Favourite Images from Fire Walk With Me

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MFAP

Favourite Images from Fire Walk With Me

Post by MFAP »

I don't know bout you guys but I get an image from this movie stuck in my head from time to time. In the past my favourites have been Laura laughing through tears in the Black Lodge and Laura turning her head towards Donna when she asks if Laura is going to fix her a drink. Lately though my favourite image from the film is when Laura remembers the ring on Teresa Banks finger. Specifically, the slo-mo shot of Teresa brushing her fringe with her fingers, while Ronette is in the background.

Anyone else wanna share their favourite images from the film?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

That's one of my favorites. That and the scene at Hap's Diner. The mood that was captured in that scene is just amazing.

-B
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Favorite images? Hmm. I have to say that this, in my opinion, is the BEST looking David Lynch movie by far. Just the way it was shot. It's just so pleasant to look at, and the colors are great.

But some images that really stick with me are:

- Cooper's image sticking on the video recording as Jefferies walks by
- Leland revving the engine as the One Armed Man tells Laura who Bob is
- Last couple of minutes in the movie
New Shoes

Post by New Shoes »

MFAP

Post by MFAP »

oohhh.....fantastic capture..scary!!!
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Love that picture too, probably my favourite one. Jürgen Prochnow sitting in the top right gives something more to the scene, why should he be there?

I find the same logic applied to the end credits of INLAND EMPIRE, and I love the idea of gathering people from past Lynch movies in one room.
Shelly_Johnson

Post by Shelly_Johnson »

ok, so this moment in TP isent as "serious" as some of the others, but one of my most favorite images is when Dale Cooper and Harry Truman are sitting insdide the home of the packard's, and had just sampled a large drink of coffee when Pete Martell rushes in saying.....

"Fellas!, Dont drink that coffee! Youll, never guess, there was a fish IN the perkalater!" (lol hope spelling dosent count here but you get my drift)

the look on both Harry's and Cooper's faces as they choke down that drink of coffee....priceless....

i love coffee, but dont even want to imagine what that coffee would have tasted like...still it cracks me up every time to think about that.
"I am hard to remember but impossiable to forget"
Let's Rock

Post by Let's Rock »

The sequence with the portrait of the open door, and Laura's subsequent dream, has always haunted me somewhat.
Electricity!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Let's Rock wrote:The sequence with the portrait of the open door, and Laura's subsequent dream, has always haunted me somewhat.
i really have no desire to watch that again. it scared the crap out of me.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

I just really love Laura smiling at the very end of the film.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

These are a few my favorite images. I especially love the one of Laura's body floating just before dawn...there's something really stirring about that image for me, seeing the moments just before the pilot began. Also, the Ronette one...every time that title comes up and as she walks into frame, a chill runs up my spine 'I love that shot. The one of Laura and Donna in the Hayward living room is exceptionally beautiful...Ahh, and Laura's closeup...

charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Oh, and one more thing while I'm on here... Many of you have requested that I put some hi-res images on my website, so I've posted some wallpapers for anyone who's interested. Here's the link: http://www.moreintwinpeaks.com/search/l ... WALLPAPERS
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Charles, those are great pictures! And I love the wallpapers on your site. Thanks for posting again.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Black_Lodge

Post by Black_Lodge »

Its pretty difficult for me to pick a favorite image from the film, since this is my favorite film ever and I love every single shot of it, still the images that imediatly pop into my mind when someone mentions Fire Walk With Me are Bob in Laura's room, Julee Cruise singging in the Road house and the final scene in the train and Black Lodge. Great film! Still has the power to move and shock me emotionally.

Cheers!
"I'll see you in the trees..."