Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

I read some of Aftab's film criticism the other day, and he seems to be a rather poor writer. His behaviour last week was quite attention-seeking and trollish, and today he's been liking a bunch of tweets criticising him. An odd duck.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, I hear ya enumbs. This past weekend, I read a whole bunch of Aftab's reviews , articles, interviews.
They aren't too detailed film criticism wise, or anything too expansive journalism wise.
They tend to be pretty brief pieces.
At least what I saw.

I listened to an interview with him on you tube, where he was asked how he got his start, something about he was a student and wanted to win free tickets to see Tranispotting in the 90's, he had to win a contest by writing a review I think.
I was trying to just figure out his favorite tv show, and it was rough going...
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:40 pm yeah, I hear ya enumbs. This past weekend, I read a whole bunch of Aftab's reviews , articles, interviews.
They aren't too detailed film criticism wise, or anything too expansive journalism wise.
They tend to be pretty brief pieces.
At least what I saw.

I listened to an interview with him on you tube, where he was asked how he got his start, something about he was a student and wanted to win free tickets to see Tranispotting in the 90's, he had to win a contest by writing a review I think.
I was trying to just figure out his favorite tv show, and it was rough going...
Glad I'm not the only one doing this kind of stuff for the many dubious leads we've had over the last year.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I'm taking the Lynch denial at face value. Seems pretty clear to me.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Histeria wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:36 pm
enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:33 pm "But there’ll be something new from somebody else. It wasn’t me, though. It isn’t me.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
New Lavid Dynch film at Cannes confirmed.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Metamorphia wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:19 pm
Is it conceivable Dern could have a role in Spielberg's film with Lynch? Maybe they filmed together? Dern has connections to both of them obviously.

It's the fact Variety literally called Lynch's role in Fabelmans as a secret that has me a bit suspicious.
Definitely possible. The story Steven Spielberg tells about meeting John Ford, has a secretary in it, who made him wait before introducing him to Ford as a teenager. The secretary could be played by Laura Dern.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Lynch shooting in his backyard isn’t unprecedented, though. The Rabbits web series and portions of INLAND EMPIRE were literally shot in his backyard. The majority of the first act of Lost Highway was shot at one of his houses, which “played” the house Fred and Renee live in. He owns three adjacent houses that are equipped with all sorts of equipment for creating art, including film. I don’t know why people are acting like it’s such a bitter pill to swallow that Lynch might have shot in secret, when he did so in secret for three years on INLAND EMPIRE. I’ve prided myself on being a resident skeptic when everyone was analyzing photos of flowers, but this current wave of rumors feels the most real to me to date. Hell, it’s the first time Lynch himself has been compelled to issue a denial instead of just ignoring the talk. That in and of itself says something.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ickles wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:01 pm
enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:33 pm "But there’ll be something new from somebody else. It wasn’t me, though. It isn’t me.”
Source?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

He hasn't even issued a denial, in the strict sense of the term. Not in the proactive way of issuing statements via Twitter or Sabrina.

He's doing the press rounds for Inland Empire's new theatrical run and it happened to coincide with the Variety story. He was asked about it in those interviews and had to respond on the spot.

The interviews are all very short. It means the junket had a very small window each to conduct the interviews. Some press tours cut slots to five minutes each, with a queue of critics and reporters walking in and out of the hotel room for hours on end.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:06 pm

Source?
Either this is also a joke going over my head but mine was intended to be also! Just joking that we'll hear an announcement of a project from an obvious pseudonym for Lynch.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ickles wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:11 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:06 pm

Source?
Either this is also a joke going over my head but mine was intended to be also! Just joking that we'll hear an announcement of a project from an obvious pseudonym for Lynch.
Heh. I’m on edge, sorry. Completely missed the joke.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jordan Ruimy:

“David Lynch’s Wisteria might be the opening night film at Cannes 75”

He references an article from a French publication.

https://twitter.com/mrruimy/status/1513 ... vbT6W68J1Q
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, I read the joke is that he releasing a film under a nom de plume, Lavid Dynch.
I believe Bill Plympton the animator, once made a satirical abstract animation under a nom de plume to make fun of abstract films he saw at animation festivals and viewed as pretentious, and he submitted it around to see if it would get in.

I suppose always possible Lynch wanted to be really meta or whatever and submitted something from Gordon Cole or another identity.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

If this is Twin Peaks and Gordon Cole says the beautiful blue skies line he will go down as the biggest troll in history.

He definitely submitted it under the Gordon Cole name didn’t he.
"Jade give two rides."
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Or Sabrina showed him the social media kerfuffle and he quickly re-submitted the film under the name "Harley Frost"