Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by LateReg »

johndaker wrote:Am I correct in thinking that all these new "behind the curtain" segments will only be on the A to Z set, and not on the "Television Collection" set? I'd really like to see them and might spring for the Television Collection if they're on there, but A to Z is too pricey given that I don't have 4K, don't care about silly packaging, and own most of the material already...
You are correct.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I was just watching the interview portion of 'Between Two Worlds' and Grace Zabriskie mentions Jack Nance on stage at USC. Was this from the early 90's? I know about the USC events from a few years ago but Jack had passed away by then.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm still trying to confirm, but someone just told me that the in-character portion of 'Between Two Worlds' is missing from 'The Television Collection. It's also missing from the Criterion edition.

Will it be on the 'Z to A' set?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm still trying to confirm, but someone just told me that the in-character portion of 'Between Two Worlds' is missing from 'The Television Collection. It's also missing from the Criterion edition.

Will it be on the 'Z to A' set?
Is BTW on the Television Collection set at all? That was on the FWWM bonus disc. Last I heard, FWWM was not part of this set, hence the name. It would be strange to include FWWM’s bonus features without the feature itself, no?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Is BTW even on 'The Television Collection' at all? I'm not sure.

Did we ever find out why the in-character portion was cut out of the Criterion Edition?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:Is BTW even on 'The Television Collection' at all? I'm not sure.

Did we ever find out why the in-character portion was cut out of the Criterion Edition?
My guess is still that CBS treated that portion as unique scripted content and charged Criterion accordingly for the potential rights, whereas the “interview” portion was negotiated at a cheaper rate, so Criterion only went for the latter? Who knows though.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Right. No FWWM stuff at all on 'The Television Collection'! Makes sense!

Well until it's confirmed that the in-character portion is on 'Z to A' it makes sense to hold on to 'The Entire Mystery'.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:Right. No FWWM stuff at all on 'The Television Collection'! Makes sense!

Well until it's confirmed that the in-character portion is on 'Z to A' it makes sense to hold on to 'The Entire Mystery'.
I have a hunch ‘Z to A’ will be the exact same discs as The Entire Mystery and the Limited Event Series sets, just with added bonus discs containing the new content. It makes the most economical sense from a production standpoint. But I agree — I never get rid of a prior release without scrupulously comparing and making sure all the features were ported over to the new release. That’s doubly true for this franchise given the history of TP releases!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I guess ultimately I'm wondering if Lynch might not be interested in having that special feature out there post S3.

Things you think about after four cups of coffee.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Here in germany the release date of the Z to A Box set got postponed from December 19 to January 23( at least that's what they say at amazon germany).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just got an email from Amazon.co.uk, indicating the set has been delayed in the UK too, switched to January.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Just got my delayed email too. Wonder what the hold up is.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

They're making Season 4 and wanted to take time to include a quick "Coming Soon" advert for it - which they shot at Twedes Cafe this week! :P :lol:
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Got my email too. There go my plans to binge the whole thing over Christmas week :(