I Want You Rockin' Back inside my heart...

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

I Want You Rockin' Back inside my heart...

Post by Brad D »

why, WHY does donna have to lip synch this to james during the most intense sequence of the series. i just cant keep a straight face when this is on screen. does this grind anyone else's gears?

*edit* - ok - this scene has grown on me immensely. i've had a change of heart since 2007. just for the record...but Donna is still lame.
Last edited by Brad D on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Firstly, its *rockin'* back inside my heart. Which I'm sure makes it even worse for you. I have to say that I love the whole sequence, including Donna and James. I think it's cute and goofy and just a bit dreamy.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'll up the ante by saying this entire episode is pitch perfect. Nothing about the Roadhouse scene rubbed me the wrong way. One of the best endings too (In a show full of great endings)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I think this is one of Donna's greatest moments in the whole series. No, really!

When Donna becomes suave and lipsynchs to express emotion, it's not that far from Bobby Briggs realizing something is wrong a little later. The spirit world is speaking through Julee Cruise who is speaking to Donna and Bobby. And those things put together make the scene the closest we get to a Red Room outside of the Lodge.

I wish Donna and James had had more scenes like this.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

To me, Donna is one of the indicators, along with others, of the change in atmosphere happening in the Roadhouse. First she is flirting with James by singing along with 'Rockin back inside my heart' [happy], then after the Giant stops time to tell Cooper 'It's happening again', time starts again, this time with no singing, just a melancholy music and Donna in tears[sad]. So when she is singing, it is to impress on us her state of mind at that point, compared with how it is later.

So I feel it is an essential part of the scene.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

I love this scene, the songs a cracker and it makes me laugh without fail. Its classic Twin Peaks.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

I gotta say... I love it when Donna sings along to Rockin' Back Inside My Heart! One of my favorite scenes as well. Donna's subsequent crying is so heartbreaking --especially given what she's reacting to. It's all quite devastating in the most effective way.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

It's a wonderfully sweet moment between the two young lovers before we're hit with the horror. That, and when Donna grabs her wrist when Laura's death is revealed must be two of my favorite moments of acting in the whole series. :)
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Lara Flynn Boyle was always one of the show's best weepers (with Madchen Amick). But I always found it a little annoying that for all of her crying at school in the pilot (and her facial expressions/sounds are totally convincing), it doesn't look like there are any actual tears. Am I crazy?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

it looks like i stand alone :( even in general i am not a big fan of donna or james ( he was ok in the first season ) so that probably adds to my rage :twisted:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Don't worry Brad, i'm a big fan of Richard Tremayne, so i know what it's like to stand alone!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Don't worry Brad, i'm a big fan of Richard Tremayne, so i know what it's like to stand alone!
Ian is perfect as Dick. And like most actors in TP, he'll probably never get a better role.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Cooper - "And do you still like this... Dick?"

Dick Tremayne is one of the most hilarious characters in television. The Pine Weasel scene and the wine tasting scenes are stand-out moments for me. That smile... Incredible.

Are you really alone? I thought everyone liked Tremayne? I was just reading the Wrapped in Plastic episode guide for Episode 10 and they were ranting about how inspired his casting was.
Ian is perfect as Dick. And like most actors in TP, he'll probably never get a better role.
Why is that so true? Besides David Duchovny, Robyn Lively, Heather Graham, David L. Lander and Kyle, I can't think of ANY. Certainly not AFTER Peaks.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Wow guys, i did think i was only one. I LOVE the wine tasting scene! I'm sorry but i just crack up looking at Ian B. He was so great in On The Air, but i do like his character here maybe just a little better. I guess that's why i don't mind Lana so much because she is always involved in two characters i really like. Mayor Milford and Dick.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Yep, I like Dick Tremayne, he is supposed to be disliked, that is what makes him so great.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''