Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Ickles »

DougieJones wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 pm
Ickles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm Clearly reaching here but re: Unrecorded Night/Wisteria and if it's connected to Netflix anymore...on LinkedIn Sabrina Sutherland's profile has companies which she's "interested in", among them are Showtime and Netflix, specifically. Those are the only 2 networks too so it's not like she just bulked added every distributor under the sun...is there an announcement yet? I can't keep living like this.
Same here I keep getting a feeling that there will only be an announcement after they’re done filming. Lynch announced Inland Empire after 2 years of filming after all.
I'm just not sure if that tracks with the supposed scale of this thing. IE was shot piecemeal and paid for mostly out of pocket until StudioCanal kicked him a modest budget. Lynch also worked with a pretty bare bones crew and did most everything himself on it. If it really is a Netflix production with a budget anywhere close to the reported $85MM you'd think that level of secrecy wouldn't really be possible, as there would be extra crew, locations, execs, etc. that could leak. If they are continuing ahead on it with that level of secrecy and it is that high of a production then hat's off because that seems really difficult to pull of in this day and age.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

MJA definitely has a mental illness. I take his lack of social media presence the last few years as a positive sign that he’s hopefully getting help.

BTW, I just quickly scanned the Blu Ray BTS of the Palmer house shoot. No karate chop (sorry LateReg), but many shots of the Palmer living room (various angles) on Lynch’s monitor while he’s outside (including one with Deming just kinda sitting around in the living room). I think they were probably just lining up shots and such, and then people put the camera down wherever. I don’t think anything big was shot in there besides what we got.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Ickles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm ...is there an announcement yet? I can't keep living like this.
Instead of using the Thursday evening for watching a film or reading a book, I have been obsessively reading this thread... a scenario which now happens more often than not. (And I could leave it for the work hours, dammit!) So yes, it goes for me too, I can't keep living like this!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the 'reported' 85 mill is from canthaveit on reddit. if you look at the reddit board, he/she is fatecolassal's primary source
i've seen fate on there pumping canthaveit for more info.

I contend the new project could be closer to Inland Empire/ What Did Jack Do scale.

the folks on the zoom call are really inner circle ppl who worked on Inland and Jack.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 pm the 'reported' 85 mill is from canthaveit on reddit. if you look at the reddit board, he/she is fatecolassal's primary source
i've seen fate on there pumping canthaveit for more info.

I contend the new project could be closer to Inland Empire/ What Did Jack Do scale.

the folks on the zoom call are really inner circle ppl who worked on Inland and Jack.
Yeah, I'm aware the budget came from canthaveit but so far I've found no reason to disbelieve them. The impression I got from their posts is that it's somebody who works in a production/permit office somewhere or something similar, who saw documents breaking down the production, including the network info and working title, etc. If the working title and network is legit I don't see any reason why the budget wouldn't be too, unless they just decided to spice things up and throw in a made up number along with real information but that seems unlikely. I feel like if we're going to take any other part of their leak at face value we might as well take the budget too.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, canhaveit implied they were looking at a list of locations, and said they saw nothing for Washington.

i saw he/she said to fate colassal "i'm not as inside as it may seem".

Whoever it is, big movie buff. a lot of their posts are about art films/ foreign films.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i did wonder at one point maybe it was the Hollywood Horror Museum guy Purdy again, but most of canthavit's posts are art films, and
not horror genre fare.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I’m not sure if it has been mentioned here before but does anyone else think that Lynch could be growing out his beard and hair for a role in his new project? But if the budget really is 85 million then that doesn’t sound small scale like an Inland or WDJD
Last edited by DougieJones on Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Would Lynch feel the need to do much on location in Washington even if this is more TP? I know he wanted The Return to look and feel like the pilot in parts, but apart from the Palmer house and the diner, weren't all the Great Northern scenes and roadhouse done on sets? Couldn't that easily be replicated again with some second unit stuff from WA? He may not feel the need to reshoot in the diner/could have it recreated on sets, depending on if it's even in it.

Wasn't there something about Kyle, Lynch, Deming and maybe others all being seen at the Salish Lodge or something? Did anything ever come of that?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 pm Would Lynch feel the need to do much on location in Washington even if this is more TP? I know he wanted The Return to look and feel like the pilot in parts, but apart from the Palmer house and the diner, weren't all the Great Northern scenes and roadhouse done on sets? Couldn't that easily be replicated again with some second unit stuff from WA? He may not feel the need to reshoot in the diner/could have it recreated on sets, depending on if it's even in it.

Wasn't there something about Kyle, Lynch, Deming and maybe others all being scene at the Salish Lodge or something? Did anything ever come of that?
Yeah the set for the Great Northern and the Sheriff’s Station at least was filmed at Calvert
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Kyle is frequently up in WA for wine biz/ family. yeah, I think he was at the falls at some point.
I know I he posted a pic at Twede's at some point.

Peter Deming posted some footage of the falls on February 6th, 2019 on his instagram.

I can't remember DL being seen in WA.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

DougieJones wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 pm I’m not sure if it has been mentioned here before but does anyone else think that Lynch could be growing out his beard and hair for a role in his new project? But if the budget really is 85 million then that doesn’t sound small scale like an Inland or WDJD
I actually did have that thought watching the weather report earlier this morning, re: it being for a role. It's a pretty big departure from his classic look and seems relatively recent. Maybe the whole thing is just focused on Gordon Cole's FBI career just totally going to shit, him starting over and traveling to Coachella where he meets a merry band of hippies and they all start a psych band called Unrecorded Night.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I don’t believe Lynch was ever in Washington / at Salish post-Peaks. There was some speculation because Salish closed their dining room for a day around the time that Lynch praised the experience of shooting in WA (to support some program they were rolling out to encourage filming), but I do not recall him being seen there. Other than his annual trips to Paris, I don’t think he was traveling much even pre-covid.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Ickles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:24 pm
DougieJones wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 pm I’m not sure if it has been mentioned here before but does anyone else think that Lynch could be growing out his beard and hair for a role in his new project? But if the budget really is 85 million then that doesn’t sound small scale like an Inland or WDJD
I actually did have that thought watching the weather report earlier this morning, re: it being for a role. It's a pretty big departure from his classic look and seems relatively recent. Maybe the whole thing is just focused on Gordon Cole's FBI career just totally going to shit, him starting over and traveling to Coachella where he meets a merry band of hippies and they all start a psych band called Unrecorded Night.
Haha! That would be great. Yeah I was watching his weather report and had the same thought. For someone so tactical about his daily routine a huge change in appearance for him seems like it has to be for a role. Could it be that he’s playing an alternate Gordon Cole like a Richard/Linda. I really wish we could get an announcement but honestly I think after talking all day about this I’m leaning back towards this being a continuation of the story but not necessarily “Twin Peaks”
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

DL cancelled at least the NYC Festival of Disruption in 2019 / pre pandemic, maybe LA one also, I cant remember.

Deming never clarified whether was actually back up in WA in 2019, or he was just posting video he took in 2015.

DL was in NYC for the Fest of Disruption in 2018, and again for that art show in Nov of 2019.
only trips i can recall.
yeah, a lot of his post Return public appearances were in LA.