Season 2 Deleted Scenes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 2 Deleted Scenes

Post by Jonah »

Do we know if any scenes were scripted and shot but not included and/or are there many scripted scenes that weren't filmed? I still imagine there must be tons of footage from Season 2 that we never saw, whether it's all been deleted now or not or if it ever resurfaces.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I checked out a couple of the videos on the mauve zone. The one marked S2 Deleted Scenes was disappointing. It's an hour long but taking a quick scan through it and watching bits here and there, it seems to be mostly outtakes or the same footage we've already seen in the show. Is there anything new/unseen-in-the-show there? I thought maybe the Leland going outside to his car looked new, but not sure. (Edit - just checked, it's not, it's in the episode.)

Which of the videos actually has deleted, unseen-in-the-show scenes - just the ones marked S1? Overall, which are the best videos to watch here? They also play really slow on my connection for some reason which makes it harder to check them all out.
Last edited by Jonah on Mon May 03, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:59 am I checked out a couple of the videos on the mauve zone. The one marked S2 Deleted Scenes was disappointing. It's an hour long but taking a quick scan through it and watching bits here and there, it seems to be mostly outtakes or the same footage we've already seen in the show. Is there anything new/unseen-in-the-show there? I thought maybe the Leland going outside to his car looked new, but not sure.

Which of the videos actually has deleted, unseen-in-the-show scenes - just the ones marked S1? Overall, which are the best videos to watch here? They also play really slow on my connection for some reason which makes it harder to check them all out.
There’s not much from season 2. Some alternate takes but not really deleted scenes beyond what’s on the boxed set.
I think the only “bootleg” of a fully deleted S2 scene is Mark doing a bunch of takes as reporter Cyril Pons.

There is a ton in scripts, a lot of which was probably shot but is likely gone now. They’re an interesting read.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks. Is there a list of them anywhere or is it a matter of reading through the scripts?

What do you think are the best videos on the mauve zone that are worth watching? My connection is playing them very slowly, but if there's a few worth checking out, I'll try them.

Also not sure how some of them are even outtakes as such as they seem to be just direct scenes from the show playing in lower quality with no changes whatsoever? I get that's probably from the dailies or feed or whatever, but seems weird to save those in this format when it's essentially just what's in the show - but junk actual new footage/deleted scenes.

I wonder how these "outtakes" survived being wiped but the other scenes didn't.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think for what you’re looking for, the S1 Deleted Scenes video has the most true deleted scenes, although there’s also alternate takes/bloopers/etc. mixed in. Also the full Invitation to Love video is amusing if that interests you.

I think there was a definitely a thread on here at some point about stuff from the scripts that didn’t make the shows. It may have been years ago and it wasn’t a truly exhaustive list, but it’s a place to start if you can find it. I remember a lot of talk about a scene where Leland buys Maddie a specific milkshake (possibly called a brown cow?).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:18 am I remember a lot of talk about a scene where Leland buys Maddie a specific milkshake (possibly called a brown cow?).
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... cow#p32471

Found that bit anyway if you're interested!