Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by enumbs »

“Two words sticking out the most for me in the article: IF TRUE.”

It is definitely true that Lynch’s has said he would have been working on a film or TV show if not for the pandemic. It is definitely true that Lynch has made copyright filings recently. It is definitely true that a Lynch project has been listed in trade publications. It is definitely true that the Lynch account liked a post by MacLachlan obviously alluding to the rumoured title of the project.

But I suppose negativity should be expected from someone who saw Lynch’s expression of gratitude to his followers as confirmation he’d never work again and would probably soon drop dead.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

@enumbs:

You can say anything you want; I'll continue to call Lynch's latest stunt as I continue to see it - trolling.

You can also label my dubiousness regarding the future Lynch productions as "negativity"; I call it simple fact-checking. I'd been suckered in one time too many to simply "believe".
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

But it’s not fact-checking. It’s closer to conspiracy-theorising really, the flip side of people scrutinising the songs Lynch mentions in his weather reports for tenuous connections to Twin Peaks.

For your theory to be true, Lynch, Sutherland and MacLachlan would need to be taking part in an elaborate ploy involving production journals and Intellectual property holdings - and all for nothing more than their own amusement. Beyond anything else, it’s rather silly and narcissistic to think that they’d be so deeply invested in toying with the likes of us.
Last edited by enumbs on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Be sensible.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well, we'll just have to wait and see what'll come out if it in the end. No sense in arguing about it.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's true that arguing is the second favorite pastime on this board.

- Mordeen

Edit: Phone Autocorrect Ignorance
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

@Agent Earle
"Well, we'll just have to wait and see what'll come out if it in the end"

batsg wkwow

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Just reading through this page and I am very perplexed as to why there would be any argument in the first place. Agent Earle writes 'let's not argue' after creating the argument in the first place.

Its a shame that there are people like Agent Earle here who have no insights of their own so the only way to gain attention is declaring that the entirety of #Wisteria is some sort of trolling stunt and that Lynch will be dropping dead soon anyway. Even Windom Earle himself would have more class than to stoop to those levels.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the Glazer post does seem to indicate something is happening, I'm less skeptical than I was a week ago.
unless it turns out she is on set doing a corporate video about HR regulations or something unrelated.

I dont have a problem with Agent Earle still being a skeptic. I doubt he has a cloud of negative energy that could ruin everything.

that article isn't any masterpiece of journalism, and I think it's from november, 2020..
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Contrary to NormoftheAndes, you see, who has all the information about the Lynch universe there is to have and has been known for his close associations with Lynch & Frost productions, their friends and relatives, Sabrina Sutherland, Showtime people etc. far and wide. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd turn out to be Lynch himself!
Last edited by Agent Earle on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Norm: One of the rules of this board is no personal attacks on other users. I’ve voiced my distaste for the ghoulish speculation on Lynch’s health (or perceived/imagined lack thereof), but that aside, while I often disagree with Earle, I always enjoy engaging with him. If you don’t enjoy someone’s style or personality, it’s easy enough to ignore them.

These are trying times for everyone, let’s be civil.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

"One of the rules of this board is no personal attacks on other users."

Seconded.

- Mordeen

Edit: Added seconded.
Moving Through Time. . .
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Heck, I am sorry for any personal attacks on 'Earle.'

He thinks he knows who I am beyond this board as indicated in his last message. I don't see that as a fair way of conducting onself here either.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

If Wisteria is Twin Peaks related, and they are actually preparing to begin filming, tomorrow would be the perfect date to announce it. April 8, 2021: 31 year Anniversary of the Pilot.

Just saying!
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

In fairness your behaviour was a little wild and woolly too, Norm.