Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

No worries - I thought maybe you didn't see it as it was a post at the bottom of the page! Thanks for the links.

Edit - that first link is the one I was referring to that I remembered. People thought the fact that he wasn't on cam meant he was travelling to or on location somewhere.

So anyone know anymore about this guy or how reliable he is? I see he's a podcaster and writes for Fangoria. Impressive. But does have a proven track record of leaks/rumours/known sources? Anyone know more?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
waspballoon

Post by waspballoon »

Jonah wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:05 am Welcome to the board, WB. How credible is that guy when he posts rumours? Haven't heard of him before.
Thank you. Long time lurker, first time poster. He used to write for the now defunct but once reputable film blog Birth.Movies.Death., formerly Badass Digest. He now hosts a Steven King podcast which often features people in the film industry and occasionally writes for Fangoria. Obviously I can't vouch for who or what prompted his tweet but he does have connections.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks for filling me in guys. Has our old friend cantiwheit (sic) (username spelled wrong) been saying anything?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:39 am Thanks for filling me in guys. Has our old friend cantiwheit (sic) been saying anything?
Nope. He only really (and rarely) posts the criterion collection sub and I presume his info was at Netflix. If that's no longer a thing then he may no longer have any access.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Where’s Brad, Jerry, and Mordeen. We need our lead detectives on the case.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm sure they'll be here in time. Right now I'm manning this ship solo. :)

I have to say - while this tweet is interesting and it's the first real potentially exciting tidbit we've had in ages on this thread, I'd feel a lot more excited if this news was coming from a TP insider or someone who is known for releasing credible leaks online. Not to knock the guy - his creds are legit and I'm sure he has heard something, it's just difficult to know from whom or where. Nevertheless, this thread needed a boost - so by all means, let's keep speculating and hoping this is actually something, though last we heard (from Brad and others) nothing was happening so let's also keep that in mind too.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I would continue to take rumors with a powder keg of salt.

Based on a convo from early ‘21 with one of the tippy toppy folks, one of the few that would really know, more TP would “take a miracle.” All I’m saying is to guard and protect your TP hearts. (Shooting the messenger optional.)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Brad D wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:56 am All I’m saying is to guard and protect your TP hearts. (Shooting the messenger optional.)
Sorely needed. I don't thing we can really take another emotional nose-dive like after the Netflix deal was scrapped.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:06 am I just wanted to note that I messaged a fellow member of this board just before. I heard we were gonna hear something today.
In how many hours?
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

krishnanspace wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:02 pm
DougieJones wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:06 am I just wanted to note that I messaged a fellow member of this board just before. I heard we were gonna hear something today.
In how many hours?
I was referring to the tweet posted on the last page. However there might be more coming.
"Jade give two rides."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Oh..got it
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Taking a step back, how do we know there was a real Netflix deal that was inked? Or that it was ever close to production? Even Deming’s comment felt like it could be speculation, led off with the caveat “I think.” Showtime announced season three without any legal commitment from Lynch, after all. Maybe I am jaded or calloused from years of rumor, delay, and shenanigans… but with all things Lynch and/or TP, seeing is believing for me. And I’ve seen diddly squat.