Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cappy
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Cappy »

All the chatter about a Peaks season set in the 50s brings back memories of those old rumors for BOB's origin: that he was somehow created (or conjured) by the original airing of that episode of "I Love Lucy" where Lucy gives birth.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Histeria wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:46 pm How much of this did we see in The Return and how much might we potentially see in a 50s series should it transpire?

What’s the story behind the creamed corn planet where BOB and Mike want to return? Who came up with that, and why the creamed corn, why Garmonbozia? The Gamonbozia kind of seemed like coffee to those creatures.

Engles:

(Laughs) Yes, I bet it is. That’s David’s idea, it might be David and Mark, I shouldn’t say just David, but I found out that the planet covered with creamed corn was David. I think in the original, original draft, there was this whole thing from 1954. I’d have to go look it up to be sure, but there was this whole thing that took place, the inauguration night of [President] Eisenhower. There were insects on this kitchen table, and somehow the Garmonbozia was there (chuckles), or the corn was there. If my memory serves me correctly, we got that idea because I think it’s Eisenhower’s inauguration, they actually stop the inauguration ball for a half hour, because it was the same night that on I Love Lucy where she had her baby. That was the episode, so everything stopped, so the world stopped. So maybe that’s what we were thinking (laughs), there’s a journey. But the Gamonbozia, David explained that to me. It did have something to do with, the only way you could get there was going backwards. Because that’s why Mike talks backwards, I thought that, I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I can’t remember if this was for an episode or maybe the movie, but we planned this long tracking shot of Sheriff Truman driving backwards, because that’s how you could get to the planet, or the area, which we never did.
Yep, Histeria mentioned that very same interview a couple of pages back.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Uhm have a look at the David Lynch Theatre insta story. First time there's been one.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:50 am Uhm have a look at the David Lynch Theatre insta story. First time there's been one.
Can you say what it is? I don't have an account and can't see it on browser.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:58 am
Histeria wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:50 am Uhm have a look at the David Lynch Theatre insta story. First time there's been one.
Can you say what it is? I don't have an account and can't see it on browser.
I don't, either. Got it from here:
https://insta-stories.online/davidlynchtheater1

Also, another 50s song mention today.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Don't see anything. Just

"Here you can anonymously watch and download davidlynchtheater1 stories, highlights and publications without registration, from your phone or computer."
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I'm not seeing a story on that profile, just the latest post is a still of Percy Faith and it's a link to today's Weather Report, where David mentions him. Perhaps it was deleted?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Click the profile picture with the glowing ring.

Omg they deleted it!

It was a huge green screen with Cooper up hoisted up around 20m in the air and his face hidden out of frame (presumably from S3's shoot)

Sycamore Tree was playing and the words "I GOT IDEA MAN" faded into the screen as they were being sung.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Sabrina posted that picture on her insta the other day.

That's an interesting addition though. Especially if it was deleted. Hmm.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

sneakydave wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:19 am Sabrina posted that picture on her insta the other day.
Oh thank fudge for that. With how this has all gone, it wouldn't have taken long for me to start doubting if I saw what I thought I saw :D
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

bob_wooler wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:39 am Very excited about a 50's scenario kind of prequel. BUT, I hope he's not going for a full black&white thing. It worked on Eraserhead/Elephant Man, it will not work on a full Peaks season (although I loved it as a gimmick for part 8 ).
Don't think it necessarily would be. The 50s were quite colourful... and you'd think colour would show off wisteria?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think Sabrina probably just posted it on the wrong instagram, doubt there's any more to it than that, though admittedly the "I have an idea man" part gave me a slight flicker in the fanboy speculation part of my brain.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Histeria wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:04 am Click the profile picture with the glowing ring.

Omg they deleted it!

It was a huge green screen with Cooper up hoisted up around 20m in the air and his face hidden out of frame (presumably from S3's shoot)

Sycamore Tree was playing and the words "I GOT IDEA MAN" faded into the screen as they were being sung.
This is definitely interesting. I wonder why it was deleted? Maybe it was just some hint or they were not happy with how it came out?
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:31 am I think Sabrina probably just posted it on the wrong instagram
Sure but even if so, she still would have posted it somewhere.

It was deleted within minutes of me viewing it and a minute of posting the whether report) so your shout is a good one. But even if so, it would have been on her own profile, right?

Shame it wasn't because we'd have more to chew on after if deleted from there. The fact it was on the theater one just adds another layer of ambiguity. If it was her own and it was deleted then why? It's not like they've ever shown to mind if people misinterpret them as TP hints, so why would this be breaking point?
Last edited by Histeria on Thu May 27, 2021 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Sabrina's instagram is just a photo though, not the one with music. So its not a mistake, maybe she just thought it was too suggestive on the Lynch Theater.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.