Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

The issues with the sound mix are real shame. I remember thinking how amazing, loud, and intricate the sound mix was in theaters. The laser disc (yes I had that) actually featured the correct audio.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Yup. I actually burned my laserdisc to DVD and will watch that on occasion instead of the DVD. I also have the Blu-ray that MK2 put out but never had a chance to get a region-free Blu-ray player.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

dugpa wrote:Yup. I actually burned my laserdisc to DVD and will watch that on occasion instead of the DVD. I also have the Blu-ray that MK2 put out but never had a chance to get a region-free Blu-ray player.
Doesn't the laserdisc have problems as well? I haven't fired it up in a couple of years, but I seem to recall the aspect ratio was wrong. Am I misremembering?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

jmichael wrote:
dugpa wrote:Yup. I actually burned my laserdisc to DVD and will watch that on occasion instead of the DVD. I also have the Blu-ray that MK2 put out but never had a chance to get a region-free Blu-ray player.
Doesn't the laserdisc have problems as well? I haven't fired it up in a couple of years, but I seem to recall the aspect ratio was wrong. Am I misremembering?
Yes- there were definitely some framing issues with the laserdisc. I sure hope all is corrected for the eventual blue ray.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Yes. The framing that New Line did on the US laserdisc was disgraceful.
history_imageld2.jpg
history_imageld2.jpg (14.13 KiB) Viewed 8416 times
The Japanese was a little better and that was the one I transferred to DVD.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Me and a friend watched his copy of FWWM on VHS years ago (must have been about 8 or so), and i remember being able to clearly see the microphone poking in at the top of the screen in a couple of shots. It was crazy. :lol:
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

The MK2 Bluray has probably the best audio mix (and video, I would argue) of all FWWM releases. But I really do hope Warner does a special edition/Bluray next year for 20-year anniversary.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

hopesfall wrote:Me and a friend watched his copy of FWWM on VHS years ago (must have been about 8 or so), and i remember being able to clearly see the microphone poking in at the top of the screen in a couple of shots. It was crazy. :lol:
Its been ages since I've seen the film on VHS- but if I'm not mistaken, I think it was presented "open matte" so that it was full screen. Meaning you are actually seeing more picture at the top and bottom than you were meant to see- which sometimes results in things being in the shot like the occasional boom mic.
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

I wonder when we might get to see a bundle on the Dance Of The Dream Man riffs? Perhaps with the percussion from Audrey and her first intro in the pilot - or the version when Coop wakes in the Great Northern in ep 2, or the fast paced percussion that accompanies Albert's arrival at the sherriff's station?
More goodies to come...?
"And your blood may have Laura's .. fingerprints on it.."
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Hoping for a B-U-N-D-L-E tonight.

Current preferences are Ben's Civil War Bundle or FWWM Intercourse Between Two Worlds Bundle.

I have bought and will buy everything - this is not a complaint - I want it all- but I will be the first to admit that I get more excited about unreleased tracks in any form more than different versions of songs that are already released. :?

What do you want tonight if you had the pick of the litter?
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Slow speed 2 or civil war bundle!
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I would still like:

- The fast version of "Audrey's Dance" that plays in the pilot when Bobby and Shelly are driving ("it's happy hour in France")
- That version of "Dance of the Dream Man" when Cooper is hanging upside down in Episode 1
- Hank's theme
- John Justice Wheeler's theme
- Ben's Civil War music
- The Invitation to Love music

But I will gladly buy whatever they post, quite honestly. :) I can truthfully say that I really have just about every track from the show/FWWM that I could have ever wanted to own now, so whatever we get from here on out is just the icing on top, as far as I'm concerned.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

I think it's going to be a bundle too. Fingers crossed. Slow Speed Bundle #2 would be awesome. I'd also love a Bookhouse Boys bundle (with Hank Jennings Theme included too).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

If they stick to their alternating pattern of single then bundle releases, then tonight should be a bundle.

I guess obvious bundle choices that are left would include: Civil War bundle, Milford Wedding bundle, Slow/Half Speed bundle 2, and an Invitation To Love bundle.

But right now I think the one track I want most would be John Justice Wheeler's Theme.

I'd also love a James bundle with:
James & Evelyn
Evelyne's Mourning
Just You (Instrumental)
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

FWWM slow-speed orchestra bundle!!