Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Brad D »

If anything is still in the works, I would not be shocked if Lynch wants to err on the side of caution and wait out this delta variant stuff. Not to go down that rabbit hole, but I could see things slowing down soon with productions and live events. Although I hope not.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah. I agree that's likely what could be happening - that he's waiting things out a bit, working on his paintings. It would also fit with Sabrina saying "right now" as I think that's the second time she's used that exact phrase. I could be reading too much into it, but that sounds to me like it could be indicative of something planned for the future, just not now.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

whatever you shoot in the current conditions, I think having a solid schedule and regimented regular testing of participants and documentation thereof would have to be a tightly controlled. the loose shooting schedule he seemed to pine for in the return, with being able to shoot for weeks at the firemans and being able to improvise, go off script and dreamy, seems like it would be quite challenging.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Netflix just made vaccinations mandatory for cast and crew. Not sure if it applies to outsourced productions and rights purchases or just their in-house shoots.

Could pose a dilemma for one or two that may potentially have a role in an alleged TP continuation/spin-off.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 pm
NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:13 pm
I have heard that Lynch was in Whitefish, Montana last week.
Source?
I checked with them first so sorry for my delay in responding. Milly Moo in Australia whose dolls have appeared on The Blue Rose magazine cover told me. She got the info via Seattle from a source who wishes to remain very private and this makes me think this is true. I wouldn't have shared the info here if it sounded really vague. When Lynch was in Montana some people were taking photos so they could arise at some point.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:36 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 pm
NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:13 pm
I have heard that Lynch was in Whitefish, Montana last week.
Source?
I checked with them first so sorry for my delay in responding. Milly Moo in Australia whose dolls have appeared on The Blue Rose magazine cover told me. She got the info via Seattle from a source who wishes to remain very private and this makes me think this is true. I wouldn't have shared the info here if it sounded really vague. When Lynch was in Montana some people were taking photos so they could arise at some point.
So, you disappeared, and now you sure as hell wanna tell us everything, but you ain’t got a whole lot to go on. But you will tell us one little bitty thing. Milly is positive about this. We should listen, listen up, listen carefully.

Milly heard something, via Seattle from [REDACTED].

Suspicious.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Guys, remember, let's keep it civil and friendly. A source was provided. A secondary one granted and it's not quite a cited rumour but it's not speculation about the show either, just an aside, so it doesn't really break the rules. It's just a couple of comments about where Lynch was apparently spotted. Let's leave it at that for now, see if anything else (such as pictures of him there) comes out. No need to dwell on it more than that for now.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jonah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:11 pm Guys, remember, let's keep it civil and friendly. A source was provided. A secondary one granted and it's not quite a cited rumour but it's not speculation about the show either, just an aside, so it doesn't really break the rules. It's just a couple of comments about where Lynch was apparently spotted. Let's leave it at that for now, see if anything else (such as pictures of him there) comes out. No need to dwell on it more than that for now.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If that's how he travelled to Montana, the next season of Twin Peaks - or whatever Wisteria/Unrecorded Night is - should be especially interesting. 8)
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Jonah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:11 pm Guys, remember, let's keep it civil and friendly. A source was provided. A secondary one granted and it's not quite a cited rumour but it's not speculation about the show either, just an aside, so it doesn't really break the rules. It's just a couple of comments about where Lynch was apparently spotted. Let's leave it at that for now, see if anything else (such as pictures of him there) comes out. No need to dwell on it more than that for now.
I hope I'm not breaking any rules! Jasper is free to make any jokes about this, I'm as wary as anyone about this info and a little humour goes a long way to alleviate any over-seriousness here. :D
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Brad had to lock the thread not long ago and things were looking to get tense again which is the last thing we need. Jokes are fine but sometimes people's feelings get hurt or they start snapping back at each other and the last time that happened, the thread really derailed. So not singling anyone out, just a reminder to everyone to try to follow the rules as laid out by Brad a few pages back and be polite/friendly to each other.

Now, let's get back to discussing Season 4 or whatever Wistera/Unrecorded Night might be.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jonah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 pm If that's how he travelled to Montana, the next season of Twin Peaks - or whatever Wisteria/Unrecorded Night is - should be especially interesting. 8)
Speaking of travel, pretty sure Lynch had his silver Hyundai in Snoqualmie for the WA shoot. It is parked at the double R in an establishing shot 😂
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Brad D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 am
Jonah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 pm If that's how he travelled to Montana, the next season of Twin Peaks - or whatever Wisteria/Unrecorded Night is - should be especially interesting. 8)
Speaking of travel, pretty sure Lynch had his silver Hyundai in Snoqualmie for the WA shoot. It is parked at the double R in an establishing shot 😂
LateReg will love this (in terms of the way it fits with his “reality invading fiction” theory of the show)!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 am
Brad D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 am
LateReg will love this (in terms of the way it fits with his “reality invading fiction” theory of the show)!
Wait, Lynch owns a Hyundai!? Hey, that makes me not feel so bad for having a Hyundai in a town where everyone and their brother drives a BMW!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Brad, give us a timestamp or episode or we'll all be searching every episode now lol. Maybe it's in a few establishing shots.