What storylines would you have liked to have seen?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

What storylines would you have liked to have seen?

Post by Jonah »

Either back in the day during the actual run or if we had gotten a 1991/1992 or 1992/1993 season, or even in The Return?

Things I would have liked in The Return:

I would have liked to have seen more of the Annie character, even just a quick scene of her in The Return, having Norma visit her in the institution, with her staring vacantly and saying "I'm fine". Considering Heather Graham was game to return, I'm not sure why they didn't do this. Similarly, I would have liked to see a lot more of Josie and Catherine, both those storylines could have been continued in really interesting ways, separately I mean - Josie in the lodge/trapped in wood, Catherine as an old recluse. I think not including them was a missed opportunity and would have happily had the scenes of random characters in the roadhouse be excised in favour of scenes like these.

More about James and what happened to Donna. More of the hotel, particularly Cooper's old room. A reunion - even if only of sorts - with Cooper and Audrey. Maddy. And Harry of course, even if just over Skype.

I really would have liked to see what the Between Two Worlds segment hinted at for the Palmers. I know we saw some of this with Sarah's storyline, but I would have liked more of her grief. I wasn't crazy about her being a vessel for Judy but even if this was the case, would have liked it to have been handled differently - that she became open to Judy and/or other spirits, perhaps through the painting upstairs Laura left behind, from the lodge, rather than the bug thing in her childhood (if that was even her). But just in general, I was quite intrigued by the dialogue in the Between Two Worlds piece and feel it wasn't really brought into the show. I also liked the idea of aging spirits, and again didn't really find that part was touched upon.

If they had been picked up back in the day:

I think seeing Cooper's Doppleganger going around town would have been very interesting and spooky.

Harry and co. rescuing good Cooper from the black lodge - a real bookhouse boys adventure meets supernatural storyline. Cheesy but amazing at the same time.

-

In either one, a version where Laura is actually brought back to life and returns to the town, shocking everyone, or not being noticed by most people (if 25 years later) as the town had moved on, apart from a handful of people. An iconic dead character coming back to life would be really cool even if they played it in a more sidelined way. Perhaps a future continuation with Carrie Page could explore this (to some extent).

Probably a lot more but those are the main things I thought of for now!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: What storylines would you have liked to have seen?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Original series - I think the Pilot was rather stunning in it's cinematic scope, the full high school classroom, mill full of workers, the busy hospital. it felt like a real northwest mill town, and was so rich with occupants never to be seen again when they moved to more confined sound stage work.
I would love to have seen more of Principal Wolchezk, the homeroom teacher, Bobby's mustached football coach,
Harriet Hayward, the mill workers, Ronnette Pulaski's dad, etc.

The Return - I would like to have seen at least a scene between Bobby Briggs and Mike Nelson talking about Becky's husband,
since they now middle aged straight and narrow, woulda been a good way to show passage of time, circle of life etc.

I was hoping for one scene maybe with Hawk asking Norma about Annie, and maybe Norma telling Hawk she doesn't have a sister, I think that
woulda helped clear up the continuity gap with the Frost book, and how Lana was the winner of Miss Twin Peaks.
Hawk could then wonder then who Annie was, maybe he onlyo ne who remembers, maybe a lure into the black lodge all along, or something, and left it ambiguous.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think there was a scene in one of the scripts where Windom Earle or an unknown masked man was sneaking around outside the Hayward house with the Hayward mother and sisters inside. Would have liked scenes like this and more of the Hayward sisters, Harriet especially, in general.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

how's Annie?
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

I would like to have seen a few scenes between Ben and Sylvia Horne. Their marriage seemed under pressure but they were apparently still together through Ben's arrest and Civil War breakdown. Seeing how the rest of the Horne family reacted to Audrey's disappearance would've been good too.

"Sylvia, I told you to stay home!"
"I've been home since the day of Laura's funeral, Ben!"