Posters

Discussion of Blue Velvet

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Posters

Post by Annie »

Just for fun, I went to eBay to see if they had old Blue Velvet posters, and they have some BRAND NEW ones! It didn't say if they were sealed in a vault, but the picture looks like the one on the cover of the latest Special Edition DVD.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

They sell posters on amazon.com. I think I found a link to a company that sells movie posters there too. I have several movie posters up on my walls. I want a Blue Velvet, a Mulholland Dr. and a Kill Bill! Just in case anyone remembers my birthday.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Spook

Post by Spook »

I bought a Blue Velvet lobby card set but I've no idea if it's really authentic. Of course they said so in the auction details but they look suspiciously new to me.
Anybody see the BV prop somebody was selling a couple of years ago on eBay? It was a prop leg used in the drug bust, shoot out scene with the hooker with a broken leg. Man, I wish I had've had the money at the time. $300 with certificate of authentication. :?
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Incase anyone doesn't know, movieposter.com is a good place for Blue Velvet posters. They don't have much, but they do have a couple of originals & the rest are re-prints, but they are all cool anyway. I'd love to buy the original's, but I just don't have the money to buy them unfortunately.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Those originals are great, Hank! Now I need to learn how to post pictures in here. We need one of those posters on this thread. Thanks!
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Annie,
Just for you...

Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Awwww gee, moviemaker--thanks! :D
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Thats a great poster right there, moviemaker. The other one I quite like is the one with the neon light like font. Just looks quite creepy. As does the one that has Isabella Rossellini's face on the side.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

I like the poster with Kyle holding Isabella. It's a beautiful image...flowing, sensual, and mysterious.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I searched for the official movie poster for this, but it wouldn't let me make a copy. I assume you mean this pose for the DVD.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

Yep, that's the one :D I think Isabella's eyes make the poster. They tell you that there is more going on here than...well, meets the eye :lol: