Season 2 Deleted Scenes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Season 2 Deleted Scenes

Post by Jonah »

There weren't many on the DVDs/Blu-Rays. I know tapes were probably wiped, but has any more info (such as a comprehensive list of deleted scenes) ever surfaced?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 2 Deleted Scenes

Post by Mordeen »

The truth is out there.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i've seen outtakes of the scene where Miguel shouts 'get a life punk' as Bobby exits on you tube.
astonishes me how long that master shot is. covers the Bobby/Shelly seated and the whole Albert presentation at same table.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah, I've seen that too. Considering how long Season 2 is, I imagine there must have been dozens of deleted scenes, though a lot of them might have been discarded/taped over.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

there was some scene somewhere scripted with James' mother. cant remember if it was filmed anymore.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It was filmed. Jerry revealed that an actress named Linda Carlson played her. It was cut in season 1, then almost used in season 2 and scrapped again. As someone said, deleted TV scenes from this era were routinely erased or destroyed sadly, and likely there isn’t much beyond the few scraps that periodically pop up (often from Jerry at complete random!).
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, storing raw film dailies takes up a huge amount of space. I believe a lot of TV shows from that period that were shot on 35mm film had the negative cut, so only the finished cut is still around. if that. the rest of the raw footage may have been tossed.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

A copy was made of a master containing all the extended/alternate/deleted scenes before its was destroyed.

A DVD exists in extremely limited circulation that was ripped from the copy

The truth is out there.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Have you seen this DVD? Is the Colleen (James’s mom) scene on it?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I remember buying a DVD years ago from a tip on here from a collector. It contained stuff that has since surfaced either on Youtube or on official releases. But it was rare then as this stuff hasn't been released or circulated online then. Not sure if another DVD exists with more Season 2 stuff that has never circulated online/been released.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’m aware of two bootlegs:

A VHS (later DVD) which contains over an hour of raw footage, all from season 1. Four of these scenes ended up on the official DVDs and Blu Rays, but there are several other deleted scenes on there which have never been officially released (as well as a lot of alternate takes of scenes that did make the show).

And another VHS which is mostly random stuff of limited interest (like a seemingly endless number of alternate takes of the Earle/Briggs scene), but which does have a deleted scene of Mark as Cyril Pons, as well as the full Invitation to Love (directed by Mark).

A few other stray alternate takes have popped up over the years, often propagated by Jerry if I’m not mistaken (the Albert/Bobby scene, Coop and Hawk at the Roadhouse). I have no clue where these came from. But they’re all available on the Mauve Zone site.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I have watched it. There's more than what circulated on the internet.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Maybe I bought more than one DVD. Maybe they had more than the scenes that are online. I can't remember now. I just remember buying at least one DVD with scenes/takes on it back when I was collecting TP stuff (something I stopped several years ago). I'm not even sure where it/they are. Probably in storage somewhere with magazines and other stuff I bought. It would have been somewhere between 2007-2009.

Mr. Reindeer, are all the ones you mentioned online now - or just the ones in the last paragraph?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:51 am Maybe I bought more than one DVD. Maybe they had more than the scenes that are online. I can't remember now. I just remember buying at least one DVD with scenes/takes on it back when I was collecting TP stuff (something I stopped several years ago). I'm not even sure where it/they are. Probably in storage somewhere with magazines and other stuff I bought. It would have been somewhere between 2007-2009.

Mr. Reindeer, are all the ones you mentioned online now - or just the ones in the last paragraph?
I believe all the stuff I’m aware of is on the (super rad) Mauve Zone at this point. Or was, last time I checked.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:18 am
I believe all the stuff I’m aware of is on the (super rad) Mauve Zone at this point. Or was, last time I checked.
Thanks!