Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Cappy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:40 pm TP always looks and feels like a town of 5,000 people to me. Maybe Ben Horne made up the 50,000 number to attract investors for Ghostwood?
i like this theory
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ickles wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:38 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CPcKeLWnFjc ... =copy_link

(for those who can't or don't feel like opening the link, Kimmy Robertson posted what looks like a wisteria plant)
She's a true blue gal.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ickles wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:38 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/CPcKeLWnFjc ... =copy_link

(for those who can't or don't feel like opening the link, Kimmy Robertson posted what looks like a wisteria plant)
Ha. I had just posted a gif of her on the previous page during a makeshift "is it happening again?" type meme.
Jonah wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:19 am Image

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Kimmy was also the one who said there was more news coming not long after The Return was released. I think she hinted at Comic Con that there was more TP coming as if she'd been told there was. But, still, most evidence points to a new show or a tangential TP, not a full Season 4, unless we've been wrong about that. She could also just be joining in and having fun.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I specifically recall Kimmy Robertson coming out and saying she doesn't know anything about any new David Lynch production a while ago - I think it was during the initial post-HHM's famous tweet flurry of on-line speculation and guessing (in late 2019, just before Covid turned the world upside down). That could have changed in the meantime, of course, but somehow I doubt it.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Sabrina liking Kimmy's Wisteria-post is yet another reason to be optimistic. That being said, Kimmy does seem to post a lot of flower photos.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Agent Earle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:01 am I specifically recall Kimmy Robertson coming out and saying she doesn't know anything about any new David Lynch production a while ago - I think it was during the initial post-HHM's famous tweet flurry of on-line speculation and guessing (in late 2019, just before Covid turned the world upside down). That could have changed in the meantime, of course, but somehow I doubt it.
The thing is, can we really trust anything Kimmy says? No, we can't. Not at all! Not one bit.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

Aren't the cast still under NDAs? I seem to remember reading in multiple places, just after The Return aired, that the main cast all signed 10-year NDAs (expiring in 2026?), forbidding them to talk about anything other than what is seen on-screen or just behind the scenes anecdotes. I remember some pretty lively discussions about this, especially when Kimmy said something at that Convention/Festival panel that hinted there was more coming or in the works. I might be remembering this wrong, but I think it was Harry Goaz or James Marshall who kind of told her to stop and think about what she was about to say. The cast in those situations are left to police each other, like the Hawk-Andy hush photo.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Horse, Robertson , a lot of them were very loudly saying they got phone calls in 2014 from Lynch asking them to come back.

i think the NDA's just were not to disclose IP/story details until the air date.
Last edited by JackwithOneEye on Sat May 29, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the 10 year NDA. seems to come from this Johanna Ray interview -

https://soundcloud.com/user-301352257/a ... ohanna-ray
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

around 32:00 - Ray mentions the 10 year NDA. she's vague on what the terms/limitations of the NDA, but that it has a million dollar penalty.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

Thank you! I knew I'd heard it was 10 years somewhere--and that it was sort of an unusual thing that it was so long. I would imagine that most would expire after a few years or once the project was done. But 10 years? They knew production on The Return wouldn't take that long, so there must have been a reason for a decades worth of silence.
FYI, the Eugene Comic Con Panel with Kimmy, Harry, James, and Sherlyn: https://youtu.be/yjub64IT-1Q?t=710 (Kimmy's aborted story @ 11:54).
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:55 am
Agent Earle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:01 am I specifically recall Kimmy Robertson coming out and saying she doesn't know anything about any new David Lynch production a while ago - I think it was during the initial post-HHM's famous tweet flurry of on-line speculation and guessing (in late 2019, just before Covid turned the world upside down). That could have changed in the meantime, of course, but somehow I doubt it.
The thing is, can we really trust anything Kimmy says? No, we can't. Not at all! Not one bit.
Well if we're trusting her when she's hinting in a different direction...
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Johanna Ray herself seems a bit baffled on the 10 year NDA, she calls it 'ridiculous' at one point in there.

But yeah, it does stand to reason if it's 10 years, there is some sort of knowledge about story ideas for
potential sequels / spin offs covered by it.

Dunno what else the NDA could be protecting the disclosure of ?

The BTS of TP TR is pretty transparent, Lynch allowed himself to be shown angry and upset in several bits.
Terrance Malick wouldn't even let there be footage of him on the set in some BTS's in the past.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

I think it's safe to assume it was 10 years in case of future seasons/spin-offs/movies...I really can't justify it any other way. I haven't watched all the BTS stuff, but I would bet anything if there was accidentally said on camera that was meant to be secret, it would have been cut out.