 4 maybe we’ll get it someday (hopefully)
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, catatonic Dougie was a little bit of One Saliva and the Cow men from Dream of the Bovine,
and the absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence line.

Axxon N. , world's longest running radio play in history.... cool little reference to a continuing story going into the infinite.

My guess is that Unrecorded Night isn't TP, but TP productions was in a listing, so maybe Big Ed or someone crosses over in an episode,
and thats why TP productions listed,
I feel like Mark Frost would still wanna get an Exec Producer credit/ salary if it were really TP aligned even if the scripts departed from his vision,
but he seemed pretty adamant on twitter he not involved in this. But that's just my guess/ intuition.

possible TP could exist as a meta layer in something, if he continued the Monica Bellucci stuff, and did more meta hollywood , though i feel like Mulholland and Inland explored that terrain enough already.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:10 pm yeah, catatonic Dougie was a little bit of One Saliva and the Cow men from Dream of the Bovine,
and the absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence line.
I also get heavy Ronnie Rocket vibes from Naido's rooms & the Dutchman's, because it's the same heavily fluid & shifting nature of the familiar Red Room, but involving more quotidian environments like residential living rooms & motel rooms & parking lots & etc. Plus the heavy industrial electricity components, and when Cooper goes into & out of the socket it reminds me of the villain's shadowy elongating limbs in the earlier draft.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

One thing I keep having to remind myself of, in regards to how he shot IE mostly in secret is just how much of a different time that was in terms of the internet/social media. It was pre-Twitter, pre-Instagram. I have a feeling if he was making something like that himself now, even on a very small scale, some random extra or bystander on location would snap something and it would be common knowledge instantly. I think, unfortunately, doing something like that for a filmmaker as famous as David Lynch might be damn near impossible in this day and age, at least not under very specific circumstances (i.e. very few locked down interior locations, NDAs, skeleton crew).
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, if memory serves, you tube was unleashed into the world in 2006 as Inland hit festivals/theaters, and the two guys driving around LA happened upon DL promoting it (and Laura Dern for oscar consideration) at that intersection with the cow in late 06/early 07 or so, and that went up on you tube pretty quick.

all that hollywood boulevard shooting stuff def. was pre you tube. but I still saw snaps of him next to C Stands and stuff either on myspace or some Lynch forums that existed at the time.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 am Good point - he knows the copyright filing was public. Was it made after or before the initial reddit rumours?
Reddit doesn't seem to allow time stamping. There seems to be no time stamp feature, so it's hard to figure out exact times/dates of reddit posts.

There are 6 total posts from canthaveit on the subject, which are dated '1 year ago'. I believe the posts started around Feb 23 2020, and even the 6th canthaveit post (I think) is from before June 8th, 2020 (the copyright date; I believe LOC uses the date you filled out the form, so the copyright processed a few months after June, 2020 and then appears online).

canthaveit's 5th post is referring to may, 2020 in the future tense, and the reply seems quick to metalanejack, leading to the 6th post.

The thread where canthaveit posted all this stuff is called 'Rumor has it David Lynch is casting a new film' (started in late Feb 2020 I think) and was started by another reddit user named Ymir from Venus. Ymir from Venus has since been suspended from reddit. I guess you can suspend someone, and the threads they create still stand in redditland.

Ymir from Venus seemed to get the idea for the thread from someone on twitter called @DuganAmanda who first posted the casting rumor on twitter on Feb 23, 2020.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:05 pmReddit doesn't seem to allow time stamping. There seems to be no time stamp feature, so it's hard to figure out exact times/dates of reddit posts.
Actually, if you hover your mouse over the general timeframe by usernames (for example, "1 month ago") hover text will pop up giving you the exact date and even time.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

ah I see. thanks AXX

canthaveit post #1 - 3 are on Feb 23rd, 2020. (hot on the heels of @duganamanda's tweet)
cathaveit post #4 - Feb 24th, 2020
cathaveit posts #5 and 6 - May 06, 2020 (here canthaveit says I can't see them hitting the May start date for filming, it already being a few days
into May by that)

so last post about 30 days before the copyright filing.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

He's not pulling plugs for any leaks that don't exist.

Even when leaks did exist for the Return he did his thing.

Point of fact, it was fan interest that was a large part of what fueled the Return.

imilii, lis

I'm not joshing around.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Mordeen wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:26 pm

imilii, lis

I'm not joshing around.

- Mordeen
I cant crack that one...

i guess?

then... when?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I got the 'news is coming' one but cannot crack 'imilii, lis'.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

eyeboogers wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:12 pm In terms of "Inland Empire" being a well kept secret, as I rightly recall, it was announced and pre-sold to a bunch of us as web series with the title "Axxon N". For whatever reason it didn't materialise as advertised, and was later reconfigured into feature film form. Basically it is not as if that came from out of nowhere.
Were people who signed up for the series refunded or how did that work?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:58 pm I got the 'news is coming' one but cannot crack 'imilii, lis'.
Best guess was a date in May, eleven or twelve - eleven, may / twelve, may. It's not a caesar cipher but it aligned with the number of letters and the other clue about Jupiter. It doesn't really align with its own letters though. So it's probably not that but can't crack it as a cipher, so thought maybe it was some other type of code.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun May 09, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

sneakydave wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:58 pm I got the 'news is coming' one but cannot crack 'imilii, lis'.
same here, and there was one that said: donttakethering
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:06 pm
Best guess was a date in May, eleven or twelve - eleven, may / twelve, may. It's not a caesar cipher but it aligned with the number of letters and the other clue about Jupiter. It doesn't really align with its own letters though. So it's probably not that but can't crack it as a cipher, so thought maybe it was some other type of code.
I've used a website that has decryption tools for all the popular ciphers. No joy.

I'm even analysing his follow up comments about how we'll kick ourselves and how he's not joshing around to see if that gives us some sort of clue.

Damn you Mordeen. :lol:
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*