Which of these characters that didn't appear in The Return do you think could appear in a future season?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which of these characters that didn't appear in The Return do you think could appear in the future?

Sheriff Harry S. Truman
3%
Donna Hayward
10%
Josie Packard
3%
Catherine Martell
6%
Annie Blackburn
10%
Windom Earle
6%
Leo Johnson
3%
Harriet Hayward
3%
Maddy Ferguson
10%
Eileen Hayward
3%
Ronette Pulaski
13%
LMFAP or other Lodge entity or other character that changed in The Return but might go back to their original form (explain in comments)
No votes
Selena Swift (actress from "Invitation to Love")
No votes
Evelyn Marsh
No votes
Dick Tremayne
6%
Little Nicky
No votes
Chester Desmond
10%
Sam Stanley
6%
Lil the Dancer
6%
Other (s) (mention in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 31
Jonah
Global Moderator

Which of these characters that didn't appear in The Return do you think could appear in a future season?

Post by Jonah »

You can pick more than one. Select all that apply. Don't click on the ones you think won't be back. There were only 20 options allowed so tried to cover all bases, though some characters may be missing.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun May 02, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Which of these characters that didn't appear in The Return do you think could appear in a future season?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Sheryl Lee as Maddie Ferguson in alt universe could be interesting.

I would like to have seen more of Ronnette Pulaski, and her father, and the working class mill community in general.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Which of these characters that didn't appear in The Return do you think could appear in a future season?

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:45 pm Sheryl Lee as Maddie Ferguson in alt universe could be interesting.

I would like to have seen more of Ronnette Pulaski, and her father, and the working class mill community in general.
Oops - I had to make some edits to the poll and it seems to have wiped the votes, so you might have to submit your votes again.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I think Annie Blackburn and Ronette Pulaski have a chance of reappearing, or at least being mentioned. I think Ronette might reappear, since Phoebe Augustine was in The Return, so Lynch was already willing to call her again, and her story is potentially altered in the new timeline, so it would make sense if she reconnected with Laura. The same goes for Maddy Ferguson.

I think the characters from Fire Walk with Me have the biggest chance for reappearing, especially Chester Desmond, and I am also giving a vote to Dick Tremayne, because why not? Lynch could surprise us! (And he is the one to say Gotta light? in the original series, coincidentally or not :D)

I would like to see Sheriff Harry S. Truman the best, and I think that would have a lot of sense thematically, but I really don't think it could happen.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)