Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

That's merely how she comes across online. She really does tend to air her emotional ups and downs. Fans who respond to her posting about other things and bring it back around to Twin Peaks, let's be honest, that is somewhat sad or pathetic. I'm fine admitting that there could be something sad or pathetic about my love of Twin Peaks.

One thing I did like about Sherilyn is her lack of filter. However, most people online who are actors etc do tend to keep their posts more congenial and pleasant, that always helps matters with the fans and makes people like you, certainly. Well, it makes you appear more affable and potentially, bland. But just getting emotional is not going to endear you to everyone.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

You're absolutely right, Norm. YMMV. Admittedly I took that to heart but I think it was also because it came on top of her bashing Lynch and Frost, sending them the finger on Twitter and all that. Social media is a strange beast and I have to say I'm glad my favorite, Sheryl Lee, does not do social media at all! Anyway, I still wouldn't read much into her posts but that's just me. I think if anyone has any inside info, that's only Kyle and Laura.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

I don't think anyone knows anything definitive - maybe, but this Wisteria posting craze is interesting. It makes me wonder if the show itself will be about various characters all connected by one specific thing.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:52 pm She really does tend to air her emotional ups and downs. Fans who respond to her posting about other things and bring it back around to Twin Peaks, let's be honest, that is somewhat sad or pathetic. I'm fine admitting that there could be something sad or pathetic about my love of Twin Peaks.
Yeah, I agree with you Norm. Her lack of filter is fine with me.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:39 pm I don't think anyone knows anything definitive - maybe, ...
maybe Mordeen :?:
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:39 pm I don't think anyone knows anything definitive - maybe, but this Wisteria posting craze is interesting. It makes me wonder if the show itself will be about various characters all connected by one specific thing.
Kyle posted some wisteria that's over his own door. Then Sherilyn posted the Japanese wisteria. Michael Horse posted some purple flower that was almost certainly not wisteria, and according to others it's normal for him to posts plants and flowers and things.

Are there any other wisteria posts from major Twin Peaks cast members aside from the posts by Kyle and Sherilyn?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Are we suffering from wisteria frequency illusion?

Frequency illusion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_illusion

"Frequency illusion, also known as the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon, is a cognitive bias in which, after noticing something for the first time, there is a tendency to notice it more often, leading someone to believe that it has a high frequency (a form of selection bias).[1][2][3] It occurs when increased awareness of something creates the illusion that it is appearing more often.[4] Put plainly, the frequency illusion is when 'a concept or thing you just found out about suddenly seems to crop up everywhere.'"[5]
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I would say so yes. I feel like a lot of us Lynch fans may be movie buffs who spend a lot of time in darkened basements
and arent really into flowers or gardening.

wisteria is a popular thing out in the world. my neighbor who never watches Lynch and Twin Peaks has wisteria all over the place
and taking pics of it and posting online..
matto

Post by matto »

Possibly some of the code may have been mistyped?

"batsg, wkwow"

"But like the song goes, "who knows where, or when?"
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jasper wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:34 pm Are we suffering from wisteria frequency illusion?

Frequency illusion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_illusion

"Frequency illusion, also known as the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon, is a cognitive bias in which, after noticing something for the first time, there is a tendency to notice it more often, leading someone to believe that it has a high frequency (a form of selection bias).[1][2][3] It occurs when increased awareness of something creates the illusion that it is appearing more often.[4] Put plainly, the frequency illusion is when 'a concept or thing you just found out about suddenly seems to crop up everywhere.'"[5]
Easy enough to check.

What was the frequency of wisteria references before 2020 from these people and what is the frequency after? If they're remotely similar then that's that.

Frequency illusions are fascinating stuff but they're only really potent for unfalsifiable subjective perception. The randomness of wisteria/Unrecorded Night stuff is easily verifiable with a quick flick though those people's posting history and/or comparing with the general population.
matto wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:56 pm Possibly some of the code may have been mistyped?

"batsg, wkwow"

"But like the song goes, "who knows where, or when?"
Yeah, the specific word patterns in "imilii" and "wkwow" are extremely rare (especially with "lis" sharing two letters with "imilii")

Also, "imilii" and "wkwow" have the same pattern apart from one extra letter: *^*"** vs *^*"*

Edit: OHHHHHHHHH
Last edited by Histeria on Mon May 17, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merryweather

Post by merryweather »

“I mean it like it is, like it sounds”
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I dunno, Fenn strikes me as somewhat unstable. I'm not comfortable with such people. And I especially don't like all the religious talk. I stopped taking her seriously when she started with the latter. I don't remember her being like that in the past (like pre-S3 announcement past), but then again, social media wasn't always around, so she may have always been like that. Or is such behaviour a product of late-stage career and a certain sense of entitlement? I feel she's blown her importance to the TP universe out of proportion.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Well done Matto and Merryweather.

That's the codes cracked.

Unfortunately not as revealing as I'd hoped for. :)
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Indeed. Excellent work.
sneakydave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:48 pm
Unfortunately not as revealing as I'd hoped for. :)
Is it not?
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I'm with you, Earle. I don't mind no filter but it's the hypocrisy I can't stand. Don't bash Twin Peaks fans and then ask for their money over and over again. I've met so many awesome TP cast members over the years but I have no desire to ever meet or talk to her. Anyway, I do think people are reading into wisteria posts and the only one that may actually hold some water is Kyle's though he did backtrack on it.