Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Ickles »

Amy Shiels/Candie teasing her "new project" some more: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPtE7_3ljn0 ... =copy_link
branvol

Post by branvol »

Perhaps she's gotten a part in the next season of In Treatment?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Helloooo Sabrina?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jasper wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:37 pm
Mordeen wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:27 pm iiha_urn_2021.png

- Mordeen
Just going by memory, the line is something like, "But something's happening, isn't it, Margaret?"
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Histeria wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:08 am
I'd assume Trent Reznor is the natural choice to take over if that's the case.
I literally would not watch it if this was true.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:47 pm

- Mordeen
He’s done some great scores!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:47 pm

- Mordeen
Hmmmmmm.

While I get that the majority of his scores are not really Lynchian, and I can't imagine the existing, propulsively rhythmic scores soundtracking a Lynch film, he's always been a great composer and arranger, and he's considered arguably the greatest texturalist of modern popular music...an aspect that wholly fits right in with Lynch's soundscapes.

That said, his recent scores for Soul and Mank are diverse and both display a range and ability to take directorial cues to adapt to the material; for Gone Girl, Fincher told him to envision the score as the sound of artificially peaceful music heard in spas curdling and unraveling...and I think he succeeded in conjuring that queasy sound exactly. A slight adjustment of the Mank score could easily fit within certain, old-timey areas of Lynchland, such as the Fireman's place.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I could see an ambient, possibly heavily drone-based, score fitting with the mood of Part 18, if Lynch did plan to continue that mood into the new show.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:45 pm I could see an ambient, possibly heavily drone-based, score fitting with the mood of Part 18, if Lynch did plan to continue that mood into the new show.
Yeah I can definitely see that. 80% of The Return's "score" was really sound design, too. Speaking of which, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Dean Hurley moved? Would that affect his and Lynch's working relationship? Probably not, but at the same time it may open up an avenue for different contributors.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I liked the soundtrack for Watchmen - particularly some of the tracks in the pilot.

regarding musicians not named Angelo who have created original music for Lynch -
I really like some of the work Brian Eno and Toto did for Dune - particularly Chani's theme is quite beautiful with the wind chimes.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 am WOW JASPER WOW. My socks are on fire. That is quite something. I never knew of this song.
It’s great. It gives us wind blowing through the sycamore right out of the gate, and the detail that when the singer/narrator closed her eyes, “lullabies sang through that old Sycamore tree.” The motif of the wind in the tree is consistent, as we’re told that she heard “the night wind sighing” through the tree.

Then we have the birds singing specifically pretty songs in the tree.

Though the tree is essentially a positive symbol of escape from the mundane world, it’s surreal and even somewhat creepy when the narrator declares her intent to soon disappear forever into the wind-blown sycamore that’s apparently situated right outside of her bedroom window. The narrator's reported experience with closing her eyes and hearing "lullabies" sing through the tree, along with the night wind sighing, places many of these impressions relating to the tree in the liminal space between waking consciousness and dreams.
Last edited by Jasper on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:08 pm I liked the soundtrack for Watchmen - particularly some of the tracks in the pilot.

regarding musicians not named Angelo who have created original music for Lynch -
I really like some of the work Brian Eno and Toto did for Dune - particularly Chani's theme is quite beautiful with the wind chimes.
And Reznor is certainly a student of Eno.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jasper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 pm
Soolsma wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 am WOW JASPER WOW. My socks are on fire. That is quite something. I never knew of this song.
It’s great. It gives us wind blowing through the sycamore right out of the gate, and the detail that when the singer/narrator closed her eyes, “lullabies sang through that old Sycamore tree.” The motif of the wind in the tree is consistent, as we’re told that she heard “the night wind sighing” through the tree.

Though the tree is essentially a positive symbol of escape from the mundane world, it’s surreal and even somewhat creepy when the narrator declares her intent to soon disappear forever into the wind-blown sycamore that’s apparently situated right outside of her bedroom window. The narrator's reported experience with closing her eyes and hearing "lullabies" sing through the tree, along with the night wind sighing, places many of these impressions relating to the tree in the liminal space between waking consciousness and dreams.
Awesome description!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

LateReg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:18 pm
Jasper wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Awesome description!

Thanks. Something about sycamores seems to make writers go dreamy, windy and nocturnal.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

"The" Nine Inch Nails was the Wally Brando moment of Part 8 for me. I have a harsh opinion of the Two Inch Tacks dating back to their popularity in origin. But, as far as opinions go, everybody gets one and that's mine. It would be a deal breaker for me.
two_inch_tacks_garbage.jpg
two_inch_tacks_garbage.jpg (32.98 KiB) Viewed 6934 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .