Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

I realise copyrighted scripts can still go unproduced and it's no guarantee, but just mentioned it for those looking for some hope that something good may be brewing.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I said I'm not convinced -- yep, there are copyrighted scripts -- I don't know what that really means.

I'm assuming one of the reasons some of us are big fans of Lynch is that it is his way or the highway. He rarely plays the game with studios. And what major film projects has he done since Mulholland Drive? Inland Empire and The Return. Projects where he had carte blanch to do whatever in the world he wanted. Those are rarely if ever handed out by studios. It is not a stretch to think Netflix would plunk down money for an exclusive Lynch project that they will own in perpetuity. Showtime did it! All I'm saying is Lynch has a curious history of rumored projects that don't make it to the screen, and that I will believe it when I see trailers parked outside that studio in the valley. Another Lynch series would be fantastic. Kyle seems to be hinting at things, yes, but if you've paid attention to his social media, he adores the character of Dale Cooper and has plenty of fun engaging with his followers. All this is not enough for me to believe a series is imminent. We had a big announcement last go-round, and look what happened. Also - a disclaimer - if anyone would know anything about whatever might be happening, it's not me. I've not gone out of my way to seek info from cast or crew about this noise or the wisteria posts.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:19 pm I realise copyrighted scripts can still go unproduced and it's no guarantee, but just mentioned it for those looking for some hope that something good may be brewing.
It is worth nothing that Ronnie Rocket was sold to Zoetrope Studios (and in fact copyrighted by them), and I believe was pretty close to production, with Dexter Fletcher either cast as RR or at least attached via a gentlemen’s agreement, and Lynch having scouted locations IIRC. It only wasn’t made at that point because One from the Heart put Zoetrope out of business.

Likewise, One Saliva Bubble was very close to beginning production, with Steve Martin and Martin Short attached, when De Laurentiis Corp. (who owned the rights) went into bankruptcy.

So in both prior instances of Lynch registering a script, the projects were pretty far along and fell through due to extenuating circumstances.

None of which negates Brad’s words of wisdom. Especially in light of the crazy last year and a half when many things are in flux.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Brad, I wasn't referring to any of your posts, just in general re the scripts.

I think both skepticism and hope are fine points of view and I'm not even sure where I stand.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Does anyone see the irony in Twin Peaks fans seeking out hard evidence of a show based on a detective who solves cases based in dreams and imaginary giants?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Uh, tbh I think quite some stuff that comes by in this thread is way out there :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

I agree with Morden, though he's deleted his post. This thread is for Season 4 speculation - get all the other shit out of it, it's a headache.

Moving on, we've got something pretty interesting here.
6ou59wzz2k571.jpg
6ou59wzz2k571.jpg (201.31 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

thedougpa wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:58 pm I agree with Morden, though he's deleted his post. This thread is for Season 4 speculation - get all the other shit out of it, it's a headache.
Yeah he told me in private he's not at all happy and won't be around on dugpa. I completely understand, I've been on the verge of unsubscribing to my daily visits here when a similar discussion emerged earlier.

I'm not sure why but I don't see the rules displayed on the top of the forum anymore.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

In terms of the copyright issue, yes lots of screenplays are copyrighted for good reason, but you don't copyright 13 episodes worth (much less write 13 episodes) unless there is some kind of deal in place. in terms of the Mary Reber photo, I don't believe for a second that she is not aware of the rumours. I am guessing that there might be someone (presumably with purple hair) triggering various parties to post these wisteria photos, maybe whenever morale in the fan community hits all time lows.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Plus, if they wanted to film in the Palmer House at all, she'd presumably already know about that.

Someone, can't remember who, asked if it's OK share that first Wisteria post she made or if it would get her in trouble. She said it won't get her in trouble. We're none the wiser, then. Either she doesn't know and there's nothing to get in trouble about. Or she does and was told it's OK to post them.

It's the exact same pic Dan Ceresia posted a few months ago with this tweet (that isn't notable in itself, if you Google Wisteria the same handful of pics come up and thus tend to get recycled) that I just remembered:

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Ceresia/stat ... 11425?s=19

And he tweeted this today

https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksRevolu/sta ... 19264?s=19
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

There's simply been too many wisteria posts now from this group of people for them to be discounted. I acknowledge that it could just be people not in the know having some fun and hopeful to be involved in Lynch's new show, but there's something almost co-ordinated about the tweets too. I also feel like maybe Sabrina is encouraging them. Perhaps they're being told to have fun posting about wisteria on social media, but officially they are not to confirm or say anything or even deny it if asked.

It could be nothing, sure, just people having some fun - but it feels like people unofficially letting the fans know there's going to be more Twin Peaks. So that's where I'll land, even though I'm still a bit skeptical, I think I'll settle on them letting us know something is brewing in TP Land - why not, if it's wrong so what.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Agreed, Jonah.

For me it's come to a point where I'm perfectly happy to discount a full 90% of these things as pure luck and coincidence.

That still leaves a very hefty 10% that probably aren't.

There's just to much of it to discount and far too much to dismiss as a whole.

Also, these clues all began a lot more ambiguously and were a lot more subtle. They've been becoming more and more explicit since January. A steady escalation to mark a cancellation isn't logical.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:13 am Plus, if they wanted to film in the Palmer House at all, she'd presumably already know about that.
Yes, plus she is now a cast member, and going forward the Tremonds could be important. I recently read a great interview with her about filming The Return (https://25yearslatersite.com/2018/01/16 ... ming-more/).

Is she under an NDA? She must be, right? Or maybe she was just kept out of the know so much that there was no need for one, though I sttill imagine she must be, or even under a partial one.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

eyeboogers wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:54 am In terms of the copyright issue, yes lots of screenplays are copyrighted for good reason, but you don't copyright 13 episodes worth (much less write 13 episodes) unless there is some kind of deal in place. in terms of the Mary Reber photo, I don't believe for a second that she is not aware of the rumours. I am guessing that there might be someone (presumably with purple hair) triggering various parties to post these wisteria photos, maybe whenever morale in the fan community hits all time lows.
Well said. Agreed on all points.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

mtwentz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:57 pm Does anyone see the irony in Twin Peaks fans seeking out hard evidence of a show based on a detective who solves cases based in dreams and imaginary giants?
Not at all. Simply said, for those of us who have been fans since 1990, we've heard SO MANY stories, rumors and innuendos over the decades that we simply learned to take them all with a ton of salt and remain cautious and skeptical. I know people put a lot of stock into social media posts and likes, but to me they mean absolutely nothing - until there is an actual tweet by David Lynch announcing his new project. All this time I've been rather hopeful that something is in the works, but recently I've been hearing otherwise so I will remain cautious.